The Dalek!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys were great! The only problem was my friend was scared of you until Sunday when one of you told a small boy to 'Gerrroff' then did some insane giggling thing - I wanted a pick of Darth Tater on a Dalek :lol:

My sister was on the phone to me when one of the daleks crept up behind her (if they can creep!). He ordered my sister to let him speak into it. I had no idea what was going on - I heard my sister squeal and then had a dalek talking to me. I was just round the corner by John Lewis, laughing hysterically and telling complete strangers that I had a dalek on the line. Some people get Tom Cruise, I got a dalek :lol: . Unfortunately I was unable to hear enough to have a proper conversation, but thank you, Mr Dalek, for giving me a good laugh. You guys rock!

well if you pick out which dalek it was we might be able to figure out who was inside lol

I'll be able to pick out the dalek in question when I get my pics developed! I think it was one of the silver ones with the blue nobbles, but can't be 100% sure!

My sister was on the phone to me when one of the daleks crept up behind her (if they can creep!). He ordered my sister to let him speak into it. I had no idea what was going on - I heard my sister squeal and then had a dalek talking to me. I was just round the corner by John Lewis, laughing hysterically and telling complete strangers that I had a dalek on the line. Some people get Tom Cruise, I got a dalek :lol: . Unfortunately I was unable to hear enough to have a proper conversation, but thank you, Mr Dalek, for giving me a good laugh. You guys rock!

haha i was right behind her when she was on the phone!

Talking and moving Daleks sound pretty cool. The ones at US Doctor Who cons are stationary and available only for photo ops with the likes of Paul McGann:

BRNDT-PM90.jpg

Or else they're a bit deflated:

CT59.jpg

Estelle

These were fantastic, it was so funny hearing them say 'move it or lose it'

And then one of them was havin ago at some woman who was trying to take a pic on her phone but couldn't get a good one. He was sayin something like 'thats wot happens wen u use a phone, get a real camera'

aaaawwww cutest dalek pic ever!

My cohorts at www.mcgann-library.net think this Dalek picture is really sweet:

Collectormania15a.jpg

Estelle

:huh: cute? CUTE?! most evil scourge of the universe and you call it cute??!

im insulted lol

Pauls a lovely guy though met him a few times.

cant believe you think its cute! and poser? moi? never lol

:huh: cute? CUTE?! most evil scourge of the universe and you call it cute??!

im insulted lol

haha well they aren't cute on TV but you have to remember, they are only acting.

the dalek i met in real life last week was very charming, although he was a little bit cheeky also.

:D

:huh:  cute? CUTE?! most evil scourge of the universe and you call it cute??!

im insulted lol

haha well they aren't cute on TV but you have to remember, they are only acting.

the dalek i met in real life last week was very charming, although he was a little bit cheeky also.

:D

Just be glad you didnt get too close to me plunger otherwise you would of known about it :D

:unsure:  cute? CUTE?! most evil scourge of the universe and you call it cute??!

im insulted lol

Well, this Dalek just doesn't look so menacing with the attached ribbons and the bag of stroopwafels balanced on its weapon, and then there are also two cute guys flanking it. :)

You're right about Paul--he's a nice, friendly guy.

Estelle

:unsure:  cute? CUTE?! most evil scourge of the universe and you call it cute??!

im insulted lol

Well, this Dalek just doesn't look so menacing with the attached ribbons and the bag of stroopwafels balanced on its weapon, and then there are also two cute guys flanking it. :)

You're right about Paul--he's a nice, friendly guy.

Estelle

2 cute guys? :firedevil: who might they be then

2 cute guys?    :firedevil:  who might they be then

Uh, the two in the forefront of your piccie on either side of the evil Dalek-- not the two guys behind you. You did a fab job on that Dalek by the way. Do you guys who operate the Daleks arrange to show up at events all together?

Estelle

yeh we try to, we're all scattered round the country and its good to meet up an have a break from normality.

Iv just sold mine though, shes abit tired and needs a rest lol

Since I've usually thought about Daleks being male, I find it interesting that you should refer to yours as a female. It would be cool if you guys could come to a con in the US (Gallifrey or ChicagoTARDIS).

Estelle