C5 - please - NO LOTR!!!

Darth_Owl

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree no LOTR next time around. Or 2 guests max, and youve got one with Brad Douriff. There are other films out there, many better. Its just because they are popular at the mo.

Lets be honest. Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis. Thats it for them. Theyll be living at conventions forever now.

Lets make C5 a more varied show! :D

Wasnt c4 varied?

As for it being just because the films popular now NOOOOO most people went to see Elijah, yes LOTR didnt do his career any harm but he is known for other films.

And are you going to limit it to two people per film/show? 3 people in star trek, albeit different start trek shows but still 3 people at c4.

How many other "hollywood" stars would come over?

And I doubt Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis will be living at conventions (Maybe i'm wrong but time will tell, call me in 20 years and we'll see)

Anyway, if LOTR doesnt interest you wouldnt it be great to have them there, it gives you a better chance for other autographs whilst we're q'ing for LOTR?

SM Bring on the whold LOTR cast, We can handle it. :P

I HAD FUN ;)

I still say more LOtR, the better. Having as many guests from it as we did is kinda rare! Especially in England and i'd definately welcome them back!!

But i do have to admit i loved Elijah in Flipper and The adventure of Huckleberry Finn!!.. so long ago but argh yay! :wub:

You will only encourage more dissapointment.

Give C5 to the fans of other phenomenon's - make it an event to remember.

Ditch the LOTR focus!

WHAT noooooooooo please get them back if you do another one!!PLEASE did you consider those who despit all efforts couldnt go to meet them. I have been severly and mortally wounded by that comment, its my only cahnce to ever meet the LOTR cast and if you do get rid of them i will surely die of loss of fluids through the tears i would cry!

I personaly likes Star Wars - But I do collect Lord Of The Rings too ... I read that alot of people was unhappy with the line up of guests from Star Wars ( NONE I had a friend going only to see Gary Kurtz ) - But look around you can go to anything these days with out Star Wars guests. I think what Showmasters are doing getting people from other movies are great .. as I wrote earlyer I like the mix of guests at C4 ... but maybe the hobbits where justtoo big to this kind of event.

I have been thinking if Showmasters made a fee for coming in lets say £10 - £15 would that not help alot ? I mean people would not come there just to look at the stars giving the autograph hunter a bit more room .. again I was not at C4 I have only heard that it was too crowed. and for the fee to get in showmasters could make a small gift to people like a poster or a Tshirt .. something and the show would still feel like a fee one and you got a little something for your money even.

again please forgive the spelling im not english .. but I do try to write understandable

:wub: Hr N.

Wasnt c4 varied?

As for it being just because the films popular now NOOOOO most people went to see Elijah, yes LOTR didnt do his career any harm but he is known for other films.

And are you going to limit it to two people per film/show? 3 people in star trek, albeit different start trek shows but still 3 people at c4.

And I doubt Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis will be living at conventions (Maybe i'm wrong but time will tell, call me in 20 years and we'll see)

Anyway, if LOTR doesnt interest you wouldnt it be great to have them there, it gives you a better chance for other autographs whilst we're q'ing for LOTR?

SM Bring on the whold LOTR cast, We can handle it. :wub:

I HAD FUN ;)

The only other good film Elijah Wood was in was Faculty. He was in Flipper FFS!

Thing with Star Trek is that George Takei or Rene Auberjonis have been in over things unlike Dominic Monaghan for example.

You say you can handle more LOTR guests. Thats not the problem. Its whether the organisers can.

nooo keep lotr people!! i loved the books, loved the films and if i havnt met all the main cast members by the time im 24 i have to take a sky dive so keep lotr coming. but i deff think if sm were 2 get orlando (i wouldnt care either way as i do not like him aaaaaaah dont attack im sorry all u orli fans!) they should have summat seperate cos like nearly everyone loves orlando for some reason...

psh Johnny Depp would be a much better idea. he is so kool

Wasnt c4 varied? 

SM Bring on the whold LOTR cast, We can handle it.  :wub: 

I HAD FUN :D

Thing with Star Trek is that George Takei or Rene Auberjonis have been in over things unlike Dominic Monaghan for example.

