WWE DRAFT *Spoliers*

Cathyvicki

OK looking at the way things have gone with Cena going to Raw there are a few possibilities but after thinking about it here's what I reckon:

Cena goes to Raw, so now Smackdown is without a World's Champion.

Christian vs Cena has been rumoured for some time, so they'll set that up for the next month.

Triple H vs Batista is still on for Vengeance on June 26th in Hell In A Cell

June 30th Smackdown has two draft picks according to WWE.com (Raw will have two on 27th). Batista is drafted to Smackdown in the final pick. With Cena on Raw, there is no need for Bischoff to trade him for anyone he wants from Smackdown and the same works vice-verse for Teddy Long on Smackdown so any trades that are made will be used to even out the rosters which is what should have been done last year.

I doubt we'll see stupid trades like last year (i.e. Teddy Long to Smackdown, Nidia to Raw) only people who will truly help make each show better will switch. I'd expect Benoit to end up back on Smackdown otherwise Jericho may go over instead. Kurt Angle could go to Raw so that HBK vs Angle 2 can take place and also to help bridge the gap between Triple H and Edge as the heels of Raw.

Jericho would turn heel on Smackdown, joining JBL and Eddie Guerrero as the top heels on the programme. Batista would be the Champion and main event face. Rob Van Dam and Booker T would be promoted to permanent main event status (one can only hope) and then you have a pretty good main event set-up. Mid-card wise, who knows but I'll doubt we'll see too many divas, managers or announcers swap over shows.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna miss the next RAW draft next week unless i can access a internet cafe..ya see fellow WWE fans..

this mad fan is off to Orlando on Friday, and me not gonna be back in the UK till 25th June :D

Can you not try to catch Raw over there in a bar or something?

• Moderators

Definitely think he will go there SOMETIME, not sure when tho .. I do think him and Kurt will end up on the same show, and I don't think SDown can afford to lose Kurt now ..

i reckon batista or hhh will go, as at the end of the contract signing hhh says no matter what happens its over between them so obviously something will happen, aalso think that christian will be staying at raw now cena has moved, we had the discussion at work on monday as to who would be the first draft and we all agreed it would be angle, not one of us suspected it to be cena, and we are all usually pretty good at guessing! hopefully now cena is away from jbl it'll do him some good

• Moderators

He moved cuz basically he was getting screwed on SDown ... but then DUH! U end up on the same show as HHH, u ain't got a chance in hell :rolleyes: so let's hope he can do something good on SDown .. to be fair I don't see him on top again, he's got the title that he deserved, and now he's just gonna put on good quality matches and be reliable.

Still hoping Cena don't go back to Smackdown, I'm more inclined to like him if he doesn't get repetitive and at least he has a whole new roster now ..

Pointless trivia, in the very first draft (back when Ric Flair ran Raw and Vince ran Smackdown), Chris Benoit was drafted to Smackdown. At the time Benoit was still out from his neck injury. He returned on Raw when it was broadcast in his hometown and ended up staying on Raw to briefly feud with Steve Austin. Then both Benoit and Eddie Guerrero moved over to Smackdown with Benoit taking the IC Title with him until RVD won it in an inter-brand match. Then as DavidB mentioned Benoit took advantage of the loophole that winning the Royal Rumble brings to jump to Raw and win the belt.

Pointless trivia, in the very first draft (back when Ric Flair ran Raw and Vince ran Smackdown), Chris Benoit was drafted to Smackdown. At the time Benoit was still out from his neck injury. He returned on Raw when it was broadcast in his hometown and ended up staying on Raw to briefly feud with Steve Austin. Then both Benoit and Eddie Guerrero moved over to Smackdown with Benoit taking the IC Title with him until RVD won it in an inter-brand match. Then as DavidB mentioned Benoit took advantage of the loophole that winning the Royal Rumble brings to jump to Raw and win the belt.

I need lessons on wrestling history from you! I know notheeeng!!! :rolleyes:

I reckon they will send Batista to Smackdown as well. maybe they will send Trips over to SD as well?

Trips to SDown? When he's married to Steph McMahon? I doubt it.

I think maybe this time one of the commentators may move... because they keep flirting with the idea, like King to Sdown... Kurt should go back to Raw it's where he belongs!

xxx

I reckon they will send Batista to Smackdown as well. maybe they will send Trips over to SD as well?

I think maybe this time one of the commentators may move... because they keep flirting with the idea, like King to Sdown... Kurt should go back to Raw it's where he belongs!

xxx

Hold up, Steph is on the Smackdown booking team, so it would make perfect sense for him to go to Smackdown to be with his wife.... on paper of course.

In reality, Glory Boy and Stephanie have control of both brands this way, and there is no way Glory Boy will go to Smackdown as for years now it has been the inferior brand, and glory boy only aligns himself with successful parts of the company...

Ok I had to give an example on that one (for Cathyvicki's learning of course!!!)... anyone remember the whole "who ran over Stone Cold" story? A massively successful storyline saw Rikishi unveiled as the man who hit Stone Cold as Survivor Series 1999. Everything was going great until the HHH effect took place, and yep, he was suddenly exposed as the man who "helped Rikishi do it". Another Successful Story suddenly came back to down to Glory Boy's evil doings. The rotter!

Also, just another trivia fact for you. Glory Boy HAS lost a Hell in a Cell match, contrary to what he said on Raw. He (and 4 others) lost to Kurt Angle in a 6 pack match in December 2000.

