ONLY for SM :-)

Nili

just for SM  

16 members have voted

1. 1. just for SM

• 1. Not at all , beein ther befor .
    • 2. A bit , but it'll pass .
    • 3 Paaanick time , help , I wont to go home.

I've been going to events since 1979 (Seacon 79 down in Brighton) and running them since 1993 (Warp One up in Morecambe).

So I don't get nervous anymore. But each event is different and exciting. They also each offer unique challenges. So I'm not blase about them.

David

Edited by DavidSimons

Like David S, I'm a bit of old pro!

No, not that sort of "old pro" - thank you very much! :(

I think what David was saying about each event being different and exciting! No two conventions are the same, in my experience, it's great meeting up with people either for the first time or as in many cases, since the last convention! :lol: I think that part of the convention experience is meeting up with friends and hanging out with them as well as meetings guests and buying stuff from the dealer! :D

since 1979 ?!? how old are you ?

some one who is older then i am hehhehehee - no offence :-)

I'm older than everyone. I'm officially the oldest person on the forum.

then you'r nic shuld be "The elder" :-)

since 1979 ?!? how old are you ?

some one who is older then i am hehhehehee - no offence :-)

I'm older than everyone. I'm officially the oldest person on the forum.

then you'r nic shuld be "The elder" :-)

Actually they tend to refer to me as "The Wiser". Well actually nobody's actually called me that but hey, anything's possible.

1979; damn I wasn't even born then.

Well Seacon was a great con, you should have made a special effort to be born earlier so you could get there. :huh:

If only my mam and dad were randier earlier!

1979; damn I wasn't even born then.

i was born almost a decade afterwards. eep

have the sudden urge 2 write this:

will u b my mommy?

sorry, had 2 b done

I'm a boy person and boy people don't grow up to be Mummies they grow up to be Daddies

bloody hell cheers for clearing that up for me David, i was beginning to wonder LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

How nervous am I?! Nervous isn't really the right word, but certainly we all feel the pressure of the huge responsibility of running a show like Collectormania. Ultimately, all we want to do is run a great show where everyone, guests, public and dealers have a great time. Whilst it is a fact of life that we all have to make money, I can honestly say that that is not what Collectormania is about. It feels like our baby almost, and we want to protect it, and make sure that you all love it!

All the hard work, stress and last minute panicking is all made worthwhile when we see people meeting their idols with a great big smile on their faces. When we sit and talk into the early hours of the morning with some of the guests, and end up with new friends it is a great feeling. Ultimately though, if we can make peoples dreams come true then we have achieved what we set out to do.

I hope every one of you has a wonderful time at Collectormania this weekend. We so appreciate your support, and hope that we live up to your expectations.

Mark ;)

Hi everyone,

How nervous am I?! Nervous isn't really the right word, but certainly we all feel the pressure of the huge responsibility of running a show like Collectormania. Ultimately, all we want to do is run a great show where everyone, guests, public and dealers have a great time. Whilst it is a fact of life that we all have to make money, I can honestly say that that is not what Collectormania is about. It feels like our baby almost, and we want to protect it, and make sure that you all love it!

All the hard work, stress and last minute panicking is all made worthwhile when we see people meeting their idols with a great big smile on their faces. When we sit and talk into the early hours of the morning with some of the guests, and end up with new friends it is a great feeling. Ultimately though, if we can make peoples dreams come true then we have achieved what we set out to do.

I hope every one of you has a wonderful time at Collectormania this weekend. We so appreciate your support, and hope that we live up to your expectations.

Mark :P

Well said Mark and I am sure there will be lots of dreams come true at the weekend, Hell I'm gonna meet Elijah Wood, i wonder if my other dream will come true though lol ;) .

I so cannot wait to meet all the guests, its gonna be an awesome weekend!!!!!!!!!!!