'comic' con?

jamie1138

corresponding via email with dave dorman,the premier and lucasfilm sanctioned star wars artist,he tells me he would love to attend a UK based convention event.

showmasters!

are you reading this?

the only way of being sure is to e-mail them, and email him their address as well, so that he can not only be sure who a request on their behalf is from, but also if he wishes email them directly

• Moderators
They call it that because, like I said, they DO have comic guests, but the film part is usually catered for better, that's all! :)

974298[/snapback]

Oh, and by the way, I hope you dont work for Showmasters, because that little excuse is LAME!!!!! Movie guests draw more money especially since comic guests dont normally charge for their signiture. That is the REAL reason!!!!

No, I don't "work for Showmasters" and it wasn't a "little excuse" it was simply an explanation! They DO have comic guests, and the film part IS catered for better! Anyone who has attended before (and even the organisers themselves) would probably say the same! It was just me explaining, I wasn't giving an excuse for anything.

However, you're right about saying that movie guests draw more money. Certainly they do! And is this a bad thing? Not from a business viewpoint, definitely not.

If comic guests don't charge, and the more "popular" ones are coming from America etc - for example Stan Lee who is often mentioned - then it would not be financially viable to have them surely?

Comic Cons in America can have these comic guests just doing publicity because of the easy travel etc. It's a whole different ballgame coming over here to do one.

And as previously mentioned, how do we even know anyone WANTS to travel all the way over here just for promotional purposes? I imagine they'd be a lot better off sticking with the ones they do in America - less effort, and more exposure .. but that's their choice obviously!