British comedy legends

batfan

Most of these haven't done signing shows yet -

Sir Norman Wisdom (he's retired from his stage shows now, but hes still going to do tv/films and he appears at charity dinners and so on. I saw him on one of his last stage shows last year and he was brilliant. He has lots of fans who would want to see him at the show)

George Cole

Eric Sykes

Leslie Phillips

Warren Mitchell

Jim Dale

Lance Percival

Ronnie Corbett

Barbara Windsor

Barry Cryer

Roy Hudd

Bill Maynard

Richard O'Sullivan

Robin Askwith

Brian Murphy

Paul Shane

Ray Galton and Alan Simpson (legendary writers of Hancock, and Steptoe & Son)

Porridge cast - Ronnie Barker, Brian Wilde, Christopher Biggins, Patricia Brake, Ken Jones, Sam Kelly, Tony Osoba, Peter Vaughan

Likely Lads - Rodney Bewes, James Bolam, Brigit Forsyth

Dads Army - Clive Dunn, Ian Lavender, Bill Pertwee, Frank Williams, Liz Fraser. And David Croft & Jimmy Perry (legendary writers of Dads Army and lots of other shows)

Rising Damp - Frances de la Tour , Don Warrington, Eric Chappell (writer)

On the Buses - Reg Varney, Stephen Lewis, Anna Karen

Only Fools and Horses actors - some have appeared at signing shows but not yet at Autographica

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet actors

I support all of the above wholeheartedly ! I will be seeing Ronnie Corbett tomorrow night at the Dublin Comedy festival .... SOOOOOO looking forward to it ! Ronnie Barker would be too cool for words ! Auf Pet, Dad's Army, basically ANYONE from the opening post !

Most of these haven't done signing shows yet -

Sir Norman Wisdom (he's retired from his stage shows now, but hes still going to do tv/films and he appears at charity dinners and so on. I saw him on one of his last stage shows last year and he was brilliant. He has lots of fans who would want to see him at the show)

George Cole

Eric Sykes

Leslie Phillips

Warren Mitchell

Jim Dale

Lance Percival

Ronnie Corbett

Barbara Windsor

Barry Cryer

Roy Hudd

Bill Maynard

Richard O'Sullivan

Robin Askwith

Brian Murphy

Paul Shane

Ray Galton and Alan Simpson (legendary writers of Hancock, and Steptoe & Son)

Porridge cast - Ronnie Barker, Brian Wilde, Christopher Biggins, Patricia Brake, Ken Jones, Sam Kelly, Tony Osoba, Peter Vaughan

Likely Lads - Rodney Bewes, James Bolam, Brigit Forsyth

Dads Army - Clive Dunn, Ian Lavender, Bill Pertwee, Frank Williams, Liz Fraser. And David Croft & Jimmy Perry (legendary writers of Dads Army and lots of other shows)

Rising Damp - Frances de la Tour , Don Warrington, Eric Chappell (writer)

On the Buses - Reg Varney, Stephen Lewis, Anna Karen

Only Fools and Horses actors - some have appeared at signing shows but not yet at Autographica

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet actors

864223[/snapback]

The Only Fools actors appear yearly at Only Fools and Horses Conventions. Theres one next month in Southend. Ive been to one before and there a nightmare as the autographs are free and the queueing is not supervised or orderly. We waied in line for 5 hours for our autos. They usually have Paul Barber, Roy Heather, John Challis, Sue Holderness, Ben Smith and sometimes Patrick Murray. Dont expect David Jason or Nick Lyndhurst to do cons. I know that Challis and Holderness did CM before.

Barbara Windsor I expect would be too busy these days being back on Eastenders and all.

Richard O'Sullivan suffered a stroke not long back and last I heard was living in a nursing home.

Apparently James Bolam and Rodney Bewes hate each other so youd probably not get them both together. Apparently Bewes isnt all that well off these days so hed proabably jump at the opportunity to appear.

Theyd all be great guests though Im sure.

Edited by jonathan

I support all of the above wholeheartedly ! I will be seeing Ronnie Corbett tomorrow night at the Dublin Comedy festival .... SOOOOOO looking forward to it !

Very cool. He's great. We really need some guests like this.

