James Marsters VQ Tickets

I heard the person giving out the tickets say that people were not guarenteed to see James with high numbers.

not to disagree with u but they didn't tell us this.

If they thought that James would only b able 2 do 800 y give out another 300?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets often get given out before the start time.

With guests like JM you just have to be extra early otherwise you won't get to meet them, the problem is, ques form for tickets and soon they get long and out of control and tickets have to be given out to stop the crowding and to make people disperse.

KIWI ;)

I couldent belive that they completley cover him so u couldent even get a piccy i felt sorry for some of the little girls i seen one cryin becoz there was no tixs left and she couldent even see him to take a piccy :unsure:

I heard the american women that was shouting the tix numbers, she was behind us at one point while we were looking at the stalls and she said no one was going to get piccys if she could help it again mean :P i understand that this may be james personal choice but come on they should have known the sheen amount of people who would come out to meet the man.

All i can say is i am glad i met and got a piccy with him at SFX a couple of years ago ;)

I heard the person giving out the tickets say that people were not guarenteed to see James with high numbers.

Thats fair enough. I wasn't actually queuing for James, I was going to work. I just heard the person saying it was not guarenteed, but obviously I don't know if she said that to everyone.

I suppose they give out more tickets just in case he does do over the estimated number. He managed an extra 100.

I couldent belive that they completley cover him so u couldent even get a piccy i felt sorry for some of the little girls i seen one cryin becoz there was no tixs left and she couldent even see him to take a piccy :unsure:

I heard the american women that was shouting the tix numbers, she was behind us at one point while we were looking at the stalls and she said no one was going to get piccys if she could help it again mean :P i understand that this may be james personal choice but come on they should have known the sheen amount of people who would come out to meet the man.

All i can say is i am glad i met and got a piccy with him at SFX a couple of years ago ;)

They cover the windows up because so many people press them selves up against it and bang on it to try and get his attention. I wouldn't like it if I constantly has people banging on a window next to me all day!

yeah i get that about the windows but the other side was un called for really, i agree with what people are saying the tickets that they got up to 2day they should carry on tomorrow esp for people who have waited 7 hours as i heard someone say i myself cant go back tomorrow as i have to work :lol::blink:

has anyone questioned why james' queue was closed early so that he could attend the watchers talk, which is what people were told.?

i may be missing something but he's not a watcher and had his own talk scheduled.

a lot of very dissapointed and angry people travelled a long way and waited around for hours.

very poor pr in my opinion.

whos decision was it?

i think showmasters should explain and honour the remaining tickets tomorrow if people can attend.

has anyone questioned why james' queue was closed early so that he could attend the watchers talk, which is what people were told.?

i may be missing something but he's not a watcher and had his own talk scheduled.

a lot of very dissapointed and angry people travelled a long way and waited around for hours.

very poor pr in my opinion.

whos decision was it?

i think showmasters should explain and honour the remaining tickets tomorrow if people can attend.

They didnt honour the tickets for Elijah, We just had to turn up again in the morning (earlier) and start all over again.

Thats fair enough. I wasn't actually queuing for James, I was going to work. I just heard the person saying it was not guarenteed, but obviously I don't know if she said that to everyone.

I suppose they give out more tickets just in case he does do over the estimated number. He managed an extra 100.

:lol::blink::wub:

Problem is you cannot honour those tickets tomorrow. What happens? 200 people from today get in, so ticket #1 tomorrow meets him 2 hours later, and maybe only 500 people tomorrow get in.

I just think from the sounds of it things should have been made clearer for those who were dissapointed. Not everyone can beging queuing at 7am.

JAMES MARSTERS V tickets went up to 1500, best thing to do if you want to meet him is get there before the doors open at 9am.

Way, way before 9!! The first person was there at 3am!!

If thats true its both ridiculous and I have to say a bit stupid.

Problem is you cannot honour those tickets tomorrow. What happens? 200 people from today get in, so ticket #1 tomorrow meets him 2 hours later, and maybe only 500 people tomorrow get in.

I just think from the sounds of it things should have been made clearer for those who were dissapointed. Not everyone can beging queuing at 7am.

Showmasters should really do something. It is very unfair 4 many people

i still think they should have given out less tickets

Edited by Jedi_Redd

JAMES MARSTERS V tickets went up to 1500, best thing to do if you want to meet him is get there before the doors open at 9am.

arhhh but people will do that u see :lol:

I don't know how true it is. I was told be a member of centre:mk staff that the guy got off his plane at at the airport and got a taxi straight to the shopping centre!

