LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Andie Tong

no, adding props shouldn't be a problem. :) collaborating with other artist, no probs. but how so? what did u have in mind?

Well we found out her favourite comic guys are Cable, Wolverine, Beast, Sabertooth and Nick Fury, we were gonna hopefully get some of the comic guys, including yourself to draw one of the charactrers and it would be some sort of party scene, I shall sketch out what I hope for it to look like so I don't go confusing you ^_^, but it's just gonna be those guys doing something party related in a way. If that's what we decide on that is. Either way I was just hoping to get pictures of these comicy guys all on one piece of paper we can frame and then give to her :D Anyway I've probably made no sense whatsoever ^_^.

andie,

i feel really vain (?) wanting a sketch of myself :huh:

just thought would be really to cool to have a professional marvel illustrator draw a picture of me and hopefully sign it so i can frame it , if that is possible it would be fantastic ;)

loves the marvel..on the other hand i could opt for a nice gambit picture as we all know hes the coolest xmen member of all ;)

J.

Just wanted to bump this thread and give Andie another big thank you for attending the LFCC this year, he seemed fairly busy but still took the time to have a good chat and enjoy the show (saw you with your Spider-Man/Black Cat Hardcover, man, hahaha)

I'm still in awe about how cool my Ms. Marvel sketch turned out. I'm definately gonna keep it safe in some portfolio where it can go with the start of my "MS. MARVEL by Professional Artists" collection. If you're ever at another con which I have access to, I'll definately get another sketch!

Heres a photo of Andie with the sketch he did for me:

IMG_0524.jpg

Awesome stuff,

Thanks again

Might I ask... what sort of paper is being used... as in how thick? Just wondering :D

Quite heavy stock, its very much like white smooth card, which is very good and considerate.

Ah cool thats great, we were wondering if we might have to bring our own heavy paper or not :)

Hahaha, no no, the artists treat their customers very kindly, are you going tomorrow then, cptalbertwesker?

Yup with my sister "Catmoo" Getting a whooping four pictures from the various comic-artist people, and we're getting a collaborative drawing from all four (if they are all drawing) for a present for a friend :)

Oh yeah, I think I read that in another thread somewhere, asking for balloons and birthday related items. All the best with that and have a good day tomorrow, cptalbertwesker and Catmoo.

Edited by yikhai

If (when!) Andie comes to another event, I'd certainly recommend him to anyone. Was certainly very pleased with the sketch I got and some great ones he'd done for other people too - compared to £20.00/£25.00 spent on other guests who barely said a word or looked at you, can't really go wrong with a one-off £5.00 sketch from a very friendly guest!

Oh yeah Andie was awesome... unlike my sister I didn't get him to draw millions of sketches. But I got him to draw a really cool one of Mal which I got Nathan to sign. Hilarious 'cos Andie couldnt stop laughing at my choice of pic :headscratch: I'll have to scan it in and pop it up

Hey fray101, what sketch did you get frm Andie?

I managed to find Andie's blog which I've now bookmarked so any more conventions I'm sure will be mentioned there.

With too many X-Men to choose from I went for Elektra. I'll see if I can scan it it when I get a chance.

cptalbertwesker, would love to see your Mal sketch!

Edited by fray101

Hey fray101, what sketch did you get frm Andie?

I managed to find Andie's blog which I've now bookmarked so any more conventions I'm sure will be mentioned there.

With too many X-Men to choose from I went for Elektra. I'll see if I can scan it it when I get a chance.

cptalbertwesker, would love to see your Mal sketch!

mal.jpg

Thought it was awesome 'cos Nathan was a little confused at first, then he realised what it was and quoted Mal in the signature :gorgeous:

Oh that's brilliant!

Have attached a photo of the Elektra sketch I got - was lazy and took a photo instead of scanning hence the blue tint!

Ah wow thats awesome, Elektra is so cool :YAHOO: I had half a mind to get him draw me a Daredevil but I'd spent enough money :)

Wow a dead Elektra in DD's arms would have been cool O_o

I saw Andie in the process of doing that sketch when I went to collect my Ms Marvel one, really awesome Gambit.

Thats a nice Elektra as well, I really like the face and her trademark Sai.

When does that version of Mal appear in? Its been a while since I saw Firefly/Serenity. Nice sketch though.

Heres a close-up of my favourite item of the convention. If I see Andie at another con, I'd probably ask to either get a full body of Ms. Marvel or a head/chest of Wonder Woman:

IMG_0532.jpg

I saw Andie in the process of doing that sketch when I went to collect my Ms Marvel one, really awesome Gambit.

Thats a nice Elektra as well, I really like the face and her trademark Sai.

When does that version of Mal appear in? Its been a while since I saw Firefly/Serenity. Nice sketch though.

Heres a close-up of my favourite item of the convention. If I see Andie at another con, I'd probably ask to either get a full body of Ms. Marvel or a head/chest of Wonder Woman:

Heh I love it when character's don't have eyes :YAHOO: my knowledge of comics does not go as far as Ms Marvel, but she looks cool, I love Andie's style

Yeah the Mal thing, is from a part in Serenity where he dresses up as a woman to 'save' Innara from The Operative, its a funny scene, thought it'd make a darn good sketch XD

Heh I love it when character's don't have eyes ;) my knowledge of comics does not go as far as Ms Marvel, but she looks cool, I love Andie's style

Yeah the Mal thing, is from a part in Serenity where he dresses up as a woman to 'save' Innara from The Operative, its a funny scene, thought it'd make a darn good sketch XD

Ms Marvel only came back recently to comics with her own book and her main objective has always been to be the best superhero there ever is. You gotta love her spirit :D . If you know Rogue from the X-Men and how she has super strength and can fly, those were taken from Ms Marvel back in the day and were somehow made permanent.

I vaguely remember that seen but I haven't seen Serenity for so long. I can see why Andie was laughing so much with you, asking him to sketch Nathan dressed as a woman :(

Did you go to the Alan/Nathan talk? They had that costume on display.

Anyway, seems we're all agreed that Andie has to be invited back! I might have narrowed my choice of X-Men down by then.

Oh, and extra credit for using decent quality paper for the sketches too.