• Moderators

WWE are good with messing up facts .. having John Cena tell Bischoff he lost 83 weeks in a row to Raw was silly :D

Technically Angle pinned the Rock so HHH could claim he never lost that ;)

I know I'm being picky but that's the kinda thing he'd say :P

WWE are good with messing up facts .. having John Cena tell Bischoff he lost 83 weeks in a row to Raw was silly  :D

Technically Angle pinned the Rock so HHH could claim he never lost that ;)

I know I'm being picky but that's the kinda thing he'd say  :P

Yeah but he didnt win either :firedevil:

Edited by Rockybalboa

Yeah but champions lose titles in triple threat matches without being pinned or submitting, and Kurt Angle didnt just defeat the Rock that night, he (as he has said many, many times since) defeated five other men.

I am not argueing with you Dave, I am argueing with Glory Boy!

xxx

Ok I had to give an example on that one (for Cathyvicki's learning of course!!!)... anyone remember the whole "who ran over Stone Cold" story? A massively successful storyline saw Rikishi unveiled as the man who hit Stone Cold as Survivor Series 1999. Everything was going great until the HHH effect took place, and yep, he was suddenly exposed as the man who "helped Rikishi do it". Another Successful Story suddenly came back to down to Glory Boy's evil doings. The rotter!

Now you know I like insulting Trips as much as the next person, but I think the reason for that was because Rikishi being the guy behind the hit-and-run angle bombed big time so they needed to try and salvage something from it. Poor old Rikishi though, I don't think he'll ever be known for anything more than that stupid sumo ring attire and his Too Cool association.

Edited by rickyparty

xxx

Now you know I like insulting Trips as much as the next person, but I think the reason for that was because Rikishi being the guy behind the hit-and-run angle bombed big time so they needed to try and salvage something from it. Poor old Rikishi though, I don't think he'll ever be known for anything more than that stupid sumo ring attire and his Too Cool association.

Oh I agree with you, and up until the point that Rikishi was announced as the driver, the angle was awesome.

However my point was at the time HHH lobbied and lobbied to be announced as the accomplice, purely because the angle had built up so much hype. His name was mentioned with a main event story (again).

• Moderators

But Rikishi was a BAD MAN :angel: lol

He was alrite as part of the Headshrinkers, I didn't mind that tag team .. weird to think how he went from that to scarily doubling in size and randomly dancing around in an oversized nappy ..

And don't even get me started on that Sultan gimmick :rolleyes:

And he had some lame ass singles run as Fatu or whatever the hell he was after the Headshrinkers ..

His niché was to be the funny big guy who entertained kids by shakin that ass, he was never good in the ring after the Headshrinkers stuff, and certainly didn't work as a heel cuz he had no real wrestling talent, and as a heel, no gimmick to hide behind ..

Only thing I ever found funny was stinkfaces on people I REALLY hated. And the way he could flip over when he got clotheslined sometimes .. kinda impressive for a dude that size. But other than that, nothing lol

• Moderators

Someone big needs to move from Raw, cuz Smackdown's dying right now!

But hell, I don't really care! HBK vs Angle 2 :P woooooo! (oops, gimmick infringement there :D )

Be interesting to see who moves now .. I'm guessing Rob Conway :rolleyes:

I think the problem is that Smackdown has been moved to Friday nights in the US, which is not a good sign as they are going to lose a massive percentage of their audience.

Maybe Vince is moving his bigger Smackdown stars to Raw in order to protect them by keeping them with WWE's biggest Superstars and keeping them in a place where they will get the most exposure?

I mean he has obviously lost interest in Benoit for the main events, maybe Smackdown will now officially become the "breeding ground" for new talent?

I dont know!

• Moderators

I read rumours about Smackdown going ECW .. which I can't see happening. Although I wouldn't be against there being some kinda Hardcore stuff again, at least that would be unique to Smackdown like the cruiserweights, but there definitely needs to be the main title on the show again, however they get one over there.

Benoit probably only ever got a main event push because of everything he's done in his career and actually being deserving of it, rather than Vince really being interested in him being a "main eventer" as such, u know?

He works best at making other people look good .. so hopefully he can establish some of the rookies on Smackdown.

I remember Smackdown generally being the place for NEWER talent rather than the established HHH's of this world on Raw, and I always quite enjoyed that fresher feeling to the show .. but now Raw's stolen Kurt Angle, I'm gonna have to like Raw more .. plus I love the live aspect of the show anyway! I don't get a chance to ruin it with spoilers :unsure:

I read rumours about Smackdown going ECW .. which I can't see happening. Although I wouldn't be against there being some kinda Hardcore stuff again, at least that would be unique to Smackdown like the cruiserweights, but there definitely needs to be the main title on the show again, however they get one over there.

Benoit probably only ever got a main event push because of everything he's done in his career and actually being deserving of it, rather than Vince really being interested in him being a "main eventer" as such, u know?

He works best at making other people look good .. so hopefully he can establish some of the rookies on Smackdown.

I remember Smackdown generally being the place for NEWER talent rather than the established HHH's of this world on Raw, and I always quite enjoyed that fresher feeling to the show .. but now Raw's stolen Kurt Angle, I'm gonna have to like Raw more .. plus I love the live aspect of the show anyway! I don't get a chance to ruin it with spoilers :lol:

The only thing now is who goes to Smackdown that actually matters? Benoit was really the only major guy on Raw that had no big storyline on Raw enabling him to switch shows. With all the PPV matches announced for Vengeance it's unlikely anyone on that card will switch tomorrow so who's left that can fill the gap left by Angle's jump to Raw?