Slytherin House

Evie_Nitram

Hey everyone -

Just a quick note to say that I've finally got the confirmation that www.slytherin-house.co.uk is my new domain name, and will soon play host to the bestest christian coulson and jamie yeates site on the net... It will also feature pages on each of the other slytherin house members (both past and present!)

Any contributions are gladly accepted, and will be duly noted on the site master/professors page...

further planning is still too be done, and we will have to wait a further 24hours before anything can be added to the domain name...

Ellie and I are in charge of the whole overall site!

I'm taking official names for other sections starting now... (if you've said you'll help before, please post with the name of the slytherin member and your name/e-mail for my own records - if you wish your e-mail to remain annonymous, please PM me! or add me to MSN at Makawish20@aol.com)

Help only (as in no specific control over) the Jamie Yeates and Christian Coulson sections will be accepted.

Thanks,

Lizzi xxx

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question, are you making a template for the website which will be used overall then?

I'm still open for discussion on this topic!! There will be the basic colour scheme of black, dark green and silver (well greyish as silver isn't a colour we can get on computers! lol)

Chances are I'll have a main frame, and then individual pages can be opened in the main frame etc... though again, if co-ordinators have a particular idea/plan for a whole page, it can be discussed... I'm a firm believer in people's right to be creative, so won't be too stringent on design etc...

The main things I won't tolerate is bad english (it really irritates me!) or images/other media that is so big (eg. Mb/Gb worth of space) when it doesn't need to be!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ill just generally help if i ca, not so good with all the HTML stuff so ill leave that to yoiu guys - hmm ill help by being an active member 

Well just basic contributors like news, information and pictures would be just as helpful as a whole section co-ordinator!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also planning on having a page dedicated to the contributors for each section (or just general contributors) in the form of ex. staff or students. This can be a totally made up character, or take your own name/appearance etc...

For an example of what I mean...

I'm going to be Head of Slytherin House until I'm made Head Mistress, from 1902 until 1910...

Other examples have been prefects, Potions master, DADA teacher who left to become an Auror with the Ministry etc... Use you're imagination - it should be an interesting and fun page!!

Lizzi xxx

Right as someone that studies this sort of thing for university I would suggest one template that is used throughout the site. That way there is consistancy, when each section looks totally different it looks just off. Not everything has to be the same but a general template for like say banner, navigation, body of text etc should be the same. Text and links should be the same also, this is easily done with a style sheet, if you don't know how to do that I can create one for you :rolleyes:

Edited by Moony

Right as someone that studies this sort of thing for university I would suggest one template that is used throughout the site. That way there is consistancy, when each section looks totally different it looks just off. Not everything has to be the same but a general template for like say banner, navigation, body of text etc should be the same. Text and links should be the same also, this is easily done with a style sheet, if you don't know how to do that I can create one for you ;)

oh style sheets that takes me back to uni days! haven't used them since creating my newspaper pages in the second year but that was using quark which is an easy way of creating them.

The site is gonna look great and we have loads of ideas for it already. There's loads to do before it is possible to view but we hope it won't be too long before you can all enjoy

Ellie x x x

And just to put a further dampner on things (1 step forward and 2 steps back etc) whilst trying to sort out an e-mail address earlier, I've managed to kill my Internet on the computer in my room... I've still got access from the study and my little sister's room (when she's not on it!) but until my IT technician of a step-brother can figure out what I've done it's going to be some time until things are fully settled... damnit!!

Yeah, I think a style-sheet would be a good idea... I can do basic html etc, and some nifty little tricks here and there; and have a book that can tell me what to do etc. I've not done a style-sheet before, but would quite like to have a go first... I'll ask you for help if I get horribly stuck (which considering the e-mail fiasco, is more than likely!!) I wasn't always an incompetant wassack with a computer!!

Lizzi xx

hmmm (I'm going to sound stupid now, as I probably like to think I'm better than I am...) When I first started making websites I used Microsoft Publisher (which I've just found out the computer in the study has... Wish I'd known that a while back! lol) Then I started using Geocities, so used their online web builder facility, and then I learnt html, so just did everything by hand either straight into my file manager, or into note pad...

I might have a quick squizz at publisher again though...

If you ahve any suggestions as to some (hopefully free) software to download, I'm all ears... I can't afford the horrendous prices they like to charge for front page!

Lizzi xx

just going back a bit i think all the pages should be in the same style and form so that it looks like a whole website rather than just a few pages thrown together - it will look more professional.

Dude does have a point XD

I'd join as well being Voldemort XD

Okay cool... do you want to do a specific voldemort in terms of character section then? Or Ralph Fiennes??

Obviously an awful lot of the site will be about voldemort!! :)

As the general template for the site seems to be the popular choice (and I'm fully in agreement with it!) I think that'll definitely be incorporated!!

My computer is still being temperamental, though as I actually got it working for like 20mins earlier, I don't think it's permanent... just a dodgy connection to the internet (it's got a wireless connection to the study comp, and then into the broadband connection!)

Okay cool... do you want to do a specific voldemort in terms of character section then? Or Ralph Fiennes??

Obviously an awful lot of the site will be about voldemort!! :)

As the general template for the site seems to be the popular choice (and I'm fully in agreement with it!) I think that'll definitely be incorporated!!

My computer is still being temperamental, though as I actually got it working for like 20mins earlier, I don't think it's permanent... just a dodgy connection to the internet (it's got a wireless connection to the study comp, and then into the broadband connection!)

I think a bit of both and a little tom riddle and christian wouldn't go a miss either XD dude!

excellent!!

Well the site was initially just about Jamie and Christian... I guess to make it really good, it really needs to include all slytherins past and present...

What contributors character do you want to be?

excellent!!

Well the site was initially just about Jamie and Christian... I guess to make it really good, it really needs to include all slytherins past and present...

What contributors character do you want to be?

VOldemort would propably be best lol XD

im still in my mcfly mood - shame they dont really fit as slytherins... although... anyway yeah back to poetry, figured out my computer problem too, the pop up blocker was not only not stopping pop ups it just slowed everything down.

back to site, ermmm must be a page about salazar slytherin obviously as he is the founder

im still in my mcfly mood - shame they dont really fit as slytherins... although... anyway yeah back to poetry, figured out my computer problem too, the pop up blocker was not only not stopping pop ups it just slowed everything down.

back to site, ermmm must be a page about salazar slytherin obviously as he is the founder

very good poitn dude and Mcfly can be anything you want it to be! Evil theme tune - down by the lake XD, and yeh you got your computer sorted lol!

Also how about including Morgan Le Faye? Merlin's half sister and enemy - very dark evil sorceress

very good poitn dude and Mcfly can be anything you want it to be! Evil theme tune - down by the lake XD, and yeh you got your computer sorted lol!

Also how about including Morgan Le Faye? Merlin's half sister and enemy - very dark evil sorceress

they didnt play that one - they played im not alone though and met this girl - my 2 favourite songs from the album aww cant wait to c them again....

anyway bac to slytherins...erm what about all those on sirius' family tree?