How do you get to CGMX2?

I'm thinkin of makin the trip to CGM2 but I live in Essex in the south of England so I'm unsure of how to get to CGMX2.

I can take the train where I live to London Liverpool Street but dont know the rest of the way. Can anyone please tell me how I can get there by train?

All help greatly appreciated...

• Moderators

You need to get to London Euston for the Virgin service to Manchester Piccadilly.

You can either get London Underground from Liverpool Street, or probably a bus or something.

It's best to check JOURNEY PLANNER Liverpool Street to Euston, and see what the best route is.

And also National Rail for the mainline service from London Euston to Manchester.

Then check the FAQ for links to information about how to get to GMEX once you're in Manchester :D

Edited by DavidB

You'd need to get the tube from London Liverpool Street to London Euston. Once in Euston there are direct trains to Manchester Piccadilly. Once in Manchester you can get a tram from the train station direct to the gmex. If you go on www.qjump.co.uk put in the travel details it will give you times and routes aswell as prices.

You'd need to get the tube from London Liverpool Street to London Euston. Once in Euston there are direct trains to Manchester Piccadilly. Once in Manchester you can get a tram from the train station direct to the gmex. If you go on www.qjump.co.uk put in the travel details it will give you times and routes aswell as prices.

get into london got to london victoria station and walk to victoria coach station & get a national express ticket to manchester it is cheaper than the train fare

Hehe, I remember last time at GMEX, me and my friend thought we could walk to the Jury's Inn at GMEX, but we got really lost and had to walk all the way back to the station and get the tram. Still got lost, went up the wrong street in the GMEX area and I had to phone my friend that lives in Manchester for help... :wub:

Not that the story is at all relevant, just has a tram in it.

Well Thundercrackler did ask for train ^_^

london to manchester by train is pricey

Saver Single

£54.10

Saver Single

£56.10

Standard Open Single

£88.00

Standard Open Single

£101.00

First Open Single

£108.00

First Open Single

£155.50

You can get it alot cheaper than that if you buy in advance. You can get single tickets from £12.50 upwards. Plus if you get the national express buses you are looking at about a 6 hour journey :wub:

How far is the Tram from Manchester Piccadilli train station. I'm hopeless with directions I just know we are going to get lost!

Rach when you get into the train station you need to go down two sets of escalators which will take you to the tram stop. Its still in the train station. There are signs. You can't miss it. :P

Well Thundercrackler did ask for train ^_^

Saver Single

£54.10

Saver Single

£56.10

Standard Open Single

£88.00

Standard Open Single

£101.00

First Open Single

£108.00

First Open Single

£155.50

You can get it alot cheaper than that if you buy in advance. You can get single tickets from £12.50 upwards. Plus if you get the national express buses you are looking at about a 6 hour journey :wub:

Actually you can get them even from £8.25 per single ticket each way from and to London. And it can be as little as a two and a half hour journey - and a lot less cramped than a coach.

Well Thundercrackler did ask for train :lol:

Saver Single

£54.10

Saver Single

£56.10

Standard Open Single

£88.00

Standard Open Single

£101.00

First Open Single

£108.00

First Open Single

£155.50

You can get it alot cheaper than that if you buy in advance. You can get single tickets from £12.50 upwards. Plus if you get the national express buses you are looking at about a 6 hour journey :huh:

How far is the Tram from Manchester Piccadilli train station. I'm hopeless with directions I just know we are going to get lost!

Rach when you get into the train station you need to go down two sets of escalators which will take you to the tram stop. Its still in the train station. There are signs. You can't miss it. :D

There are two different trams running on the track, so if you take the tram and you want to go to piccidilly station, you must take the piccidilly tram, the others, either the eccles and altringham tram will go by the Gmex center

Edited by Arik_Soong

Thanks for all the helpful info eveyone, its really appreciated...but, I think the train maybe out of the question now.

So now, I change my question to something that goes like this...anyone living in the essex area who I could catch a lift off to manchester with? Locally, like Chelmsford, maybe Basildon. Might sound like I'm taking liberties sayin that but I'd really like to at least try to get to this convention even if only once.

All help appreciated :)

Just found out, gotta look after me house that weekend of the convention. Cant make it now. Dang. But thanks again to all who gave me good info and I'll make a note to write it all down for future use.

Special thanks go to DavidB, Thanatos and Il Cavaliere Nero.

But keep postin if you want to just in case anyone else needs advice for travel to Manchester and they come looking here.