Autograph Sets

Yeah, they should sell a 'Star Wars Reunion Exclusive Pass' for £100-£150 which allows you one free autograph from as many of the Star Wars guests as you like, plus a ticket to the SW talk (and maybe entrance to a SW prize draw or something), maybe allowing you to cut the guest queues too. I bet they would make more money, as I only intend to spend about £90 on SW autographs but if I could pay £150 for them all I would

Edited by Calumn

I totally think this is a great idea...at the moment I can't afford to meet all 3 of the red dwarf guys but if there was a special package like you mentioned I'd be more likely to go for it...I know its only £5 difference but its how are minds naturally work...we see we are getting something for nothing (in this case a little less in price) and we jump at the chance!!

Really? Oh well, wasnt going to go anyway. I never knew George Lucas didnt direct all the SW films until I saw Kershener announced and investigated further - and Empire Stikes Back is the best of the bunch too - Irvin Kershener is one of the very best guests, I'm surprised he isnt higher up this list.

I totally think this is a great idea...at the moment I can't afford to meet all 3 of the red dwarf guys but if there was a special package like you mentioned I'd be more likely to go for it...I know its only £5 difference but its how are minds naturally work...we see we are getting something for nothing (in this case a little less in price) and we jump at the chance!!

and we must never knock £5 thats one more drink!:)

x

Yeah it's a great idea, but would confuse Joe Public even more. They're confused about virtual queuing, having to pay at all, having to pay per sig, not being able to just go up and say hi, and talk shop with them, and you want the poor SM lackeys to try explain the bulk discount deals?

And you want to offer a bulk discount on the Fools and horses pairing?

You then get into who gets what share of the ticket price. eg, Fisher and Williams were the bigger names of the Star Wars crew last time, so more will want their autos. Therefore their bods will be after larger chunks than say Warwick Davies, or 3rd ewok from the left in the ROTJ Endor attack on the Walkers with the log slide.. which in this case could be Warwick anyway.

Then you get the argument on whether or not its available to SM material only, or 'brought' items. Also are they signed away from the show, or there. Lost tickets...etc..

Thats a cracking idea BUT whoeva buys the pass wud have to make sure they could get round to all the guests in time otherwise SM may have people moaning at them cus they paid some much and didn't see everyone.

I only intend to spend about £90 on SW autographs but if I could pay £150 for them all I would

HOWEVER: i've just counted all the SW guests - there's 18 of them.

assiming that each are only £10 (unrealistic - at least some are prob 15) then thats £180.

assuming that the assumed £10 will allow /sm to pretty much break even, with minimal profits, then there would need to be a MINIMUM charge of £170.

translated into realistic prices (i'm not addin all the /sw people, but i'm assumin over £200) then its likely a minimum charge would work out at £200.

i'm not sure thats too likely to be forthcoming from the majority of people is it? after all, not everyone would be willing to pay for every autograph - they mightn't have an interest in some of the guests.

and problems of dividing the moneys between guests have been mentioned already, as well as the confusion it would cause.

i sort of agree. But i think that (eg) the dwarf boys should all be on one table (because lets face it, most people want all 3) and you pay, say £30, to get all 3 autographs and so on, its easier becuase there is less queuing.

they were all together for LFCC.

but assuming they will be 15 each, to charge 30 is essentially giving one free. and if they're gonna be 10 each, and there's only 3 of them... then isn't it already only 30? (i don't know the actual prices, and regardless of what some say about MSPG i consider that they may change until the day.)

but certain ppl will have certain favourites, and not all will have that much to spend on them - individual queues allow ppl to prioritise.