The Descent

theoden_of_rohan

Seen the preview. Looks pretty intresting. But i've yet to meet someone whos seen it either :lol: Hmmm...i want them to tell me if it's worth watching lol.

My friend saw it and said it was crud! B)

Saw this today, didn't really think much of it. It has one or two jumps, but leaves me cold. I also hated the ending, which left you wondering why you would care about the central protagonist. on't want to post spoilers so won't go into detail. But really, its ok for a trip to the cinema or a dvd rental, but I'm not going to be getting it on dvd.

And I thought the monsters looked rather too similar to gollum for my liking, and you first see it crouching over a pool of water in a cave so its not even subtle.

Edited by onewingedangel

Saw The Descent on Saturday and i thought it was pretty good, it makes a change to watch a film with no big named actors in!! as a fan of Dog Soldiers i had a feeling i would like this and i did!! and the monsters DO look like they are perhaps cousins of Gollum :D

a simple but effective film in my opinion :D

Saw it last night, thought the claustrophobic bit and the bone crunching (Ick) was great but then they ruined it with the Gollums, which weren't believable enough for me. :blink: It was good fun, but not a patch on Dog Soldiers.

Mind, you, it was worth it for the woman who screamed so loudly everyone else in the cinema was laughing for the next five minutes!! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

worse film of the year.... the film dragged out the beginning so much action didn't start soon enough and the end was terrible...the monster things reminded me of gollum from lotr/a demon from buffy in s7

lol ditto about the cave, I read about this film last month just a short synopsis and i was like "isn't that the descent"???