University

Alx

Just cursious, where does everyone study and what do you think of the institution that you are studying at? What courses are you doing?

Im curious as I should be going this September providing I study this year. My first choice is University of Gloucester (tho I will be in Cheltenham) studying Events Management.

At this stage I dont know where to put as my insurance choice. I was going to put UWIC in Cardif as my first choice until I went to visit and was very unhappy with it (despite it being in the top 3 in country) so hows about everyone else?

A

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking of Gloucester to do mu masters based in Cheltenham. Also maybe Cardiff as i heard good things about it but best to go to open days as i changed my mind about a few uni's when i applied for my undergrad.

Hey everyone!

I've not been to uni and feel that i've missed out so good luck to everyone that goes!

I noticed some of you are going to Cheltenham?

Let me know if you do, I live local so maybe we could hang out sometime.

Ian

x

(btw: sorry I havn't posted on here in ages. lol)

Edited by skyriderz20

Yeh I really wana go to Cheltenham its a great area and the uni seemed really good and seemed to fit best with what I wanted. When I looked at Cardiff I was suprised and it has made me book open days at all the other Unis ive applied for just to have a look

A

When I looked at Cardiff I was suprised and it has made me book open days at all the other Unis ive applied for just to have a look

918268[/snapback]

You'd be mad not to. Obviously you can't get a complete impression from one visit, but when you're deciding where you're going to spend the next 3 years of your life, you'd be mad not to at least go and get some sort of feel of the place as part of your research.

I've looked at a few. Lampeter in Wales was a nice one but a bit too far away for my liking.

Canterbury is the best university i've found. My brother goes there and loves it. I've been to stay with him a few times and everything's really relaxed and people seem friendly. Night life is great too ;)

I've applied to Canterbury, Northampton, Winchester and London (St.Marys), but i've decided that i'm probably going to go to Northampton.

Moving too far away is really scary :blush:

i didnt go to uni, i decided not to as i wanted to "get out into the world" and i didnt want to do a whole other 3 yrs at uni studying acting, i just want to act, not study it any more, i wana just go do it n not write ridiculously long essays about it. Dont get me wrong im not sayin uni is a bad thing, i mean if i had studied philosophy or something i would have probably gone on to uni

well I was in Cumbria Institute of the arts..but I left at christmas..so now I'm applying to do animal/wildlife management/welfare and wildlife conservation at various places..I think my first choice is University of the West of England, Bristol thats in Gloucester or Askham bryan college in York

So many people going to Chelt. and Glos Uni! Didn't realise it was so popular...thats my home town.

Am at the University of Liverpool, in my 4th yr studying history. Also recommend visiting Universities before deciding - i'd never thought i'd enjoy Liverpool so much until the open day.

I'm in my 1st year at University of Glasgow where a dry day is a nice day :P Doing Earth Science, Geography and Astronomy. Uni is pretty nice, still not use to the tour buses :lol: My halls suck big time though :lol: Trying to do an exchange year abroad in Canada next year so got everything crossed and then some :lol:

what uni's u looked at Tigsy. Im hoping to do environmental management or env. conservation. Not sure which are the best uni's for environmental/wildlife courses.

918577[/snapback]

Well as of yet I haven't been to the open days so I'm basing my opinions so far on reading up on course content and looking at the websites..Seeing as I have my A levels already I'm gonna see which uni's accept me and then goto the open days and make my final choices.Strange way around but still..

I've applied to Anglia Ruskin Uni-Cambridge-Animal Welfare

Askham Bryan College-York-Animal management and science

University of west england,Bristol-Glouscester-Wildlife managment

Uni of Kent-Canterbury-Wildlife conservation

Nottingham Trent-Notts-Wildlife conservation

Uni of Wolverhampton-Animal managment

I'm not too sure on which uni's are best for these courses but looking at the facilities some of them has helped me slightly.Some have on site wildlife centers and small farms etc.

I have a friend doing a conservation course in gloucester uni she seems to enjoy it.From what she said her course content sounds good and has some good modules to choose from

I applied to Cranfield, Royal Agricultural College & Reading so far to do Natural resource managemnt. Theres no limit on how many unis u apply to for a masters so still thinking of applyin gto Nott Trent and a few in Wales.

i'm not old enough for uni yet. Dunno if im gonna go, but if i do i'll probably just go to the nearest one. Luton Uni or Hertforshire Uni.

Im not really good at moving away

but saying that... theres an uber cool college course avaliable in Australia which i'd LOVE to go out there and take!

Im at ROse Bruford In Kent, studying Costume Production. While the institutoin is nice, the course is so BORING!!! Its set in a really nice park, and most people are friendly.

I applied to Oldham in manchester, to do Lighting and Sound, Guilhall in london to do Technical Theatre, Central School Of Speech and Drama for special Effects costume, LIPA for lighting but they didnt even give me and interview, Rose Bruford, WImbledon COllege of Art for costume design and production and London College of Fashion for Costme, but i didnt get an interview. I got interviews at all the others, but only got offers for Oldham and ROse Bruford.

i didnt go to uni, i decided not to as i wanted to "get out into the world" and i didnt want to do a whole other 3 yrs at uni studying acting, i just want to act, not study it any more, i wana just go do it n not write ridiculously long essays about it. Dont get me wrong im not sayin uni is a bad thing, i mean if i had studied philosophy or something i would have probably gone on to uni

918502[/snapback]

Tell me about it! I'm currently studying drama and theatre studies for AS level... Now one teacher is ok as we study the play through practical work.... the other play with the other teacher we just sit reading, discussing and writing essays about it! Oh yeah and I have 5 essays due in monday that are just so boring to write!

Back to topic...... no idea where to go for university... not even sure what I want to study! Luckily I don't have to worry about it just yet....

I should really look into the open days,start writing down some dates I think.I really do like the look of Askham Bryan college in York..good transport links to Leeds and London for gigs woop woop.The college looks nice and for the tution fee's of £2,100 a year you get a laptop for your studies.I already have a laptop but still quite handy!

not sure yet exactly which campus i'll be at. Still need to apply as you apply directly to the uni without all that UCAS rubbish for a masters. Theres loads of open days i wanted to go like some in Scotland but its just too far and hard getting time off work as they all fall on a Wednesday or Saturday and i already missed loads of Wednesdays.

I was based at Pitville Campus (right next to the race course) but had lectures at both Francis Close Hall and Park and they are both really good campus'. Park is the more modern campus and has the main SU bar there (also where they hold many live band nights and the Xmas ball). The summer ball at Cheltenham has the reputation of one of the best in the country, last year they had Scott Mills as the dj and Goldie Lookin Chain as the main band and the year before was Fun Lovin Criminals and Girls Aloud. If either of you have any questions feel free to email me and ask away, its always good to have an idea of what people think about the place, I really enjoyed my time there.