Re: Travel to G-Mex - Best Way

neonitrix

Hi Guys,

Am flying to manchester airport on the saturday morning early - am I right in thinking that my best way to G-Mex is:

Manchester Airport by train to Picadilly - then Metrolink to G-Mex

has anyone a better way? or is Picadilly my best stop - or is their a train direct from manchester airport to G-Mex?

thanks guys

Looking forward to going

Neonitrix/Irish Ed

Hi Guys,

Am flying to manchester airport on the saturday morning early - am I right in thinking that my best way to G-Mex is:

has anyone a better way?  or is Picadilly my best stop - or is their a train direct from manchester airport to G-Mex?

thanks guys

Looking forward to going

Neonitrix/Irish Ed

910987[/snapback]

Yeah I reckon that's the best way. I've never done that journey (from the airport to piccadilly) myself but the only other way really would be by taxi which would obviously cost a bomb.

The trains go between Piccadilly and the airport every few minutes which is good, but no there's no direct train from manchester airport to G-Mex.

Hi Guys,

has anyone a better way?  or is Picadilly my best stop - or is their a train direct from manchester airport to G-Mex?

thanks guys

Looking forward to going

Neonitrix/Irish Ed

910987[/snapback]

yup definitely the best way. or u can just walk it from picadily station to gmex. take in the sites of manchester city centre :P takes 20-25 mins max. you'll need a map though :D

http://www.g-mex.co.uk/pdfs/gmexmanchester.pdf

Edited by feeny

• Showmasters Admin
How about driving directions from the M6?  I plan to drive up there from Worcester.

Dawn :gorgeous:

911349[/snapback]

The link for the G-Mex webpage should be on this link for the FAQs and will give directions to G-Mex

911413[/snapback]

Yep it is :rolleyes:

how early is early?? and are you travelling alone, or with a whole group of friends?

911254[/snapback]

due to arrive manchester around 7:45am - after that am not sure depending on delays etc. travelling alone - meeting a friend at G-Mex for the day - flying home that night.

Neonitrix

how early is early?? and are you travelling alone, or with a whole group of friends?

911254[/snapback]

due to arrive manchester around 7:45am - after that am not sure depending on delays etc. travelling alone - meeting a friend at G-Mex for the day - flying home that night.

Neonitrix

911536[/snapback]

Now thats dedication to the cause! ;)

• Showmasters Admin

911254[/snapback]

Neonitrix

911536[/snapback]

Now thats dedication to the cause! :o

911670[/snapback]

There's a guy going to Empire Dday who's driving from Belgium and then back again in the same day :D

You can get a tram from piccadilly to the Gmex, its a ridiculous price of about a pound one way (ticket machines on the platform) its about 8mins or so and possibly 3 or 4 stops (we walked from piccadilly about 4 yrs ago to the science museum it took us about 30+ mins along the extremely busy main road) on the way back we spotted the tram station across the road from the museum (its up high on a bridge thingy) when we got up there it was about 250 yards from the Gmex centre (the centre used to be a mainline railway station many years ago) they run pretty regularly but make sure you get the one going in the right direction?

Hope this has been of use?:lol:

911254[/snapback]

Neonitrix

911536[/snapback]

Now thats dedication to the cause! :D

911670[/snapback]

There's a guy going to Empire Dday who's driving from Belgium and then back again in the same day :lol:

911888[/snapback]

Thats shocking ... I didn't know you could do that. I assume he's getting the ferry to Hull cos if it's calais that will take even longer! :D

• Showmasters Admin

911254[/snapback]

Neonitrix

911536[/snapback]

Now thats dedication to the cause! :D

911670[/snapback]

There's a guy going to Empire Dday who's driving from Belgium and then back again in the same day :D

911888[/snapback]

Thats shocking ... I didn't know you could do that. I assume he's getting the ferry to Hull cos if it's calais that will take even longer! :o

911988[/snapback]

I guess he's using the chunnel. That's what I did when I drove to Belgium.

PS: I got very confused for a moment when qball started answering travel questions and having the same avator as you. Until they said they were from Liverpool I thought it might be you with a new id :lol:

Edited by Too Tall

911254[/snapback]

Neonitrix

911536[/snapback]

Now thats dedication to the cause! :o

911670[/snapback]

There's a guy going to Empire Dday who's driving from Belgium and then back again in the same day :blink:

911888[/snapback]

Thats shocking ... I didn't know you could do that. I assume he's getting the ferry to Hull cos if it's calais that will take even longer! :o

911988[/snapback]

I guess he's using the chunnel. That's what I did when I drove to Belgium.

PS: I got very confused for a moment when qball started answering travel questions and having the same avator as you. Until they said they were from Liverpool I thought it might be you with a new id :(

911992[/snapback]

sorry for the avatar confusion , i tried to upload my own pic but i was denied permission !

I will change it for the other spam one then no one gets confused.

sorry for the avatar confusion , i tried to upload  my own pic but i was denied permission !

I will change it for the other spam one then no one gets confused.

912567[/snapback]

:lol: *cough*

912571[/snapback]

:lol: good job i didnt want a beaver picture as my avatar, might have got myself banned!

Oh and by way of introduction: I'm Male 47 and live on the outskirts of liverpool, i'm hoping to attend Gmex on the saturday and will hopefully be bringing my son (11.3/4) along with me, plan to travel by train and may or may not manage to get the early bird, there is also someone (who may be crewing) who i'm looking forward to saying hello to (and putting a face to the name) allthough i think i have ID them in the ispy book?

anyway so long for now, and please do come up and say hi (any one) if you spot me.

The trains go between Piccadilly and the airport every few minutes which is good, but no there's no direct train from manchester airport to G-Mex.

According to the Northern Rail route map, there are trains that run directly between Manchester Airport and Manchester Oxford Road (which is only 0.2 miles away from G:Mex.)

They run quite regularly. You can check the times of trains at the National Rail website.

Jo

Edited by vampireslayer3

According to the Northern Rail route map, there are trains that run directly between Manchester Airport and Manchester Oxford Road (which is only 0.2 miles away from G:Mex.)

They run quite regularly. You can check the times of trains at the National Rail website.

Jo

914744[/snapback]

Thata true too but some terminate at Piccadilly as well and then some from the airport go to Sheffield. Now you don't want to b going to Sheffield!!!

I'm sure it won't be that difficult to tell which trains will be stopping at Oxford Road, because they generally have a list of all upcoming stops on the platform.

Even if they don't, it'll be easy for people to get from Oxford Road to the airport as the airport's the final stop on the route, so it's always an option.

According to the website it's £2.95 for an adult single.

Jo