Crowds

IloveSpike

It was packed at C6... and I can't help that think that with (in my opinion) two huge names (James Marsters and Sean Astin) and plenty of other big stars it's going to be very very crowded...

I'm not criticising because I am really pleased with the guests announced so far just worried that people could get hurt...

Edited by IloveSpike

• Moderators

Well C4 people coped with Sean, Elijah and Dom .. sure it was absolutely manic but I'm sure there'll be something done this time to try and make things more comfortable for everyone. I don't think ANYONE expected C4 to be like it was, so this time they've got the chance to be well prepared! :P

• Moderators

I'll believe it when I see it :o

I hope there IS space tho, I spose ya can't control it too much with it being a shopping centre n all, but as long as the queues are organised and people are moved on etc then it should be fine! Even people with wheelchairs and pushchairs need room! :P

Problem is we do try n crowd control but people still insist on standing there to get a glimpse, and when you ask politely for them to move they get annoyed and very angry B)

• Moderators
The costa coffee area was manic at C6. Maybe some thought about this area wouldnt go a miss!!

I must admit that is my most hated area :P Seriously when I'm on a break or something for like 10 mins n I'm trying to walk round, if I go through there it'll take most of my break to get through n then I'm back to work! B)

The costa coffee area was manic at C6. Maybe some thought about this area wouldnt go a miss!!

I must admit that is my most hated area :P Seriously when I'm on a break or something for like 10 mins n I'm trying to walk round, if I go through there it'll take most of my break to get through n then I'm back to work! B)

Perhaps putting lesser stars in that area.. I mean Dirk and Dwight were always going to be popular and were put in the costa coffee area. Doesnt take much forward planning really!!

• Moderators

They could always move things around a bit .. the other side is fine because there's a lot of space, they can't have guests directly opposite John Lewis but perhaps a couple on the other side because there's more space there and no massive shops. Just needs spreading out a bit I guess ... it's hard to get through the middle of the dealer section because that's always so busy.

This is probablly a really stupid idea... how about areas marked out with those queue barrier thingies that were purely for moving straight through... then people could stand and gawp outside this area.... it would be a bit like a bus lane I guess....

I know really stupid idea!

i'm worried about queues! Although, not complaining, because there are so many entrances i;m worried about queues. I really think it would be a good idea to enforce - THIS DOOR, ONLY ENTRANCE FOR SEAN ASTIN QUEUE type thingys!

I think it just needs to be as clear as possible wherever you are, where you have to go for stuff. I've never even been to Milton Keynes before, let alone to MK Centre and Collectormania, so the thing I'm worried about is getting lost and missing out on meeting people because the queues will be too long. I'll be there very, very early due to the slightly mad timings of coaches that go down to MK from Manchester but if I get lost (which happens a lot), I'm stuffed :huh:

Gem09 - don;t worry things are very very clearly marked out! The boards that are put on the top of the guests stands are so huge you can;t miss em. Also showmasters have an info desk and they can tell u anything u need to know! :lol:

Although I dunno where the info desk is gonna go as i was there on sunday and the centre:MK have now got this huge glass info thing where the showmasters info stand normally go?! :huh:

There will be no need to worry about crowds and space issues. SM employ a highly trained crew to make sure that things go smoothly.

:huh:

Paul

• Moderators

Just cuz we're crew, doesn't mean things go smoothly lol sure we try our best but the fact is that some members of the public DO get abusive when asked to move on to clear some space up for people. It does make it very tricky to manage when people are like that so if everyone could just be a bit considerate and help us then that'd be great :(