MIDICHLORIANS

A007

what do you mean, medichlorians are something that George Lucas created in order to make the Jedi's hold the power that they have, hence the reason why Anakin is more powerful than the rest of the jedi's. they are what makes a Jedi or a Sith, if thats not the reason your askin why then what do you mean because then i will be confused

what do you mean, medichlorians are something that George Lucas created in order to make the Jedi's hold the power that they have, hence the reason why Anakin is more powerful than the rest of the jedi's. they are what makes a Jedi or a Sith, if thats not the reason your askin why then what do you mean because then i will be confused

Cool with all that, just think the midichlorian concept makes the force more watered down and less mystical. Symbionts that live in your cells, think its a little too scientific. Just my opinion! :vader:

• 2 weeks later...

medichloirans were invented to annoy you! every time i watch the film i mute it EVERY time medichlorians are even mentioned. They are possibly the worst thing to happen to star wars, except making yoda computer animated and not a puppet....

medichloirans were invented to annoy you! every time i watch the film i mute it EVERY time medichlorians are even mentioned. They are possibly the worst thing to happen to star wars, except making yoda computer animated and not a puppet....

Although he can kick more ass in CGI!:blink:

Midichlorians shot first

What not Greedo?

What next Han stepping on Jabbas tail?

Although he can kick more ass in CGI

thats a matter of opinion, if i had to choose between CGI yoda's fight with palpatine or puppet yoda's scrap with R2D2 and dagobah (you know, when he is fighting over a torch) i would choose the puppet fight seen any day.

And his facial expressions were cooler back then too!

Although he can kick more ass in CGI

thats a matter of opinion, if i had to choose between CGI yoda's fight with palpatine or puppet yoda's scrap with R2D2 and dagobah (you know, when he is fighting over a torch) i would choose the puppet fight seen any day.

And his facial expressions were cooler back then too!

Yup, the puppet has more character and charm. The fight with Dooku was better than the one with the Palpatine!

anyway!!!

the question was about midichlorians,and i have to admit that when my intitial reaction to them was of general indifference.

even at the first mention of the script for episode one,there was widespread agreement that lucas clearly lacked the finesse usually associated with the workings of a clear and concise film treatment... the general consenus being that he was 'making it up as he went along'.

upon reviewing the prequel trilogy as a whole,this certainly and unarguably becomes apparant-characters do and say things ONLY because the script instructs them to and the scene-settings offer no explanation as to why they act or,in most cases,just react to the situations.

the most obvious being anakin and padmes romance...why does she fall in love with him?

why?

have any of you been in love? i mean REALLY in love?

i'm going off-topic,sorry... midichlorians!

midichlorians,were lucas' way of rationalising everything presented before in the SW universe... i'm sure you could read all sorts of psycho-babble into it and say it was his way of expressing his inner feelings about the state of the world we live in and how every single thing must be explained and rationalised...

at least,that what i read into it.

bizarre.

she'd rather die than make sure her two newborn children are protected and safe???

perhaps it's explained in some ******g book!!!

lucas at his very worst.

take his typewriter away.

Edited by jamie1138

nah, lucas actually ordered the books to change when tehy didn't say what he wanted them to say.

i believe Luke's son was originally called Luke in the books, this was changed by lucas because he didn't like it. so i understand it.

so books surrounding the prequels are about as confussed as the films :P