6 NATIONS THREAD

@field

Worst display in rugby... Ireland... Your having a laugh matey.

England are playing the worst rugby they have played for 15 years, and for once its all going to s*** for them. The referees are no longer in awe of England and are quite rightly dishing it out. All the world cup legends are gone, and now it seems this England team are on the verge of winning one of the games most sort after trophies............. THE WOODEN SPOON :headscratch::frankie::jason:

NOW THAT.......THATS COOL!!

Edited by MRR2310

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England are playing the worst rugby they have played for 15 years, and for once its all going to s*** for them. The referees are no longer in awe of England and are quite rightly dishing it out. All the world cup legends are gone, and now it seems this England team are on the verge of winning one of the games most sort after trophies............. THE WOODEN SPOON :headscratch::frankie::jason:

when i said worst displays i actually meant performance required to win the grand slam

in terms of the teams recent form ireland and wales do deserve to be at the top but they are not playing that well themselves.

and just in case i confused anyone when i mentioned charlie's kicking i meant tactical kicking as he did make his penalties and conversion today

England are playing the worst rugby they have played for 15 years, and for once its all going to s*** for them. The referees are no longer in awe of England and are quite rightly dishing it out. All the world cup legends are gone, and now it seems this England team are on the verge of winning one of the games most sort after trophies............. THE WOODEN SPOON  :headscratch:  :frankie:  :jason:

when i said worst displays i actually meant performance required to win the grand slam

in terms of the teams recent form ireland and wales do deserve to be at the top but they are not playing that well themselves.

and just in case i confused anyone when i mentioned charlie's kicking i meant tactical kicking as he did make his penalties and conversion today

I agree with you.

I guess what your saying is that for once all 6 teams are on an even keel. Theres no team thats any better than the rest in this years championship. Its always been Englands championship to lose in the past and i suppose quite rightly so......

But this year its been anyones championship to WIN. I hope that Wales and Ireland go to Cardiff looking for the grand slam, that would make for an amazing match, and an amazing **** up in Cardiff for me after... Whoever wins... But im hoping for a Welsh slam of course!

i actually think Wales have played the best in the tournament so far, and i think will beat Ireland.

That would be if the ref didnt get a lift to the ground on the Ireland coach like he did today

Corry is the best player for England right now, whereas Thompson is on the verge of being ridiculously crap.

i actually think Wales have played the best in the tournament so far, and i think will beat Ireland.

That would be if the ref didnt get a lift to the ground on the Ireland coach like he did today

Corry is the best player for England right now, whereas Thompson is on the verge of being ridiculously crap.

England are lacking a leader... Ever since Johnson and Dallalio and i suppose Woodward left the team they just dont seem to have any really strong characters too lead the team and put themselves about on the field of play.

I dont have the answer on how to change and if im honest i could care less about England, but a solid leader pref. from the pack is a good place to start.

true.

i think Corry will become that player tbh.

But you could see how much more confident they got when Dawson came on, so why not play him from the start?

its all far too annoying.

anyway, we'll win the next 2 :wub:

Wales will probably win overall, even though i'd much prefer Ireland to win.

Right having now composed myself after spending most of sunday shouting at the television and being generally completly furious, i shall now make my report

First off France vs Wales, i joined this game 20 mins in and though hmm thats pretty much what i expected.

Then came the second half... What the hell was said in that Welsh dressing room?

This was one of the best games of rugby i have ever seen! Both sides played brilliant. Its great to see the french getting back that famous french flair which has been missing of late, and wales are just going from strength to strength

I felt tense and i didnt care who won!

And so we come to england...

sorry just had to count to ten.

Firstly Well done ireland, they kept good control over the game, O'Gara definatly deserved man of the match and it hopefully sets it up well for a grand slam decider against Wales on the final day.

