Lost Season 3 to Sky One

DavidB

im glad that lost has gone to sky one because they did wonders for the like of 24. they really know how to market a show. i also like that they plan to air season 3 before christmas to catch up with the US. it makes sense. maybe it will stop people downlaoding if they only have to wait a week.

but at the same time i resent sky one for not taking the risk in the first place. they have latched on to another successful programme that was launched by all the hard work of C4. i feel bad for terrestrial viewers that are now hooked on a show that they can no longer watch because they dont have sky one.

luckily, im not one of thse people.

=x=

im glad that lost has gone to sky one because they did wonders for the like of 24. they really know how to market a show. i also like that they plan to air season 3 before christmas to catch up with the US. it makes sense. maybe it will stop people downlaoding if they only have to wait a week.

but at the same time i resent sky one for not taking the risk in the first place. they have latched on to another successful programme that was launched by all the hard work of C4. i feel bad for terrestrial viewers that are now hooked on a show that they can no longer watch because they dont have sky one.

luckily, im not one of thse people.

=x=

Sky do take risks though, they co-commissioned Battlestar Galactica which was a fairly risky project with a lot of people very anti the idea of the remake. For me it doesnt matter that Lost is moving to Sky since I am a subscriber anyway, but I do know that there are a lot of people who dont have it and will be very disappointed.

but I do know that there are a lot of people who dont have it and will be very disappointed.

Yup....but someof us will just have to look into Cable to get Sky One!!!! TBH I would love it anyway!!!! ;)

cinemas should bring back intermission dont you think?

Gah :huh: at £17 a ticket it would seriously stink to have an interval!!!!

Nicely put ADA .... sort of ! Like I said, one man downloading for personal viewing is significantly less worrying, even if it IS still illegal ! The fact that it is like borrowing a video (albeit from the States) is fair comment.

My point is that people download albums, tv shows and movies, and can now mass produce them VERY cheaply and much more effectively that they ever could years ago, sitting at the back of a cinema with a camcorder. Through ebay, pub car parks, boot sales etc, these people make OBSCENE amounts of money without even paying tax.

Many such people just go off and buy a flash car and a plasma tv, and enjoy their ill gotten gains. Others are organised groups who sell 1000s (maybe 10s of 1000s) of copies specifically to raise funds for all sorts of illegal activity. Guns, drugs, people smuggling, broader terrorism.

Piracy is easily sorted in my opinion - I would much rather go and see something at the cinema but cinema prices are obscene. Also America often gets things six months before us. If these two factors are dealt with then most people would not even think about buying pirate dvds, or downloading.

I always buy Lost in Region One, for Season One this came out quickly, but the Season Two dvd was first scheduled to come out in June and was then put back till October. This was apparently because they did not want everyone buying it first before seeing it on TV, but they can hardly blame us if they wait so long to show it us on TV!

They should show it at exactly the same time in America and UK and then downloading would not even be an issue, coz everyone could just watch it on TV!

cinemas should bring back intermission dont you think?

Gah :unsure: at £17 a ticket it would seriously stink to have an interval!!!!

I was joking :P

£17???? OMG, which cinemas charge that? I once paid £15 to see a film at the Empire in Leicester Square and that was bad, but it was premium circle seats. My local cinema (and I'm in North London) charges £5.50 for an adult ticket!

£17???? OMG, which cinemas charge that?

There was some article in the paper the other day about upping cinema prices - I would guess for the West End! I already find it sickening that an Odeon in Leicester Sq charges about 15 and the Odeon in Camden charges 8.60 - hello reasoning please!!!! :poki: Oh right - you pay for the experience of sitting in a cinema in a tourist zone! lol