Chinese calendar?

theoden_of_rohan

I was born in 1987 which should make me a rabbit but on that year chinese new year was on 26th of january so that makes me a tiger cos my birthday is jan 6th.

If your born in jan or sometimes even feb then depending on when the new year fell that year you could hav a different sybol to the one mentioned above!

theres some geeky info for ya there!

Kirsty xx

Edited by tooty_fruity

Does being a January child put me into the year before what I was born in for this....? :D

854544[/snapback]

Depends when you were born in jan and when the chinese new year took place that year.

If you were born b4 the new year took place yes, if not, no!

Kirsty xx

MONKEY!

im a monkey!

born in 1992=)

thatnk god im not a rat or i would have the same chinese animal as Englebert Humperdinck lol! i h8 that guy...

854817[/snapback]

he has a funny name tho :lol:

i dont wanna be a sheep :'( ok, sheep are cute and the ones on that farm were downright sexy but still. Most of my friend are Monkeys. why couldnt i have been born like a month later?!?! then i could of been a Monkey! *i love monkey's!!*

Nell, you'd either be a dog or a boar!! But seeing as though it's pretty early, the chances are you're a dog

You're in good company  :P

854816[/snapback]

I thought I might be! I worked it out before but I weren't sure if I was remembering right!!!

lol I'm a dog. go figure! :D

Ox: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997

Oxen are born leaders, inspiring confidence in everyone they come into contact with. However, they can be too demanding. Methodical and good with their hands, they make fine surgeons and hairdressers

Famous people born in the Year Of The Ox:

Jack Lemmon, Tony Benn, Charlie Drake, Shirley Bassey, Jack Nicholson

im a sexy ox yay...... moooooo :P:P

The Chinese Lunar Calendar names each of the twelve years after an animal.

Legend has it that the Lord Buddha summoned all the animals to come to him before he departed from earth. Only twelve came to bid him farewell and as a reward he named a year after each one in the order they arrived.

Ox: 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997

Oxen are born leaders, inspiring confidence in everyone they come into contact with. However, they can be too demanding. Methodical and good with their hands, they make fine surgeons and hairdressers

Famous people born in the Year Of The Ox:

Jack Lemmon, Tony Benn, Charlie Drake, Shirley Bassey, Jack Nicholson

854303[/snapback]

Dragon.

I would make a good priest?  :P That's scary.

854333[/snapback]

i thought the story was that those twelve animals had a race and thats why there in that particular order..

im an ox...:lol: 1985 :P..althought not sure with the celeb choices...

i wish i was a dragon....*year of the dragon ...* but anyways....

oh and as for hairdresser..been there done that...and only achived half the qualification...

Edited by maegurwen