The possibility of a big guest?

hum3z

What are the chances of getting a big name to appear at future collectormania events?

I dont mean people like Sylvester Stallone, David Jason or Patrick Stewart but how about some of the bigger actors in the new Star Wars Films? Maybe Liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson (I know he's doing a star tours weekend) or Natalie Portman. Any of these would be amazing but is it likely to happen?

Take Care

Dave.

Alot of them are big Guests! I mean look how big Tem Morrison is in his home country, Anthony Head, but i know what you know about BIG guests, There has been talk of Carrie Fisher!

What are the chances of getting a big name to appear at future collectormania events?

I dont mean people like Sylvester Stallone, David Jason or Patrick Stewart but how about some of the bigger actors in the new Star Wars Films? Maybe Liam Neeson, Samuel L Jackson (I know he's doing a star tours weekend) or Natalie Portman. Any of these would be amazing but is it likely to happen?

Take Care

Dave.

I really hate to be a nit picker, but two out of three of the people you mentioned would not come.

Liam Neeson only signs for charity now. This has something to do with him finding out that an autographed picture of him was sold for about $3000 some time ago.

Natalie Portman no longer signs autographs what so ever. From what I understand, it all got to over to the top for her.

However, Sam Jackson is a nice guy (already met him a couple of years back) and does enjoy coming to England. So there is a possiblity there.

Darryl

Liam Neeson only signs for charity now. This has something to do with him finding out that an autographed picture of him was sold for about $3000 some time ago.

Natalie Portman no longer signs autographs what so ever. From what I understand, it all got to over to the top for her.

However, Sam Jackson is a nice guy (already met him a couple of years back) and does enjoy coming to England. So there is a possiblity there.

Darryl

I've been thinking about this. Would it be so problematic to have a guest like Liam attend and just allow him to give all of his profits to charity? One big guest out of so many surely wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Ewan also has a charity that he is sponsoring at the moment too, to put cinema screens into hospitals, and to help a Children's hospital in Scotland. I have no way of contacting Liam, but if Showmasters would be interested in Ewan maybe I can put the suggestion to him.

Obi-Wan :rolleyes:

Take Care

Dave.

I really hate to be a nit picker, but two out of three of the people you mentioned would not come.

Darryl

Specific guests wasn't the issue in my post, but the possibility of having a big guest. I used those names to illustrate my point, I am therefore sorry for the confusion.

May we hear an input from Showmasters regarding such an event that a well established BIG name came to MK?

Liam Neeson only signs for charity now.  This has something to do with him finding out that an autographed picture of him was sold for about $3000 some time ago.

Natalie Portman no longer signs autographs what so ever.  From what I understand, it all got to over to the top for her.

However, Sam Jackson is a nice guy (already met him a couple of years back) and does enjoy coming to England.  So there is a possiblity there.

Darryl

I've been thinking about this. Would it be so problematic to have a guest like Liam attend and just allow him to give all of his profits to charity? One big guest out of so many surely wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Ewan also has a charity that he is sponsoring at the moment too, to put cinema screens into hospitals, and to help a Children's hospital in Scotland. I have no way of contacting Liam, but if Showmasters would be interested in Ewan maybe I can put the suggestion to him.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

I should explain the Liam saga a little better. If you were to bump into him on the street is responce is always going to be 'No'. When I said he only signs for charity, what I should have explained is that he will only sign anything if you happen to be at a charity event that he is at. This is of course if you can get close to him. Also, he was in the top 10 of worst signers during 1999 and 2000. Bottom line is that he is a bad signer! He is well known in the autograph community for this.

Ewan would be a great idea. Last time I met him I fumbled my camera while trying to get a picture signed. Needless to say the camera didnt survive the fall onto the hard concrete. Hasnt he started Ep 3 yet?

Darryl

I should explain the Liam saga a little better. If you were to bump into him on the street is responce is always going to be 'No'. When I said he only signs for charity, what I should have explained is that he will only sign anything if you happen to be at a charity event that he is at. This is of course if you can get close to him. Also, he was in the top 10 of worst signers during 1999 and 2000. Bottom line is that he is a bad signer! He is well known in the autograph community for this.

Ewan would be a great idea. Last time I met him I fumbled my camera while trying to get a picture signed. Needless to say the camera didnt survive the fall onto the hard concrete. Hasnt he started Ep 3 yet?

Darryl

Hi Darryl.

Okay. I get your meaning on the Liam Neeson situation. It's a shame that he is a bad signer, but I guess we'll just have to accept that.

As far as I know Hayden is already in Australia for EPIII as he has more work to do than Ewan on this next film. As far as I am aware Ewan does not fly out until the end of the month as he is taking some time off after promoting 'Down with Love' in the US. He was in Scotland last week I know that much.

It's a shame your pictures of him didn't turn out. Where were you when you last met him?

Obi-Wan :D

I've just spoken to one of his contacts who has told me that Ewan is currently in Cannes promoting Young Adam, and he should be off to Australia shortly to begin work on EPIII.

Hope that helps.

I've just spoken to one of his contacts who has told me that Ewan is currently in Cannes promoting Young Adam, and he should be off to Australia shortly to begin work on EPIII.

Hope that helps.

Obi-Wan :yoda:

I could have told you that Obi Wan. He was in the newsapaper yesterday, something about tearing around Cannes on a motorbike.

Darryl

Hope that helps.

Obi-Wan  :yoda:

I could have told you that Obi Wan. He was in the newsapaper yesterday, something about tearing around Cannes on a motorbike.

Darryl

lol..

Yeh Natalie P wud b really good, though can I plz ask a favour? If u're an EMINEM fan cud u plz sign my petition 2 get him to appear @ a special event while he's touring da UK? Thanks a million! :yoda:

Lotsa Luv KittyPride **XxXx*©K.P!*XxXx**

**~Tash n Zara~HP babes 4eva!~**

**Slim_Shady_100%_all_da_way!**

*.:*KittyPride*:.*

Hope that helps.

Obi-Wan  :D

Darryl

Ah I see. Sorry Darryl I rarely read the newspapers or I would have known that too, instead of going straight to my contact. Doh!

I somehow have connections with Liam Nesson and I cannot remember eaxctly how, I think his sister is a friend of a friend....something like that, anyways, when I was at college I worked in Cineworld at at the time EP1 came out- Liam signed one of the huge Cinema posters in our cinema and they sold it for a small fortune to raise money for charity, because his nephew is disabled, and it went to a charity who helped him.

I want Sarah Michelle Gellar there too! A convention show organiser told me he was in negotiations with her and she wanted to charge £500,000 + travel expenses etc. so I doubt Showmasters could afford to hire her to do signings...

I suppose Jennifer Lopez would be very difficult to get but I would love to meet her! :rolleyes:

Maybe Showmasters can perform miracles. Here's hoping.