Billy's at LFACC!

luvme7754

I can't go either. I hope Billy goes to C8 coz it's my birthday when it starts and would be great to meet him.

Awww yeah...and then tell him it's your birthday! .... you might get somethin special :D he's sweet like that...

:P Wish he would go, it would be great to meet him, he looks like a friendly person anyway.

ah he really is...he's my best guest by far :P i get really star struck and cna't say anythin, but he was chattin away to my mate and makin jokes and stuff for ages...and he tried havin a laugh with me....awww he's so cute

my movie moment hug with him was just the best !!! haha

It's cool that he's only £15, i thought he would've been £20. It's been 18days since i sent him a letter, I hope i get something back soon.

Awww I hope you do too....but my last letter that i sent for a friend in the us took a few months ..... hope you won't have to wait so long!

I have a RotK companion book signed by Ian McKellen...it's my most treasured auto so far :lol:

I wish I could have gone and met Billy this time around. My meeting with him last time was extremely rushed and left me feeling deflated.

I couldn't make it to LFACC though, so I will wait until next time :angry:

Oh...don't get excited...it's not what you think...well, I didn't meet him or anything, (I only wish). I actually won it in a competition.

I had no idea I had won, in fact I had completely forgot I enetered, until I saw my name, and it was a nice surprise, I can tell you.

A couple of emails later and a few weeks wait, then it dropped on my doormat, (well..the postie rang on the bell :lol: ) I opened the book, and there it is...Ian's signature as clear as day.

And how do I know it is genuine you ask? The competition I won, was on Mr McKellens official website, which I visit on a regular basis ;)

So, even though I didn't meet him to get it...it is still my most treasured auto :D

BTW, DE...you can call me what you like, but my name is Dawn :P

Sir Ian is usually pretty good at signing ttm - takes a month or so. He'll only sign one thing per letter, but will sign each time you send something. Don't abuse it though!

And I had the pleasure of getting him IP at the Old Vic when he was doing Aladdin - he signed afterwards for everyone and I got a Gandalf pic signed for my collection :) Thats probably the best bet if you want to meet him - find out where he is appearing as he seems to do a fair bit of theatre work.

Oh, Billy Boyd (getting back on topic!). His talk yesterday was good, funny guy. And I finally got a pic with him after two abortive attempts the last 2 times he was over :lol:

That's pretty cool Dawn!! Winning a competition from McKellens official website is something to be proud about!! Dunno why I can never win anything...but still I'm very happy for you!! I bet it takes pride position in your collection! :D (It would in mine! :lol: )

Oh and BanishedfromRohan, do you still have his address? I think I'll give it a try, if it's still lying around. If so, could you email me it to me at adragonofheaven(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sir Ian is usually pretty good at signing ttm - takes a month or so. He'll only sign one thing per letter, but will sign each time you send something. Don't abuse it though!

And I had the pleasure of getting him IP at the Old Vic when he was doing Aladdin - he signed afterwards for everyone and I got a Gandalf pic signed for my collection :) Thats probably the best bet if you want to meet him - find out where he is appearing as he seems to do a fair bit of theatre work.

I used to have an address around here somewhere, I wonder if I could dig it up.

On the subject of going to meet him outside the theatres he appears at, unfortunately, all his work seems to be in the theatres in and around London which is a bit of a bummer for me.

I would have to take time off work and spend an ungodly amount of money on a hotel just to go to the theatre to meet him...and then there are no guarantees.

It would be so much easier if I lived in London, I could be there and back home in a few hours :D

DE, yep...it does have pride of place...I will meet him one day ya know :P

BTW Banished_from_Rohan, glad to hear you got a pic with Billy.

Having only met him the once, I didn't manage to get a pic, as our tickets were in the 400's and it was the end of the day by the time we got to meet him. The meeting was very rushed too, and I left feeling a little let down by the whole experience. That's why I would have liked to go to LFACC.

Oh well, there is always next time huh ;)