Livejournal....

POTATOES

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it acceptable to beat people to death with the stilletos, should they **** you off?

The shoes are of poor quality, far better to take the shoes off, unclip the metal rail and use that.

Or else confuse them by using long, complicated, 5 letter words :unsure:.

If there was any rules against it then I'd remove it but I can't really cuz .. well, there's no such rule really :unsure:

"Please use these boards for the purpose they were intended, ie a harmless, friendly, fun exchange of information. Please think twice before posting sensitive topics. This forum is not the place for highly emotive or contraversial issues to be discussed."

Doesn't seem that fun to be :unsure:.

Update #5: 1:58 pm: approaching 24 hours of downtime... *sigh* We're still at it. We'll be doing a full write-up when we're done, including what we'll be changing to make sure verify/restore operations don't take so long if this is ever necessary again. The good news is the databases already migrated to InnoDB did fine. The bad news (obviously) is that our verify/restore plan isn't fast enough. And also that some of our machine's storage subsystems lie. Anyway, we're still at it... it's long because we're making sure to back up even the partially out of sync databases that we're restoring, just in case we encounter any problems down the road with the restored copy, we'll be able to merge them. And unfortunately backups and networks are too slow.

As much as I'd love to complain, I'm happy in the knowledge that the LJ Stud sysadmins are still at it :gorgeous:.

i dont want to know the technical jargon... i just want to know WHEN ill be allowed my precious eljay back!

Non-techie translation is that most of the stuff is going fine, but some of the databases where LiveJournals are kept haven't saved up to the crash, so they're having to check and update them all from backups, but that takes ages to do, which is why they're still offline, but they're planning on adding big batteries underneath the servers to keep them ticking if the electricity goes again.

i dont want to know the technical jargon... i just want to know WHEN ill be allowed my precious eljay back!

Non-techie translation is that most of the stuff is going fine, but some of the databases where LiveJournals are kept haven't saved up to the crash, so they're having to check and update them all from backups, but that takes ages to do, which is why they're still offline, but they're planning on adding big batteries underneath the servers to keep them ticking if the electricity goes again.

just as i suspected :gorgeous:

lol cheers

:lol:

so its still broke then... :wub:

someone entertain me! :gorgeous: i want songs and dances and aminals and poems and laughter and joy....cos i get all that on lj -_- hmmm..yeah right....but still... -_-

• Moderators

Naomiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Live Journal isn't working for meeeeeeeeee

So let's all watch the BBC and ITV with all the crap on the Tele!

Naomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This night is just the same as the last one

When we sat at our PCs having lots of funnnnnn

And you didn't shoot me with a gun, or hit me with a bun, but we've only just begunnnnnnnn cuz ...

LIVE JOURNAL IS A PIECE OF SHÍT

IT DOESN'T WANNA WORK ONE SINGLE BIT

THEY GIVE LIL AMUSING UPDATES TO THAT MAN CALLED KIT

BUT WE ALL JUST WANNA GIVE IT A HITTTTTTTTT

BANG BANG BANG

:gorgeous: