So does this mean no more star wars guests?

bufster

with the empire day con, does this now mean that all the sw guests will go there and not to collectormania in future?. although i guess that will happen alot now with all the different events that showmasters run, so they will have to split the popular guests between all the events where as in the past they only had to cater for 2 events so we had a much better line up of bigger guests at collectormania.

• Moderators

I guess it depends when guests are available - the good thing about having more events is that there are then more dates for the guests to come to, so it's a bit more flexible.

Obviously they'll want to get some good SW guests for Empire Day, but I can imagine them wanting certain ones to come to Collectormania or LFACC if they have good cross-over appeal with other movies/tv shows! (Like Wayne Pygram being a big Farscape one, but also having a SW role.)

So I can imagine there are a lot of factors that they'll take into account before deciding which event the guests go to - I'm sure they try to spread them out rather than have them all at one event.

• Showmasters Admin

I'd say it is likely that SM will try and get SW guests to Empire day (it being a SW event) but as DavidB said it's a lot about availability too.

If they ask a SW guest to Empire day and they can't make it. SM now have 4 other dates in the year they can invite them along too.

But will Empire Day become an annual event? I am a massive Star Wars fan but the only thing is about things like Empire Day and other Star Wars cons is that if you have them every year you end up with the same guests attending and people lose interest. Unless of course its moved to different venues around the country.

But I guess that certain Star Wars related guests are only relevant to die hard Star Wars fans (which I consider myself). Having someone like Michael Culver or Richard LaParmentier will do great business at a Star Wars con but maybe not so at CM or LFACC. Whereas Dave Prowse, Carrie Fisher etc would do good business at both.

So I can understand if they restrict certain Star Wars guests just to Empire Day. Its just a bummer for those who cant get to it.

But will Empire Day become an annual event?

Yes, apparently, it will take place every November.

I see what you are saying Jonathan. I worry about events having the same guests again. I went to a Star Wars con a few weeks back and about half of the guests that were there, are at another event in December aswell.

As Showmasters have said, they intend to get some first time Public Signers from Star Wars which gives me alot of confidence that this event is not going to be a usual Star Wars event. Mark Hamill?

Where as Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker ect. are regular Star Wars guests on the convention circuit they pull crowds and make organisers alot of money. For die hard Star Wars fans (like me and yourself) we would have already met them and are after more difficult signers like Jimmy Smitts or Michael Culver.

Yeah you can see how it may be a problem. I am also going to the other con in December. There are a handful of guests there that I want to get but I fear the same as you that if I went to it again another year it would be the same guests.

Depending on how far the travel is I will always go to a Star Wars event for someone I havent got.

I understand why the usual suspects are always there cos they will pull the crowds no matter what like you say.

I think a good idea though would be if Empire Day is held in different places around the country every year. (always close to me if possible :D )