latest Guest Announcement - ADAM BALDWIN

Well it's not a REQUIREMENT as such to be friendly etc, was just explaining why some people might get a bit arsey about ur first post being something like it was! ^_^ If that's the way u wanna do things then that's cool, tis just more likely to cause a few arguments unfortunately :rolleyes: ah well, keeps this place interesting :P

i understood that some people would not like my post, i also thought that equally some people would agree with it. i thought that i got across what i wanted to say in a way that would have been acceptable to stay posted.

i shall try to be more careful in future, but like i said i tend to say what i mean.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, my computer's letting me post again! *Damns cookies to hell... though not the sugary kind.*

Adam Baldwin, the Hero of Canton, the man they do indeed call Jayne!! Rock on!! Now if we could get more Firefly guests then get some sort of talk arranged.... Firefly rocks, and so do Showmasters!

And moany people, be optimistic! If you're not particularly pleased with the announcement, then there's no need to rant on about how you are sarcastically glad for other people who may want to meet this particular guest, and to the people moaning so much about Adam changing cons... so what? At least nothing tragic has happened to him or anyone he knows, and he can make it to at least one of them! I'm going out of my way to London to see him, so I'm sure that other epople are willing to travel to see him if they want to meet him that much!

xx

Just to get in my first post at this point, I have never been to any convention before but due to the fact that Firefly totally blew me away I joined the official movie site, where they did indeed announce there would be a Serenity presence at the LFCC, at which point I first came over here to see what I could find out about who I could expect to see. Now months later there is finally a confirmed BDH going to appear! Much rejoicing ensues. Whatever the reasons for his change, there will be many Browncoats there to support him and help promote Serenity, the film, and the set of three comics from Dark Horse that are being released from early July through September. This release of the comics that will link the end of the TV series to the events in the film is probably one of the major reasons why Universal wanted someone to be there to represent them, so one of the actors were going to have to appear, even if the film release date is still some time away. For now I'm very excited, but not as excited as I will be if they get Joss! Joss is Boss! ;)

Can't we all just get along?

The fact is that Adam Baldwin wishes to meet the Firefly/Serenity fans in the UK.

YES!

The other event was discussing a possible appearance with Adam Baldwin.

NO!

They did not have a signed contract.

NO!

They did not have any permission to advertise his appearing which is why the promoter did not announce him along side the other confirmed guests.

YES!

He was unable to confirm time off from The Inside -- when the promoter needed an answer that night in addition to flight details or said he would have to retract his offer to Adam Baldwin.

YES!

Things understandably fell apart because a promoter needed confirmations that could not be provided at the time they were required in order to move forward.

YES!

Adam Baldwin still wanted to come to the UK if it was possible.

YES!

Showmasters was contacted after it was clear that the other appearance would not be happening. Showmasters was able to accommodate the need for flexibility with flight options and schedules required to get him to the UK while he is working on THE INSIDE.

It is unfortunate that these circumstances have caused such frustration as Adam Baldwin is doing his best to come meet Serenity fans in the UK and truly hopes to make the best of the moments he will have with each and every one of you.

Wishing Clarity to All,

Adam Baldwin's Convention Representative

Thank you to Way of the Owl for clarifying the situation regarding Adam's appearance. :huh:

Hopefully that will now stop the speculation and the assumptions on this situation.

Just be grateful that Adam is taking the time to come and meet his UK fans still and that it will be an amazing event :lol:

Now can we all play along nicely with no more accusations? Thank you!

• Moderators

Thank you to the rep for posting, and I hope this clears the situation up for people .. although hey we all know some people just enjoy bitching too much to be happy with answers :D

• Showmasters Admin

An official statement clearing up any concerns about Mr Baldwin's appearance at LFCC has now been posted in the LFCC3 section. We would ask therefore that you keep this thread dedicated to comments about Adam's appearance and not use it as a battleground. Any further posts regarding alledged rumours of poaching should be held back until the official statement has been read and further comments should be made there instead.