Lost - Action Figures

DavidB

• Moderators
In a licensing agreement with Disney-ABC Television Group’s Touchstone Television, McFarlane Toys will produce a series of action figures based on the hugely popular television drama, Lost.

Slated to be in stores late fall, McFarlane Toys’ Lost Series 1 captures six compelling characters from the series’ first season: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Locke, Charlie and Shannon. Each 6-inch Lost action figure will come complete with a detailed base and photographic backdrop, capturing an episode-specific moment in the character’s story. In addition, each package will include a detailed prop reproduction, central to the character’s story, enabling fans to “own†a piece of the show’s mythology.

McFarlane Toys will also release Lost deluxe boxed sets – re-creating key moments between multiple characters, and small-scale dioramas – replicating central locations such as the mysterious island and the famous hatch.

McFarlane Toys CEO Todd McFarlane, who spent time with the Lost cast principals in Hawaii, where the series is filmed, says, “All of the key cast members were kind enough to allow me to scan their facial likenesses, so we can make the figures as realistic as possible. We now have the data, which will allow us to be more accurate than any other toy company in this country could be. In visiting the set, we were able to take enough reference photography to ensure that the environment for each of the figures represents what the viewer has seen on TV.â€

“In the end, we hope to be able to re-create all of the major cast members,†says McFarlane. “As the years go by, fans of the show will be able to collect their own society of Lost characters.â€

“With its unique cast of characters and detailed fantastical storylines, Lost has fostered a passionate fan base that just can’t get enough,†says Bruce Gersh, senior vice president, business development, ABC Entertainment and Touchstone Television. “We are excited to team with Todd McFarlane and McFarlane Toys to offer the show’s loyal viewers a compelling line of collectibles that captures the series’ intricacy, depth and appeal.â€

http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=3033 - Charlie figure preview.

• Moderators

Why is it a bit off? Companies always make figures in 'waves' as such, and so they only have a few characters in each series/wave, and with the number of people in Lost it's impossible to release them all at once.

even the article clearly states they're not inteding to make every charachter, just the 'major' ones - while it would be nice to have claire first, its nice just to have her at all, plus they want to maximise sales - so the sooner that the first few are out, the better.

just my 2cents :dance:

• Moderators

And it's probably best to do a Shannon one now .. while some other characters will be in it for the other seasons and will remain popular, so will still sell well in the future.

i saw her get shot, wasn't sure that she would definately die... :wub:

*spoiler - just in case*

i know the b*tch dies too, thank god, but does it really have to take so long?!?!

she shoulda went when she shot shannon!!! :dance:

“In the end, we hope to be able to re-create all of the major cast members,†says McFarlane. “As the years go by, fans of the show will be able to collect their own society of Lost characters.â€

i'm guessing from this that the Tails will be made IF they're gonna play a major part...

• Moderators

I'd say there's like at least 15 from the 'front' that are main characters, and then probably only 4 or so from the 'tail' end so I guess we'll see ... there are other characters they can go with too from flashbacks etc, and 'variant' ones (maybe like Locke in a wheelchair or something) .. depends how far they wanna go with it!

• 1 month later...