Right I said before that i fancied this game, and by the looks of it so did England. Elements of their game had improved and they pushed ireland all the way. Plus it was good to see Charlie Hodgson land that 50 meter kick, that guy really needed that. However there we are still making the same mistakes in our game plan. The lineout is just **** poor, its not just the throwing, but the whole musical chairs that occurs before its thrown in, it needs to go back to basics. When backs got the ball there was never a sense of danger when they attack, its like they are just going through the motions. It has to be more dynamic and creative (look at wales, no set moves, just creativity), Jason robinson is no longer our get out of jail free card. But the main problem is the breakdown. The rucks were not being cleared out, the ball came out far to slow, and momentum is lossed. To many times ireland came through to spoil the ball, the ball should have gone 3 seconds before they had the chance. Plus i have to say the ref was very narrow minded in his decisions in players holding the ball when tackled, especially when its the tackler that is causing it, and the two disallowed tries.... WTF!!!

But deal with it, rock and roll. Thats gonna happen, Some new players are getting good match experience and it looks good for the future when england have a fully fit squad and better creativity

And wooden spoon... Dont talk s*** man :lol:

Edited by @field

What the hell was said in that Welsh dressing room?

Well it should be bottled and sold on eBay.. :lol:

Andy Robinson could put in a good bid and then put it in the England water bottles :lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

SCOTLAND 22 v WALES 46

Despite a spirited Scottish fight back in the second half, Wales go to Cardiff with a possible Grand Slam title still on the cards.

Only the Irish to beat not an easy match for Wales. This time next week we will know.

WOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by MRR2310

Get in there! We beat the mighty giants of rugby that is... Italy.

But seriously good performance from the lads, hopefully we can try and build some momentum from here. And leave corry as captain

Wales played some fantasic rugby, breathtaking. Shame ireland didnt get the win and france, but its still anyones championship!

I find myself now trying to work out what the lions 15 will be. The creative palyers are there in abundance, be also need some big game winners, people who are gonna turn it around when the s*** is hitting the fan. Definates to go would be:

england: corry, lewsey, robinson, kay, moody, smith

ireland: o'gara, o'drisole, murphy,

Wales: peel, henson, shane williams, williams (7), stephen jones,

scotland: cusiter, and the number 11 dont know his name

hooker spot is definatly up for grabs, plus who do you put at 10, o'gara or jones?

If ypur lookig for some one to be there when the S*** hits the fan you have to include Cockbain, he won't back down from anyone or anything....

Think that makes 7 probables from the welsh team.. and maybe a couple more of possibles. I would like to include Kevin Morgan at full back but I'm not sure if he's played enough international games over last couple of years....

C'mon Wales...........

:lol::D:o

At the end of the day it all came down to two teams..... WALES and whoever played England!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

soooooooo funny :rolleyes:

:P

world champions ;)

England are getting back on track

did anyone watch the 7's world cup?

Well the news just keeps getting better and better. Wales have now moved above England in the official world rankings! Today the grand slam... tomorow the world HAHAHAHA :lol::wub::P

today the 6 nations, tomorrow... England will still be world champions

sorry, its the facts

Well the news just keeps getting better and better. Wales have now moved above England in the official world rankings! Today the grand slam... tomorow the world HAHAHAHA  :unsure:  :huh:  :P

today the 6 nations, tomorrow... England will still be world champions

sorry, its the facts

Yep cant disagree with you there, England are in name world champions, i think there are 2 maybe 3 players from that team still in the team hence why they are at number 7 in the world rankings and slipping but hey world champions they are.

I really hope that wilkinson gets over his injury and gets back into the game, i think the lions need him and he's too young to have his career ended, even though a fit Wilko should take over our NEIL JENKINS as all time points record holder.

But if he dont our GAVIN HENSON will be a more than ample replacement.

Lets just see how many English players get in compared to the Welsh boys shall we. More to the point how many World Cup winners will there be on the lions tour? Ummmmmm not many!

But whatever happens, the lions are the lions, Great Britain as a whole and the whole country should unite behind them!

EVEN YOU AND ME KB :P:P:P

oh dear....

i totally agree :unsure:

it would be a great shame if Wilkinson has a short career due to injury.

I think they rushed his return this time just to keep the profile of rugby up, but that was a mistake.