Lost Boys Talk

gebes

I went to the Lost Boys talk and it had a really great atmosphere to it, and thought I would just say thanks to Showmasters for getting them over.

But I would like to know where the print used was sourced from? I appreciate that like any reel, it can degrade over a period of time, but this one appeared to be quite bad, in fact there was evidence of some splicing to it as there was some dialogue missing.

In certain sections, it was actually similar to snow on a videotape!

Like I say, I realize things degrade and have never been to a talk like this before, and am just curious.

Am still glad that I went as it was great to listen to the talk and get the chance to see The Lost Boys on the big screen.

Thanks again for having them all over, roll on an appearance by Alex Winter!!

Hi gebes,

I'm the projectionist who ran the special presentation of The Lost Boys yesterday at easyCinema and I have to agree that the print was of very poor quality.

Unfortunately, sourcing a perfect print of a 19 year-old film is almost impossible.

The scratches, jumps and "snowy" effect are typical signs of a highly used print, this often happens with new releases too (our copy of The Matrix which we had for 19 weeks at 4/5 shows per day was practically ruined after it's run).

Until a new sturdier cinema film format becomes widely used we are going to have to continue using polyester film for now.

It's a shame the condition of the print wasn't as good as hoped, as this was pretty much a one-off event for UK LB fans.

Serenity and 'Potter fans were treated to much cleaner prints, but obviously they are newer films.

I hope everybody who attended the special screenings had a great time.

See you soon.

Swoz_MK + easyCinema

Dodgy film aside, it was an awesome experience to see the film on the big screen. The talk was great and each one of the guys seemed to genuinely enjoy himself. I went outside for a smoke after the talk, before the film started and I will thank God everyday that I have not yet given up smoking as the guys were out there having a smoke themselves while they waited for their cars to pick them up.

I got Corey Haim to sign the back of my Lost Boys ticket, I got a picture of me with the two Coreys and-the highlight of my entire life-Corey Haim gave me a huge hug as he was leaving :angel:

So thank you to everyone involved in this event-it was worth waiting over half my life for!!

I didn't mind about the fuzzyness and jumping, I thought it added to the atmosphere! Its 20 years old after all and we all knew when we were in there that it would be a special experience! I was so glad I got to be there, I would do it all again tomorrow! :angel:

I didn't mind about the fuzzyness and jumping, I thought it added to the atmosphere! Its 20 years old after all and we all knew when we were in there that it would be a special experience! I was so glad I got to be there, I would do it all again tomorrow! :WINCE:

968467[/snapback]

Snap!

Besides, I was too busy saying the script myself to care about the 'jumps'! I just can't express enough how fecking excellent it was :WAVE:

I didn't mind about the fuzzyness and jumping, I thought it added to the atmosphere! Its 20 years old after all and we all knew when we were in there that it would be a special experience! I was so glad I got to be there, I would do it all again tomorrow! :lol:

968467[/snapback]

Damn right!! It was an awesome experience to see it on the big screen!

Many thanks to Showmasters for getting them over.

I think from what they were saying during the talk that they enjoyed it as much as we did!

Highlight of my weekend!! :D