Dracos hair...not slicked back?!

jaymalfoy

Isn't this guy an adult director? Meaning that he hasn't done kids films like chris colombus has...

He did 'A Little Princess' in the 90's which is an ace film.

I give Alfonso my complete trust. Give him a chance, fair enough if after you've seen the film you dont like it but jeeze!

yeah i think we should trust him a bit even though it soudns kinda bad maybe itll be ok in the end, u neva know they may cut out those bits once they put it together, remember they r still filming

Will why change sooooooo much to put my stamp on it??

Using the music Something Wicked this way comes?? He didnt even use his own music. Had to take it from another person.

Kyle Longbottom

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pike = who is pike?  Hes not replacing crabbe and goyre is he.  You can't add bleeding new characters, when you are cutting so many great ones from the books out - oliver wood, peeves (etc)...........bloody hell i'm beg to dread this new film,........... ;)

Yeah I feel the pain with no Wood, New Fat Lady, New Innkeeper and new everything

Kyle longbottom

why r they gettin rid of wood? are they not havin quidditch or summit? coz if they r not then they cant get rid of him nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawn french (the fat lady) is really cool, i think she'll do good as the fat lady!!!

wot do u mean no peeves they gotta have peeves! and any way i thought rik mayall (drop dead fred) was gonna be him!!!!!!!

:D:D:blink::angry::angry:

OK... It's been interesting reading this thread and I just wanted to add a few thoughts.

As far as I can remember in the books Draco's hair wasn't gelled back and in a large section of the HP fandom the fact that Draco's hair was gelled back in the film caused similar distress as has been shown here.

As for the muggle clothing - it's mentioned several times throughout the book that the Wizarding children often wear muggle clothing like in GoF it says about The Weasleys "their children might don Muggle clothing during the holidays, but Mr and Mrs Weasley usually wore long robes" I got the impression it was a young persons craze to wear muggle clothing, which is why the adults were having some problems - but even then many of the adults would have to have at least one set of muggle clothing - all the parents of students must have some to take them to Kings Cross Station - otherwise muggles would have noticed something. Ok, that's only referring to the holidays - but if Harry's shopping has shown us anything - a lot of the students only have 3 sets of robes, plus in certain years a set of dress robes. Wearing only three outfits day in day out is going to cause a lot of wear (my two uniforms only lasted nine months, with me wearing them only a few hours a day five days a week), so even giving that magical cloth probably surpasses ours, I think it would make sense for them to wear other outfits outside classes. Plus, I always hated having to wear my school uniform and was glad to get out of it whenever I could, and I think at least some of the students must be the same - and then with the growing number of muggle-borns, the popular fashions for each would probably mingle a bit (and don't forget Weasley Jumpers - not what we'd call wizard clothing exactly). even in OotP Harry's 'best' clothes for the hearing are jeans and t-shirt. I think it's completely likely that they would wear muggle clothing - and if you think about it, in the first two films we saw them in muggle clothing anyway. If I'm remembering right - when they have their detention in the forest, Hermione at least is wearing muggle clothes, all Alfonso has done is modernised it from the fifties style, which is more in fitting with the books which are set in the nineties.

As for new characters - for all we know JKR could just have given him some of the unamed students names and he's just given the extras those names. I'm sure there are still lots of students we haven't met, especially in Slytherin house which Harry continues having little interest in. So far off the top of my head in Harry and Draco's year I can think of male: Draco,Crabbe and Goyle, female: Millicent, Pansy, unknown: Blaise - which isn't very many, so I suspect there are probably some we haven't been introduced to. After all in OotP we met several people from Harry's year we hadn't heard of before. Anyway, I'm totally confused by the numbers in the shcool - recently JKR said there were 1000 students at Hogwarts - but if you look at Gryffindors, in Harrys year their are only 8 students, times that by 7 years - that's only 56, which when multiplied by four houses doesn't even reach a quarter of that amount. Even with huge variation between the numbers in different years and houses it seems hard to believe it could reach 1000. Anyone have any theories about this.

