Would you be interested in an SMS announcement service?

Alx

Would you be interested in an SMS announcement service?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Text Updates

• Yes
    • No

When I mentioned it, just to explain further to some people, I was saying that the announcements would be for the bigger / higer profile guests, or their cancellations. When like last week Christopher Lee was announced within a couple of hours the forum had gone dead again, and was on and off up to the show. Alot of people will have not known about his announcement.

A text to say he had cancelled would nto however have been sent out because that was only Confrimed on the Saturday and so was put straight onto the forum and put on posters around the show.

I can understand peoples concerns. But if you know how these work, you would understand that SM would not be making mony from this really because of the costs involved. Even out of the 25p you get charged almost 90% goes to the company operating the service and the network providers, therfore SM make nearly 10% from each one, so after all cost would be considered you would be lucky to break even.

A

i think its a good idea coz its so annoying when there's guest announcements and the forum crashes! would be easier to have it sent to my phone instead! and excellant for when you cant get on to the net any way like others have said!