Can i please have peoples views on this

lee_c00per

I know exactly what you mean... I bought this poster that came out to promote the SW DVD.

th_04788_Star_Wars_DVD.jpg

I started getting it signed about a year ago, in silver on the dark area and in blue on the light area. I had a lot of positive reaction on it last Sunday, most actors liked it a lot.

The reason why I picked this poster which has no particular characters on it, is that I can get it signed by everyone from the sequels. No problems with spacing or characters standing in the way.

I know the ROJ poster you're referring to... could this be it?

th_04704_rotj__half_sheet.jpg

I think the problem is that it doesn't have a lot of space on it...

I have the top one which is double in width and has characters like Luke, Leia, Han and the droids. Here's a picture

79_2.JPG

A mate of mine has the Return of the Jedi one i was refering to and has got 18 signatures on it so far. With only enough room for a couple more

Edited by lee_c00per

Wow that's a nice version too! It really adds to it that all the main characters are on it.

I like my posters to be portraits though...

Well, 18 signatures on a poster is not a lot. 40 or 50 signatures make a better number for me. :D

P.S.: is your ROJ poster the one mentioned in my previous post?

It' the one i have my eye on, though it goes for about £75-£100 on ebay and in mint condition. The one i have is the Special Edition Quad. It has about 16 signatures on it but Mike Quinn wrote Best Wishes on it and there aren't that many characters on it

Quite a lot of money for a poster, my poster cost me about 6£... Plus all the expences for the autographs of course. Because I participate in organizing events with Mark, most of the sig's on it were for free. Lucky me...

I can imagine how you feel with the "best wishes" thing on it. But I think smudging and things like that are a lot worse!

The right pen and good directions for the actors what to write down, are your keys to success...

What should i do. I might sell the one Mike Quinn cocked up as it bugs me big time.

I agree £100 is alot for it as my mate got his for £7 mint on ebay by off chance.

I can't seem to find a poster which is perfect.

I could get another return of the Jedi one like i have and start again. But there's no leia or Lando on it who are people i am likely to meet sometime and it means that i cna't get people like Julian Glover, Ken Colley, Richard Le Parmentier on it.

1a_1_b.JPG

I have no interest in the Prequal autographs as i don't beieve enough guests do signings here, to geta decent collection

For now I have little interest in prequals either, these people will still be around for quite while if you ask me.

If the poster bugs you, you should get rid of it. That's my opinion.

I'd love to have a poster too without any cracks in it and perfectly signed in the right colour, but it's quite hard to keep a poster in mint condition if one carries it around to conventions and things like that.

Why don't you use the landscape one you have from the SW DVD release? Glover, LeParmentier and Colley can then sign it too...

It's small. It's much smaller than a Quad and wouldn't get that many autos on it. Especially if you're name is Barrie Holland and take up whole poster

I need to sort it out soon, so i know what to sell and what poster to get before LFCC4. I might sell my 3 Star Wars Quads, get £150 or so for the lot, sell my 8x10's (which i don't know why i bought them) and get one nice poster and start again like Carrie Fisher.

What poster? Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :D

I am probably be going to Empire Day again in November as lon as there aren't many prequal guests there

I have the top one which is double in width and has characters like Luke, Leia, Han and the droids. Here's a picture

79_2.JPG

A mate of mine has the Return of the Jedi one i was refering to and has got 18 signatures on it so far. With only enough room for a couple more

932140[/snapback]

[/quote

Lee where did you get this trilogy poster from?

Jason

I got it from Star wars.com There were 2500 ever made and we £80 each on stalls at the last LFCC. Mine went into a frame as soon as i bought it, so its in mint condition.

I am thinking of selling it in the frame as it looks amazing

I have "the darker half" of it and it only cost me 7£ or so... I checked it last night with all the sigs on it from last Sunday... and it looks stunning. And - more important - it's not even half full at the moment.

I recieved a quote today for the 1983 Return of the Jedi Quad i metioned earlier. It's in absolute mint condition but they want £150. To me that's a little steep even for an Original Quad.

In the US last moth i saw a US Empire poster Special Edition poster for £450. It was signed by Hamill, Fisher, Ford and McDiarmid.

Loved the autos but not the poster. It was a genuine and was in an aythentic autograph store at DownTown Disney.

Oh Well

I guess i need to keep looking for the perfect poster

Here's a shot of my poster... and it's no even half full as you can see:

th_65372_SW.poster.jpg

I hope to get about 20 or 25 more sigs on it by the end of the year... with another Empire Day coming up in the fall, that should be no problem I think.

Edited by Mazzic

That's cool mate. I see you don't have Carrie Fiasher and Peter Myhew yet. LFCC4 for you then

Your poster is considered as the DVD Version then? When i bought mine (the larger one) it was considered as a limited edition Anniversary one