113 members have voted

1. 1. Are you :

• Impressed
    • Not impressed

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i voted impressed, never been to a sm event b4 and im only going for ELVIRA :P never expected i would get to meet her :uhoh: so im happy ^_^:unsure: glad the dates have been changed otherwise i could'nt go :P ( my sister is going for kate :angry: )

Edited by vampwillow

I have voted not impressed at this stage but mainly because it is early days and nothing has been announced that is any different from the norm.

I am pleased to see Kate Mulgrew and Jonathan Breck attending, but neither would really have been the top of my list to see.

Lou Ferrigno has been at a Showmasters event before and does a lot of conventions . Now if it had been Eric Bana !

Perhaps I am expecting too much , but then the advertising did say it was going to be like nothing ever seen before in the U.K. so I am expecting a couple of really big guests along the lines of Val Kilmer, Burt Reynolds, Elijah Wood etc

far more votes would probably be in for 'not impressed' if elijah was announced!! :lol::lol::lol:

i agree that none of them are the top of my list, but the way i look at it is - is the guest list good, considering its early days? i'd say so.

bigger names are more likely to give final confirmation considerably closer, because they're surer of their commitments then.

plus, if elijah (for example) WAS announced now, i'd fully expect a cancellation due to some other unexpected commitment. same with other big guests.

People who then actually don't like the annoucement, and who may have legitimate & constructive reasons for doing so, are afraid to air their opinions in a mire of what is nothing other than propaganda.

The fact that most of the Dr Who annoucements had very little response from these people gives a good indication of their age.

if people are scared of airing their opinions, then with all due respect why are you still here? you don't seem too scared.

judging ages on lack of responses is a poor method of doing it. i can actually vaguely remember Dr Who, but i was never a fan of it. i'm also 21, so not exactly a child who believes in SM just because.

to be honest, as far as i can see, the most legitimate reason for not liking an announcement is if you don't know them or are not a fan. i'm not able to think of other reasons.

of course, this is my view, and i don't mean any disrespect with it. however, feel free to dislike it.

I voted not impressed because they changed the time and venue and the guest I wanted to see has been moved to the Milton Keynes show. Other than that there is still no mention on what this show is going to be like, apart from a few guests which will not take up much room in the venue. I know how big the space is inside and they are being incredibly ambitious trying to fill it. :blink:

To partly answer the question about which movies are out this year, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and War of the Worlds are out this summer, but have so far recieved very little publicity.

:cylon: Battlestar Galactica season 2 will be broadcast in the fall. Woo Hoo Yeah :cylon:

:o Star Wars fan, I am not, nor am I fan of Dr Who. :D