CSI Fanfic - Before Vegas

Mike

This story is based on characters and situations owned by the original author/writers, publishers and distributors. No copyright infringement is intended or to be infered.

Before Vegas

Sara Sidle stepped out of the car. It was raining. Heavily. She hated the rain. Especially when on a case. All the evidence she would need to get a scum bag off the streets would be washing away under her feet.

She walked along the San Francisco pavement, and turned into an alley. There was Detective Samuels standing over a body. Sara liked him, a lot. She was thinking of asking him out for a meal later on. After the case.

“Gunshot wound to the head. No apparent signs of struggle.†He said, in that tone that said this case wasn't going to bring closure.

“Great†replied Sara, clearly frustrated. “This may be one of those cases.â€

“I’ll be in my car, just tell me when you’re clear for me to leaveâ€

“Ok. Might see you later.†Replied Sara, in a mischievious tone.

She set her case down as Samuels walked off. The body was facing south east, against a wall. Sara got out the ALS and pointed it at the wall. Just as she expected. Blood. But only a trace. The rain has washed away most of her crime scene.

Then Sara heard it. The sounds that no one wants to hear. Gun shots. Then the return fire. She naturally dropped her equipment, and took out her weapon. Raising it to shoulder height, she ran down the alley. Her heart was racing, faster than it ever had.

She turned the corner, and everything went into slow motion. She saw Samuels, firing and taking cover behind his open car door. There was a patrol officer doing the same, and another officer on the floor, bleeding. There were two of them. Each firing madly at the officers.

Sara fired off two shots at one of them, both going wide. She ducked behind the door, firing three more, right next to Samuels. They didn’t say anything, just smiled at each other. She fired another two shots, getting one of the offenders in the chest. The second made a dash across the street, firing at Sara’s door. She fired three more shots, missing. Samuels fired two, when Sara had a clean shot. She pressed the trigger and just a click. The offender fired one. Sara saw right down the barrel but felt nothing. Except the spray of blood on her left cheek. Everything went into slow mothion again, and she turned around. The bullet had gotten Samuels below the nose, above the lip.

Sara woke up in a cold sweat to a ringing phone. She took a few seconds to compose herself. Would she ever forget that damn day? She picked up the phone.

“Hey Sara. It’s Gil Grissom.â€

Edited by Mike

Mike I really like it! it's so cool!

I thought for a mo there at the end you were going to tell us it had all been a dream! :lol: but seriously, very cool!

good back ground to Sara, helps the reader identify with why she has relationship difficulties/doesn't let any one in, she's scared of loosing them like she lost Samuels and her parents **huggles Sara**

I hope you've got more to post, you've certainly wet my appetite!! :rolleyes:

surfy sah xx

Nope I couldn't tell at all.

It's a great background story for Sara.

And I like the way how it ends with an opening to Vegas :)

Good Story :)

913496[/snapback]

Worked subtlty to perfection it seems XD

I agree - it is ace how it ends opening to Vegas