Helping Hand

luleia

Hi there Ive never done this before so sorry if I get it wrong i am coming to colletormania while visiting england see i live in New Zealand so a big event like this is a bit scary I was wondering if there was anybody who could help me maybe i could meet up with someone who could show me around. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

Hey, welcome to the forum :wub:

If there is anything specific you'd like to know, feel free to ask and I'm sure people will do their best to help.

Best way to get to know people is to chat on here, tell everyone a bit more about yourself, or most people have MSN Messenger or Yahoo or AOL to chat on as well ..

You can read through the Frequently Asked Questions section towards the bottom of the forum as well, that has a lot of information in it for newcomers. Or just CLICK HERE.

Edited by DavidB

Hey thanks heaps. I've read about the virtual queing thing which sounds great but I'm still worried I'm going to line up in the wrong line or something.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan (mainly the classic trilogy, but I like the prequels as well) as well as Stargate so this event is so exciting to me, I really want to meet michael shanks and christopher judge.

Do they let you take photos of them if not with them?

I'm only 20 so travelling to england from my small country is like OMG!!

• Moderators

Photos OF them is usually fine, and photos with them is usually ok but just be polite and ask them nicely in case!

Sometimes there'll be a no-flash rule, and sometimes there'll be a no photos WITH guests rule, but if there is any of this in place then it'll be clearly stated at the end of the queue before you get to the guest so you will know.

We're not sure about where the guests will be yet, there MAY be a plan posted before the event so we know vaguely where they all are, but if not then you'll just have to walk around and find the right ones. They all have really big pictures of themselves above their areas so you should have no problem finding who you want.

They are kinda scary at first. 14, first time away without parents lots of ppl. but ask around and someone is always willing to help or point you in the right direction for sum1 to help. id offer to helpout on the satdy/sunday but im doing LoTR guests not SW and SG.

good luck anyway sure you'll love it

thanks guys this is really helpful. I'm kind of lucky becasue we have a convention in NZ called Armaggedon which is two weeks before and ray park and tem morrison will be there so I can go for the other people at collectomania:)

Hi luleia. :P Welcome to the fun, fun world of Collectormania. ;) I've only been doing the convention thing for the last two years but my husband's been at it for much longer. It's great fun. I was absolutely terrified at my first convention, as well. (Collectormania4 was my first.) Collectormania is sort of a scary one to pick for the first time because it's so HUGE. I'm not trying to scare you, I promise. Lol. I was newly arrived from America at the time so it was a bit much. Anywho, have a look here: http://www.anzwers.org/free/witchybelle/Co...Convention.html . It's my diary from all our conventions. And if you'd like, we'd be happy to have a cup of tea with you on the day. ;)

hey there and welcome. as u can see there is a lot of freindly people here ready to help you with anythin u need so feel free to ask away.my email is in my signature so feel ree to email me or add me to messenger and we can arrange to meet up at the event.also if u have any questions i'll do my best to answer them. i'm also a huge stargate fan and a fan of star wars too so ur bound to see me around. hope u find everything u need to know and enjoy urself. :rolleyes:

Hi luleia im kinda a bit like u well im not 4rom new zealand but this is my second collectormania event that me and my friends r going 2, we'll b there on the saturday so ur most welcome 2 join our merry band of friends. hope u enjoy it bibibibibibibibi

lotrfreek

you guys are fantastic I would love to meet up with you. You'll have to excuse me cause I dont know how to use this site properly, I dont have the internet at home :wub: So it might take me a while how to figure out how to email people hehe. Is anyone going to the party on Saturday night? I will be going to that to.

Hi luleia. :wub: Welcome to the fun, fun world of Collectormania. :( I've only been doing the convention thing for the last two years but my husband's been at it for much longer. It's great fun. I was absolutely terrified at my first convention, as well. (Collectormania4 was my first.) Collectormania is sort of a scary one to pick for the first time because it's so HUGE. I'm not trying to scare you, I promise. Lol. I was newly arrived from America at the time so it was a bit much. Anywho, have a look here: http://www.anzwers.org/free/witchybelle/Co...Convention.html . It's my diary from all our conventions. And if you'd like, we'd be happy to have a cup of tea with you on the day. ;)

I really like your diary of events you've attended. I've been to a few of the ones you've attended myself and it was really interesting reading your opinions on some of the stars you met and comparing them to my own experiences of meeting them.

I would really like someone to meet up with. I am arriving on friday afternoon and I thought I would go and investigate then I will be arriving early sat morning so I can line up I think are the lines really long?. Has anyone been to the party before do you actualloy sww the guest there?