latest guest announcement - XANDER BERKELEY

I will only get his autograph if they have that shot.

Your best bet is to get a decent quality colour printer and do a DIY job.

but how do you get the phpoto to the size you want without the quality being s***?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only get his autograph if they have that shot.

Your best bet is to get a decent quality colour printer and do a DIY job.

but how do you get the phpoto to the size you want without the quality being s***?

I've printed screencaps from DVD before. The quality's not always top notch, but if it's the only way to get the image you want, then you have to do it.

There are some basic rules.

Get yourself at least a half decent image editing package. Doesn't have to be Photoshop, but if you've got it, great. A modern fairly basic package should do the job. If you have a scanner, the image software you got with it should be fine.

Get a good colour printer. You don't need to spend a fortune. My £35 Lexmark is ok, but obviously the more you spend, the higher quality print you'll probably get.

If the image is grainy, try softening the image if the software has the function. When you print, the copy will look better from a distance if you frame it.

Lighten the brightness and if needed the contrast of the image. Things always print darker than they appear on screen, so if you have a dark image such as Xander's accident with the T100's arm, you'll need to whack the brightness right up.

Depending on your image software, the print function may allow you to specify the size you want the image to print in percentage terms, or it may let you print the image so that it fills the whole of the paper across ways when you print.

Edited by Beaker

Beaker you truly are the science master.

Ive got a copy of photoshop and an hp950c but I can always buy another printer. Ill give it a bash and see what happens, ill do other prints if anybody needs one. Just wish I could have done it for the Mouth of Sauron, that would have rocked!

Ive got a copy of photoshop and an hp950c but I can always buy another printer. Ill give it a bash and see what happens, ill do other prints if anybody needs one. Just wish I could have done it for the Mouth of Sauron, that would have rocked!

Sorry, can you do the "We're not worthy!" bit. . .makes me feel good about myself. :lol:

Ive got a copy of photoshop and an hp950c but I can always buy another printer. Ill give it a bash and see what happens, ill do other prints if anybody needs one.  Just wish I could have done it for the Mouth of Sauron, that would have rocked!

Sorry, can you do the "We're not worthy!" bit. . .makes me feel good about myself. ;)

Permission to feel good granted. If I ever organise that board out to a strip club and the picture thing works, ill buy you the first dance.

Ive got a copy of photoshop and an hp950c but I can always buy another printer. Ill give it a bash and see what happens, ill do other prints if anybody needs one.  Just wish I could have done it for the Mouth of Sauron, that would have rocked!

Sorry, can you do the "We're not worthy!" bit. . .makes me feel good about myself. :rolleyes:

Permission to feel good granted. If I ever organise that board out to a strip club and the picture thing works, ill buy you the first dance.

SWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG! :unsure:

hey just noticed he was in heat aswell!! i can sorta remeber his charcacter but will have to go watching it again!

Ron was in the island of dr moreau with val kilmer but im sure thats an experience they would both rather forget!!!

hey just noticed he was in heat aswell!! i can sorta remeber his charcacter but will have to go watching it again!

Ron was in the island of dr moreau with val kilmer but im sure thats an experience they would both rather forget!!!

Yeah he screwed Pacino wife, in her house, eating her food, but he made the mistake of watching his mother f***ing televison.

Amazing film!

Yeah he screwed Pacino wife, in her house, eating her food, but he made the mistake of watching his mother f***ing televison.

oh yeah that was excellent!!! al in hyperbole mode!!

Dude it was just the most slick film, the diner scene is just brilliant. Aliens Vs Predator who posts on here had not seen it, so I sent his ass packing and told him he was not allowed to post until he had seen it and given a report!

i don't know if you noticied this dom but i can remember seeing heat at the cinema many years ago and me and my mates were laughing our asses off at the massive boil thing or whatever it is on vals elbow- its in one of the earlier scenes when he goes to pick up the hardware from that factory and later when he is round at de niros gaff!

its massive!!!

i don't know if you noticied this dom but i can remember seeing heat at the cinema many years ago and me and my mates were laughing our asses off at the massive boil thing or whatever it is on vals elbow- its in one of the earlier scenes when he goes to pick up the hardware from that factory and later when he is round at de niros gaff!

its massive!!!

Mate i love thre freaky s***, will get on the case see if I can get some screen caps for here!