As for Sirius, it's weird I always completely pictured him with tattoos - the motorbike, the rebellious nature, the fact that he was obviously one of the 'cool kids' at Hogwarts - plus the fact that I think he would have done anything to annoy his parents. But I thinks that's just a difference of vision. Anway I liked the fact that Alfonso gave him tattoos with special meanings to him - and the fact that Remus seems to have a similarly themed tattoo - it seemed to be some sort of pact thing between the marauders to me - like the LOTR elvish tattoos.

Sorry for rambling so much

Lorannah

OK... It's been interesting reading this thread and I just wanted to add a few thoughts.

As far as I can remember in the books Draco's hair wasn't gelled back and in a large section of the HP fandom the fact that Draco's hair was gelled back in the film caused similar distress as has been shown here.

As for the muggle clothing - it's mentioned several times throughout the book that the Wizarding children often wear muggle clothing like in GoF it says about The Weasleys "their children might don Muggle clothing during the holidays, but Mr and Mrs Weasley usually wore long robes" I got the impression it was a young persons craze to wear muggle clothing, which is why the adults were having some problems - but even then many of the adults would have to have at least one set of muggle clothing - all the parents of students must have some to take them to Kings Cross Station - otherwise muggles would have noticed something. Ok, that's only referring to the holidays - but if Harry's shopping has shown us anything - a lot of the students only have 3 sets of robes, plus in certain years a set of dress robes. Wearing only three outfits day in day out is going to cause a lot of wear (my two uniforms only lasted nine months, with me wearing them only a few hours a day five days a week), so even giving that magical cloth probably surpasses ours, I think it would make sense for them to wear other outfits outside classes. Plus, I always hated having to wear my school uniform and was glad to get out of it whenever I could, and I think at least some of the students must be the same - and then with the growing number of muggle-borns, the popular fashions for each would probably mingle a bit (and don't forget Weasley Jumpers - not what we'd call wizard clothing exactly). even in OotP Harry's 'best' clothes for the hearing are jeans and t-shirt. I think it's completely likely that they would wear muggle clothing - and if you think about it, in the first two films we saw them in muggle clothing anyway. If I'm remembering right - when they have their detention in the forest, Hermione at least is wearing muggle clothes, all Alfonso has done is modernised it from the fifties style, which is more in fitting with the books which are set in the nineties.

As for new characters - for all we know JKR could just have given him some of the unamed students names and he's just given the extras those names. I'm sure there are still lots of students we haven't met, especially in Slytherin house which Harry continues having little interest in. So far off the top of my head in Harry and Draco's year I can think of male: Draco,Crabbe and Goyle, female: Millicent, Pansy, unknown: Blaise - which isn't very many, so I suspect there are probably some we haven't been introduced to. After all in OotP we met several people from Harry's year we hadn't heard of before. Anyway, I'm totally confused by the numbers in the shcool - recently JKR said there were 1000 students at Hogwarts - but if you look at Gryffindors, in Harrys year their are only 8 students, times that by 7 years - that's only 56, which when multiplied by four houses doesn't even reach a quarter of that amount. Even with huge variation between the numbers in different years and houses it seems hard to believe it could reach 1000. Anyone have any theories about this.

As for Sirius, it's weird I always completely pictured him with tattoos - the motorbike, the rebellious nature, the fact that he was obviously one of the 'cool kids' at Hogwarts - plus the fact that I think he would have done anything to annoy his parents. But I thinks that's just a difference of vision. Anway I liked the fact that Alfonso gave him tattoos with special meanings to him - and the fact that Remus seems to have a similarly themed tattoo - it seemed to be some sort of pact thing between the marauders to me - like the LOTR elvish tattoos.

Sorry for rambling so much

Lorannah

No thats okay. The only problem is why change someone that is a potriat?? How can you change the Fat lady when on the first one she is so different??

Well I hope the uniforms are explained

Kyle longbottom

• 3 weeks later...

ok i saw the trailer for poa, and it looks good, yeah. but i saw dracos hair in action and it looks so bad :D the sexy slick should be brought back! ;) i thought i might think differently if i actually saw it......but it didnt :D poor draco and his fitness

ok i saw the trailer for poa, and it looks good, yeah. but i saw dracos hair in action and it looks so bad :lol: the sexy slick should be brought back! :D i thought i might think differently if i actually saw it......but it didnt :D poor draco and his fitness

I noticed his hair in the trailer too. It certainly is different. I prefer it slicked back but it's not like I can change how Draco's hair is...