Can I just say..... Awesome!

JaY (Gears?!?)

WEll as you can see from the topic title I kinda enjoyed this week's episode. Call me old fashioned but I love the Cybers! As soon as I saw the Sphere I was like that looks like the blobs on the Daleks! (I had managed to stay away from all spoilers) And I was right! Can't wait for next week now!

mm, but then the timelords could also be in another reality... and it seems that - since the timewar - they're completely gone... plus in the musem episode last season, the doctor couldn't sense any more...

i could understand the first time, because they'd changed a bit and probably weren't so easily sensed... but for me a second incarnation of them after the timewar is a bit much :wacko:

ah well, hope to see it tonight, seriously hope too that there's a great explanation of it...

well, just seen the episode - i take it back, what i said about them bringin the daleks back, they've actually managed it VERY well!! very impressed, and torchwood looks like it needs the doctor - they try anything without learning about it...? :headscratch:

must say, next week's should be good... and it'll be interestin to see micky try to take out the daleks with summat that looks like it might be a pop gun! :YAHOO:

I thought it was a good episode, although smacked a little of 'Quick nearly the end of the series, let's put in all the characters everyone knows because we can't be bothered to think of some more.' :) Mickey, Daleks, Cybermen, and half the ex-cast of EastEnders lol. But despite that I thought it was pretty exciting, and I'd like to see what happens

I have to say I enjoyed it. Interesting that Jackie was surprised to see them walk through the front door considering she heard the tardis before it landed at the start of the xmas invasion.

I must say I liked the idea of the ghosts being cybermen, very clever didn't see that coming!!

And this may sound really blonde and I apologise in advance but at the start of the episode Rose says this is the story of how I died...so how can she be telling the story if she died?? I have been wondering if somehow they manage to find a way for her to regenerate into a new companion but that seems a little extreme. Still gutted she's leaving. My Rose costume will be laid to rest, unless I find the rihgt time to bring her out of the closet again

and half the ex-cast of EastEnders lol.

:D

AP - i think its possibly being told from a 'ghost' type view, or else there's a way to give her presence a few minutes of extended existence or summat, but its not a 'blonde' thing to wonder at - while i didn't take any notice of it, its when you said it i thought about it.

but hey, its a story... if they decide to have no real reason for it... y'know :D

also, i suspect the reason she was surprised was partially because she thought her dad was due, and partially because it seemed to have landed a bit further away - the park seems (though i'm not sure) to be a few streets away...

AP - i think its possibly being told from a 'ghost' type view, or else there's a way to give her presence a few minutes of extended existence or summat, but its not a 'blonde' thing to wonder at - while i didn't take any notice of it, its when you said it i thought about it.

but hey, its a story... if they decide to have no real reason for it... y'know :D

also, i suspect the reason she was surprised was partially because she thought her dad was due, and partially because it seemed to have landed a bit further away - the park seems (though i'm not sure) to be a few streets away...

umm yeah i guess your right, I just found it strange she was introducing the lead up to her own death, which I feel a bit disapointed at. could they not have kept that as a good/bad ending to have her die instead of ruining it at the begining??!!

could they not have kept that as a good/bad ending to have her die instead of ruining it at the begining??!!

true, i do agree with you on that - i was just a bit disappointed to discover that for certain, since it seemed to have been said to the press 'watch and see' - it really takes most of the element of surprise for the death from the next epi... :D

admittedly, we can hope that its maybe a metaphorical death? maybe death of travelling desires, or maybe an injury that the doctor decides has left her unable to travel?

err... just random thoughts... :D

I loved this episode....was on the edge of my seat all the way through.....and I just creased myself at the 'Ghostbusters' gag :gorgeous:

I do agree with JaY (Gears?!?) on Rose's death being ruined at the beginning...to be honest I don't particularly see WHY they had to do it like that....would have created more shock if they had left it as a surprise.

damn, i've just realised it was on tonight!!! :YAHOO:

question - how the HELL did they justify returnin the daleks?:headscratch:

from what i understod the spher was someplace out side time and dimenshens , so any one / thing in ther was keeped alive for lord knews how long

BTW : wawww that eps rocked

I loved this episode....was on the edge of my seat all the way through.....and I just creased myself at the 'Ghostbusters' gag :thumbup:

I do agree with JaY (Gears?!?) on Rose's death being ruined at the beginning...to be honest I don't particularly see WHY they had to do it like that....would have created more shock if they had left it as a surprise.

isn't it kind of wired that shes telling of her death.....

I don't see the problem with throwing both the Darleks and the Cybermen in together. I think it makes it even bigger and better! If you think about it, the fact that they brought Mickey etc. back is because of Rose's death;well thats what I reckon anyway.

That was in my opinion, a great episode!!!

I actually thought that they were starting the re-introduction of the TimeLords, and actually referrring to the Dalek's home planet of Skaro by name was a nice touch!!

I now regret not meeting the Doctor WHo cast that were at LFCC!!

Showmasters: If you read this, please get any of the cast from the finale episode to C10!!

Did I mention that I thought this was a great episode!!