I think they should just forget about Virtual Tickets and let people queue up, or atleast make them timed so that people with tickets in the 100/200s cant just turn up when the 700s are being let in and push infront.

No way, man. I think thats really bad. If we spent all that time queing up we might miss out on other guests who may have gone home by the time we make it to the front of the line.

Whenever I have a VT and I come in late I've never pushed in...I always queue up with everyone else. I can't belive that some people have the cheek to push in anyway, does that actually happen?

Just to clear this one up, the first guy there camped out from 1am, we got there at 3am and woke him!!!!!!! We did get Jm first thing but we agree that things were out of control today! oh and the early tickets went to the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to clear this one up, the first guy there camped out from 1am, we got there at 3am and woke him!!!!!!! We did get Jm first thing but we agree that things were out of control today! oh and the early tickets went to the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and there a shock thats wrong the dealers get the 1st tix bad news that is

I can't belive that some people have the cheek to push in anyway, does that actually happen?

YES

The guy behind me got his ticket early from a mate

When Carrie Fischer was here last time they had to leave a gap in the queue because of the main doors and people where joining the queue there

Also the guy collecting the tickets let his friends in without tickets.

One women let these people in front of me last yr as they only wanted a photograph! After people had been waiting all day and they still got an autograph.

Edited by Jedi_Redd

and there a shock thats wrong the dealers get the 1st tix bad news that is

Yes i'm afraid it's true, we were in the first five through the doors and in the jm q, our tickets said no 34?????? then the dealers came up with all their tickets and orders!!!!! hmmmmmmmm did'nt see them there q-ing at 3am!!!!!

Well I'm brand new to the forum and my first post is a moan.... what does that do for first impressions... ??? :lol::D

We were one of the lucky ones (thankfully)! BUT!

We got there at 7:59 (according to the parking machine which was slow by a few minutes) queued up outside with everyone else waiting to get in.

Lined up at about 9:15ish - tickets started to be handed out. We waited... and watched eagerly. Suddenly another person appeared with a book of tickets, they were alternating up the queue trying to disperse the queue as quickly as possible.

We got given our tickets and so did our friends in front. We chatted and then compared, just for small talk to the people in front of them.... To our utter surprise... 143 and 144 were given to them.... us 406 and 410! THEY WERE 2 IN FRONT OF US! How is that fair?

Now, I agree that the organisers had to disperse the queue - it needed to be done as it was stupidly unorganised but there werent ANY signs outside saying Queue here for x, Queue here for y... filtering from other doors etc.

We were quite near the front but I know, as I walked the queue quite a few times, that there were people who were definitely from other queues IN FRONT of us.

Blah blah blah, enough moaning, I enjoyed it, spent way too much money but got what I came for apart from Trisha - BSG, James - BGS and Chris - RD.

Showmasters - please try and get them next time and do some filter lanes or something to stop multiple queueing. That was ridiculous.

Edited by stuhome

We got there at about 8am, were let in at 9am and had ticket numbers 260-something. We got to meet him around 11am, but were ushered through like cattle. One crew member was shouting for us to get our cash out ready and the girl at the front snatched my Spike figure and photo out of my hand to pass over to him to sign.

James was courtious enough to shake my hand and ask me how I was before signing the items in an attempt to slow things down a little. The poor guy's hand must have killed. :lol:

I also saw a lot of very unhappy people who could not get a ticket to meet him. Believe me, it wasn't much of a meeting anyway and after spending £40 I do feel a little ripped off that I couldn't at least get a photo of him signing my items which wouldn't have taken any extra time anyway.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of the game. Serious fans get there shockingly early (the guy at the front of the queue), while families with small children have no clue as to what to expect and just turn up only to be turned away again.

I arrivced at around 8:40 and knew as soon as they started giving out the tickets early that there would be people posting on here that its not fair but this whole issued was raised after C4 and the truth of the matter is it doesnt matter when the virtual tickets are handed out, if they had left it until 10am, the people who got them early today today and walked away would still have been in front of you in the queue and you would still have still got the same ticket, the only way to increase your chances of meeting the popular guests is to get their early, I even posted saying this last night.

For the record I got ticket 661 and met James at about 3pm and even though I was dissapointed that there was no photos allowed (no doubt his request which I have no problem with) and no personlisation (doesnt seem like much but can slow things down alot) but I still dont regret meeting him and really enjoyed myself today.