Waht are the rules concerning......

dodgytrotter

• Moderators

I've taken free autographs when I've worked with guests because they've offered.

I think it's a nice memento to have of what you did at the event. And that's really all I get them for, cuz most of the guests I've worked with I actually wasn't a fan of and had no intention of getting an autograph from prior to the event. I don't think that people should think bad of the crew if they are lucky enough to have a situation like that occur.

I don't expect it though. There have been some guests that haven't offered and I've gone back the next day and bought one. So it'd be pointless for anyone to crew to get free autos.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken free autographs when I've worked with guests because they've offered.

I think it's a nice memento to have of what you did at the event. And that's really all I get them for, cuz most of the guests I've worked with I actually wasn't a fan of and had no intention of getting an autograph from prior to the event. I don't think that people should think bad of the crew if they are lucky enough to have a situation like that occur.

I don't expect it though. There have been some guests that haven't offered and I've gone back the next day and bought one. So it'd be pointless for anyone to crew to get free autos.

849338[/snapback]

I agree...you can't expect to get freebies just because you volunteer!

If it's offered then that's a different issue...I wouldn't want to offend the guest by refusing it!

;)

FELL BEAST

Thankyou fell beast , I am glad someone understands me regarding children with Autism and disabilities , may I add that the only time I have asked for my sons autograph book to be signed are at Book signings in book shops , and yes I have actually brought the book , these signings have nothing to do SM or any other CM fair.

I was taking to a celeb at a recent show in the midlands and it just so happens that she had an autistic child herself and they did rodeos in the US to raise money for them and also let the kids go out to ranche sand go the horses .

I would just like to add that most celebs are involved in charities of some sort , either fund raising, or even as a patron. I found the celeb and I had so much in common and I suppose it made a good change of conversation , instead of talking about her films etc. I think maybe some of the celebs at CM wouldn't mind chatting about somethings like that.

I am glad that I have found someone who understands and you must know from experience how hard it can be at time sand how much patience you must have and if you checked out my queues thread perhaps at least you would understand how I felt.

If providing my son with a little happiness by asking a celeb to sign his autograph book at events that have nothing to do with CM, then if proviging some form of happiness to child who happens to be your son this way , a child that misses out on so much , if this is a crime then I stand guilty.

me and my m8 went to see chris sabbat a while back when he came he was only chargin a fiver so we both got 1!

then we jus talked to him for a while ( bein like a few hours) cuase he was a pretty cool dude!

i managed to get a free signature and a free card fing which they sign:)

and my m8 only got a free signature!

haha in my m8s face!

Mooby81 Hello and I am glad you have offered an opinion and also happy that you are a member of a work force and I am sorry to hear the way you feel about my threads especially after a 13 hour shift , at least you can put your feet up , actually I am still awake , due to my getting settled for sleep , it is a 24 hour job to care for him without much time to put your feet up as to say.

Although you say in your opinion I seem yo be argumentive , when I give an opinion I always say it as I see it and I am not always saying I am right or wrong , I don't have time to be argumentive , but if that hows it comes across , then you do have the wrong opinion of me , there are other threads that I have replied to that are just a couple of lines so I don't they are argumentive . But it is your opinion.

I do not ask for special treatment , but if you are refering to the disability side , I just try to open peoples minds more , the first thing most people think of when they hear the word disabled is someone in a wheelchair , or maybe deaf or blind, and being honest before my son was born i would of thought the same but there are loads of disabilities out there that I don't even know fully about and I am sure that goes for a lot of people.

Yes in an ideal world i would like to take my son to these shows , but he cannot handle big crowds and gets really stressful , he has no speech as I say and is 17 years of age , so to prevent him having this I have to leave him at home and can only be out for a limited time .

I don't ask for special treatment or pity more like a bit of understanding , like most children with autism they are ina routine which once is upset like the 6 weeks holidays we have now , it throws them off and this causes stress all round.

I don't go round being argumentive , believe me I have learned to be patience , some days are better that others, and perhaps when I am stressed it might show in my posts.

When i give an opinion , that is all it is and is not a personal attack on anyone so I apologise if people have taken it that way, it was not meant to be like that !

The last thing I wanted that day was my daughter missing out on that signature , as that upset her which I then had to sort out on the way home to care for my son.

Some shows I have not been able to attend to but that is life.

Incidentally the book signings are that you buy the stars book and get the signature for free, you cannot get any signature without buying the book.

847528[/snapback]

Paul, I suspect everyone here hopes that you and your family have a great day at C8, and of course that whatever issues you've had in the past are resolved.

As far as special treatment goes, I would expect anyone with disabilities and / or associated carers to get special treatment of some degree - even if that is in the form of heightened understanding from the crew (and I'm sure this will happen). I have no direct knowledge of Autism and / or other disabilities, however I do have some knowledge of the dynamics involved, and I understand how difficult it can be, as I'm sure does everyone here.

In terms of 'blagging free autos' (be clear I am not attacking you here), in my opinion it is bad form. If someone offers you one, great. If not, so be it. As far as your daughter holding a book or whatever is concerned, well there's nothing wrong with that. However, if she were holding it out, that might be something different. I think in general it's about respecting the crew's guidance and the guests wishes (be clear that I'm not saying you don't do this!).

Mike Donovan

Thanks Mike , regards the book my daughter carries around just holding it in her hand , it makes her feel more part of the event , she sees people carry pohotos or folders and she just likes to carry it and feel involved , if you know what I mean.

Hopefully after these posts the crew might understand more about problems some carers have about time etc, I know there might be people trying it on and they have to watch out for that, believe me if I could stay and wait longer I sure would and spend even more money , but when times limited it can be a pain LOL