You say you can handle more LOTR guests. Thats not the problem. Its whether the organisers can.

yes but im sure the sm would get more lotr guests but maybe havin elijah wood (for the lay-dees) and sean astin (for meeeeeeeeeeeee and all other fans) together wasnt such a great idea

i THINK LORD OF THE RINGS IS GREAT THE SAME PEOPLE AGAIN FOR THE DISSAPIONTED ONES

I THINK THAT IF YOU DIDNT INVITE THEM AGAIN C5 WILL BE CRAP COS NO ONE BIG AND SPECIAL WILL BE THERE SO I DONT THINK MANY PEOPLE WILL GO I NO I WOULDNT AND THERE ARE ALOT OF LORD OF THE RINGS FAN OUT THE

i THINK LORD OF THE RINGS IS GREAT THE SAME PEOPLE AGAIN FOR THE DISSAPIONTED ONES

I THINK THAT IF YOU DIDNT INVITE THEM AGAIN C5 WILL BE CRAP COS NO ONE BIG AND SPECIAL WILL BE THERE SO I DONT THINK MANY PEOPLE WILL GO I NO I WOULDNT AND THERE ARE ALOT OF LORD OF THE RINGS FAN OUT THE

Turn your caps lock off and get into the real world. LOTR is good but you can run a good film fair without LOTR guests. Simple as.

Playing devils advocate a bit here but shouldn't we just be glad to have the opportunity to meet any of the stars they manage to get?

Sure, some may not be to your liking but lets have a good mix to give lots of people something to look forward to.

Personally, while I love the LOTR films, at C4 I was more interested in the Buffy and Star Trek guests as that's what I'm more into at the moment but fully appreciate others weren't and while I'd love to meet more of both, I wouldn't dream of making others who are into other things miss out and we shouldn't be calling for no LOTR stars in the future just because they're so popular.

Problems with tickets, queueing etc aside, I just think it's amazing Showmasters can get these people to appear and give us the opportunity to meet any of them. If there's no-one I'm interested in next time never mind, I can wait but I'm guessing I won't be disappointed :D

What concerns me more are the people I've missed at previous ones (this was my first) who I might not get the chance to meet again.

I agree no LOTR next time around. Or 2 guests max, and youve got one with Brad Douriff. There are other films out there, many better. Its just because they are popular at the mo.

hey hang on . . .. .im a lotr fan because of THE BOOKS . . . . . yeah, ive read them, lots nl ots, i love em,

i just wanted to meet the peeps who'd been partially responsible for bringing one of my favourite books to cinema!

many better? i have to disagree, but thats my opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. . . . .

id also like to state that i am and elijah fan in general, and would have liked to commented on his other films, if i had met him . . . . . . yeah, he is more popular now, but he did already have a huge fan base, its just the rising popularity of the lotrs has highlighted it.

.............................. do i make any sense? :angry: ............................ probably not . .. *sigh*

Edited by Hobbitifyed friend

Lets be honest. Dominic Monaghan, Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis. Thats it for them. Theyll be living at conventions forever now.

Well, that's a POV; but to be fair, certainly Andy Serkis had a lengthy and successful career before LOTR and, while he might not ever be involved in anything as massive as LOTR again, I don't actually see him earning his living on the con circuit for the rest of his days. :huh:

so you're saying the star wars fans are better controlled than other fans? that might be because most star wars fans have probably met all the stars and they dont get excited anymore. i bet they did the first time they met someone.

I think what Darthowl is saying is that the Star Wars fans tend to be a bit older so you tend to have a certain age group as apposed to hundreds of screaming kids and there mums n dads.

In saying this im a massive Star Wars fan but it think everyone should be able to meet people they want to meet and i for one wouldnt want no LOTR guests cos its probably the best lot of films since Star Wars.

I HAD FUN :D

What the heck are you talking about?? Saying Elijahs only good movie was The Faculty............ :P

Haven't you ever seen Forever Young, Radio Flyer, The War, North, The Good Son, The Adventures of Huck, Deep Impact, or Oliver Twist?????

These are all great movies!!!!!