Should all guests do talks?

Too Tall

Should all guests do talks?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should all guests do talks?

• Yes
    • No

I'll split this out into 2 sub topics.

1: Have a nominal price on the tickets (say £1).

For:

People are less likely to take tickets they don't need.

People will give back tickets for a refund they no longer want.

There will (if the above happens) be "some" extra tickets for those that want to go. In the talks I went to at both LFCC and G-Mex there was maybe 5-10 seats not taken by people that had taken tickets. So not that many.

Against:

SM will have to stop the on lookers at the back because if people have "paid" to see the talk it is unfair that people who have not paid get to see it.

Only people with tickets get to see the talk and therefore less people get to see it. At the talks I went to at G-Mex I saw at least 30-40 people standing at the back.

SM like the fact that they can advertise that the talks are free.

2: The number of seats.

Yes I agree there could have been more seats for the talks. And it would pretty much make topic 1 void. But as you've said yourself add too many and the smaller talks look bad.

931260[/snapback]

1. I suppose the nominal amount would guarantee a seat. At the end of the day is charging a pound enough to deter just randomly buying up seats. I guess I'm biased in terms of standing at the back as with being my height it would be hard to see even if there was one row of people stood in front of me. ;)

2. I think it was at LFACC that there was a seperate talk area for Doug Bradley (Pinhead) so maybe they could bring this back if there is a need for talks to run at the same time. I'm not sure if it was a case that he was brought to the show in association with a sponsor or not.

• 2 weeks later...
2. I think it was at LFACC that there was a seperate talk area for Doug Bradley (Pinhead) so maybe they could bring this back if there is a need for talks to run at the same time. I'm not sure if it was a case that he was brought to the show in association with a sponsor or not.

931393[/snapback]

From what I understand, there were supposed to be two areas for the talks, but they had a problem with the fire department about the placement of the one Doug Bradley used, so they couldn't use it the rest of the day.

Personally I don't understand, why they didn't use part of the big empty hall in the back.

• 4 weeks later...

It really doesn't bother me if they do a talk or not. As long as I get there autograph, have a few quick words with them (I tend to find whatever question I would've liked to asked them in a talk I can do here), and a possible photo and I'm more than happy. Don't take alot on the guests behalf to please me.

I hope the three Stargate guests will do a talk together-- Torri, Don and Rachel bouncing off of each other would be fun to watch. :)

953521[/snapback]

Same here, but do they normally do them alone or something? I was under the impression that all the same "category" of guests (defined by the shows they're representing) would do a talk together and stuff??

I hope the three Stargate guests will do a talk together-- Torri, Don and Rachel bouncing off of each other would be fun to watch. :)

953521[/snapback]

Same here, but do they normally do them alone or something? I was under the impression that all the same "category" of guests (defined by the shows they're representing) would do a talk together and stuff??

953537[/snapback]

Well, Torri did one alone in Brisbane, or so I hear, and then she did a group one with Michael Shanks and Rainbow at some other convention. Not sure which. I guess it varies.

953521[/snapback]

953537[/snapback]

Well, Torri did one alone in Brisbane, or so I hear, and then she did a group one with Michael Shanks and Rainbow at some other convention. Not sure which. I guess it varies.

953548[/snapback]

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose. I'd nearly prefer a group Talk, but meh... There's not much I can do to which ever way it goes.