Some more from brit comedy:

Bruce Forsyth

Ian Carmichael (great comedy legend - brilliant in lots of comedy film classics inc School for Scoundrels and I'm Alright Jack with Peter Sellers and Terry-Thomas)

Windsor Davies

Melvyn Hayes

John Inman

Mollie Sugden

Frank Thornton

Richard Briers

Felicity Kendal

Penelope Keith

Andrew Sachs

Prunella Scales

Connie Booth

Millicent Martin

June Whitfield

Jimmy Tarbuck

Ken Dodd

Paula Wilcox

Maureen Lipman

Michele Dotrice

John Alderton

Derek Fowlds

Tim Brooke-Taylor

Graeme Garden

Bill Oddie

Nicholas Parsons

Mike Yarwood

Una Stubbs

Wendy Craig

Geoffrey Palmer

Danny La Rue

Stanley Baxter

Bernie Clifton

Tony Robinson

Gordon Kaye

Jean Boht

Kathy Staff

Jean Alexander

Dora Bryan

Lynda Baron

Jack Smethurst

Rudolph Walker

Polly James, Nerys Hughes, Elizabeth Estensen (Liver Birds)

Carla Lane

Henry McGee (Benny Hill show)

Angela Thorne (To the Manor Born)

Hilda Braid (Citizen Smith, and now also known for Nana Moon in Eastenders)

Denis Norden (he wrote lots of comedies with Frank Muir before he did It'll Be Alright on the Night and Laughter File)

Diana Coupland (Bless This House and also dubbed the singing voice of Ursula Andress in Dr. No)

Barbara Windsor I expect would be too busy these days being back on Eastenders and all.

Possibly. Although maybe the filming is Mon to Fri so she might be available. But you're right, they do have to do a lot of filming for EE. Lets hope they can get her.

Richard O'Sullivan suffered a stroke not long back and last I heard was living in a nursing home.

I didn't know that, thanks for posting the info. Thats sad to hear. I certainly wish him all the best. Great star of British comedy.

The only fools stars would be good at autographica so we could see them in a relaxed enviroment. David Jason or Nick Lyndhurst probably would be hard to get unfortunately, but you're right most of the rest may do it.

Lots of good ideas for guests. We've lost lots of comedy greats, but all the ideas here show theres still lots still with us. I'm sure they'd get a good reaction from collectors if some were added to the show.

Bernard Cribbins would be great. And cool for animation collectors too because of his Wombles work.

Some more:

Neil Innes

Sally Thomsett

Peter Bowles

Lionel Jeffries

Sir Donald Sinden

Amanda Barrie

Sheila Hancock

Pam Ayers

Anna Quayle

Julia McKenzie

Anton Rodgers

Frank Carson

Jim Bowen

Tom O'Connor

Roy Walker

Russ Abbot

Lennie Bennett

Stan Boardman

Mike Reid

Dennis Waterman, Glynn Edwards (Minder)

Pauline Yates, Sue Nicholls (Reginald Perrin)

Tessa Wyatt, Tony Britton, David Kelly (Robin's Nest. And David Kelly plays Grandpa Joe in Charlie and the Choc Factory)

George Logan (the surviving half of Hinge and Bracket)

Peter Gilmore (11 Carry On films)

Peter Rogers - legendary producer of the Carry On films. Now aged 91. Still involved in Carry On and still works at Pinewood Studios.

Jack Douglas, Angela Douglas, Sally Geeson, Carol Hawkins all do signing shows

And so does Carol Cleveland whos been at Autographica before.

Python - hard to get any of them. But Terry Jones might be a possibility. He does UK talks and book signings. And Michael Palin has done a lot of book signings in the last year too.

I support all of the above wholeheartedly ! I will be seeing Ronnie Corbett tomorrow night at the Dublin Comedy festival .... SOOOOOO looking forward to it !

Very cool. He's great. We really need some guests like this.

864601[/snapback]

Met Ronnie after the show - what a legend ! Signed his book for me :rolleyes:

Met Ronnie after the show - what a legend ! Signed his book for me

Brilliant - glad you enjoyed it. And definitely one of the real good guys.

I met david kelly a couple of months back, he's a really nice guy.

Cool. I've not met him but would like to.

Sums it up though doesnt it - not only are they great comedy stars, but most comedy stars are very friendly with fans too. In my experience anyway. Just the kind of guest we like the best - we're thrilled to meet them - and they're friendly back to us.

very true, i met rik mayall (bottom, young ones etc) a couple of weeks back and he was just such a nice guy. Took time with all his fans, and gave everyone a good laugh.

I was lucky enough to meet Rik too a few years ago - he was great then too. Couldn't have been more nice.

I met Lee Evans after seeing The Producers last Nov too - I can't recommend him highly enough for fans to meet. He was superb. Had time for everyone, signing, having pics taken. Stayed for ages and was funny too. He'd been a true star on stage all night, but then was so down to earth with us. Then rode off on his bicycle after he'd made sure everyone got an autograph.

I think with comedy stars lots have had to come up through stage work - acting or stand up - and so maybe thats why lots of them are more in touch with their audience, and more friendly and down to earth.

Really would be cool to meet a few more so fingers crossed that Autographica get some.

I'd certainly second Ian Carmichael attending

Fantastic guest to try and get for Autographica. I love his films. Hes just right for the show - legend, memorable films that are often still on tv. And a 1st time signer.

Hes been in heatbeat and the royal in last few years. Aged 85 currently.

We need him at Autographica!