RAW RESULTS

DavidB

I don't understand why they are using Carlito to further the feud between Jericho and Cena. Carlito isn't really deserving of the push he's getting so hopefully Shelton Benjamin will help out Cena tonight to set up a rematch for the IC Title between Shelton and Carlito for Summerslam. They should bring back Brutus Beefcake to shave Carlito's head afterwards too :P

OMG TOTALLY!!!!!!!

I cant believe Wighead is getting all this exposure! Hes s***e! Raaaaaaaar!

See! He makes me say 'Raaaaaaar' all the time! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It was Montreal, Shawn needs to go into Summerslam as the fully fledged HEEL against Hogan, and when you look back at the Hogan ****-take that Shawn did ... people LOVED it! That's not gonna get him booed and jeered against Hogan, so they needed to do something strong to get his proper heel heat, and it couldn't have worked any better! It worked out well having the last Raw before Summerslam in Montreal of all places.

I'm not so convinced about Bret coming back. He's obviously on "good" terms with Vince as the DVD was done, and Bret could have easily allowed Vince to use his name etc on Raw to get back in the fans' minds. It doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back, cuz I think it'd take a lot to get Bret back on TV.

I just don't think he'd get on TV for the sake of selling a DVD, not after everything that's gone on in the past 8 years or so. It's not like Animal over on Smackdown having a crap run as tag team champion just to try and shift some DVDs. This is Bret Hart, and the story runs so deep.

I'm not saying I don't want him on there, but certainly not wasted as a bit-part in a storyline for OTHER people. If Bret comes back, it needs to be about Bret. That's what he deserves.

• Moderators

I do want him back! Don't get me wrong. It's just I really don't want him coming back just as a bit-player in the HBK/Hogan storyline. As much as I like both Shawn and Hulk, Bret's always gonna be my favourite wrestler and I wanna see him come back under the right circumstances.

What would be the right circumstances? I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't wanna see him taint his legacy as such - like the way they're using Animal on Smackdown, it's totally pointless. I loved LOD in their prime, and it's just a waste of time having him and Heidenreich week in week out beating jobbers.

I'd like to think that Bret has one more match in him, but I'm not sure if he'd go for it. Then again I never thought Shawn would come back and luckily he DID and we've had some of the best matches in WWE from him since then.

One thing that I do believe - if Bret came back, it'd have to be in Canada. Give him the respect he fully deserves, and that's the one place he's gonna get it more than anywhere else.

I do want him back! Don't get me wrong. It's just I really don't want him coming back just as a bit-player in the HBK/Hogan storyline. As much as I like both Shawn and Hulk, Bret's always gonna be my favourite wrestler and I wanna see him come back under the right circumstances.

What would be the right circumstances? I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't wanna see him taint his legacy as such - like the way they're using Animal on Smackdown, it's totally pointless. I loved LOD in their prime, and it's just a waste of time having him and Heidenreich week in week out beating jobbers.

I'd like to think that Bret has one more match in him, but I'm not sure if he'd go for it. Then again I never thought Shawn would come back and luckily he DID and we've had some of the best matches in WWE from him since then.

One thing that I do believe - if Bret came back, it'd have to be in Canada. Give him the respect he fully deserves, and that's the one place he's gonna get it more than anywhere else.

845563[/snapback]

I honestly don't think he'll wrestle again... to be honest, I think he'd be mad to! He's seen enough death amongst people he's know professionally, to know that it's not worth it. He's had a stroke and to me, that's natures way of saying 'no more getting dropped on your head'!!

I think it'd be nice to see him at Summerslam just getting some recognition for all his work with the WWe, but that's all.

I honestly don't think he'll wrestle again... to be honest, I think he'd be mad to! He's seen enough death amongst people he's know professionally, to know that it's not worth it. He's had a stroke  and to me, that's natures way of saying 'no more getting dropped on your head'!!

I think it'd be nice to see him at Summerslam just getting some recognition for all his work with the WWe, but that's all.

845672[/snapback]

Interesting.... Brett to run in and screw Michaels anyone?

• Moderators

I've been thinking about the ending of HBK/Hogan and who would go over, and I really can't decide!

I don't want to see Shawn get buried by Hogan, he deserves a lot better and to be fair I can't see it being believable that Hulk would actually beat Shawn.

On the other hand, I can't see Hogan wanting to put over Shawn ... although he has put others over in the past, but right now he seems to need to look strong.

I personally want Shawn to win but I'm just not sure.

Maybe the screwjob ending is the only way. And if it's Bret, I won't mind so much :D

I think the only way Shawn can lose is if Bret showed up. Plus, as Shawn had the upper hand at the end of Raw typically it would mean Hogan should win.

I think it's feasible to have Hogan win, but Shawn needs to kick out of the Legdrop at least once because it would be stupid to have Hogan destroy him. Plus if Hogan wins Shawn needs to hit him with Sweet Chin Music straight after the match to keep some heat on himself.

• Moderators

If it's done like Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania then it could work well, although I'm still not convinced about Hogan going over.

I agree about kicking out of the legdrop, Shawn needs to do that. And if he does lose, I'd want him to absolutely DESTROY Hogan after ... not just one kick, that's not enough n it's been done before. He'd need to do something stronger.

I'm actually really looking forward to the match cuz it's not predictable at all! This and Rey/Eddie make the PPV for me.

If it's done like Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania then it could work well, although I'm still not convinced about Hogan going over.

I agree about kicking out of the legdrop, Shawn needs to do that. And if he does lose, I'd want him to absolutely DESTROY Hogan after ... not just one kick, that's not enough n it's been done before. He'd need to do something stronger.

I'm actually really looking forward to the match cuz it's not predictable at all! This and Rey/Eddie make the PPV for me.

845864[/snapback]

You mean you're not excited by seeing Matt Hardy vs Edge? Have to admit I'm not that much anymore either. They seem to have slowed down on this a little now or is it just me?

I think the Smackdown portion of Summerslam with the exception of Eddie/Rey is going to be quite poor, unless Orton can work another miracle and put on another good match with Taker.

• Moderators

I was ... but now it has slowed down like ya said.

The thing about Matt/Edge is there's not been any "non-sanctioned" or No DQ type thing given to the match as far as I'm aware ... and it needs to be!

If they're supposed to hate each other so damn much and want to kill each other then why the hell are they having a normal match!

Don't get me wrong, I know it's all scripted lol but sometimes it's just so silly - just like as much as I love seeing Eddie/Rey wrestle ... having a kid as the "prize" as such? Don't be stupid lol

I think Orton/Taker could be good, just cuz I like Randy and it's good seeing the future of the business ... but he needs to go over.

And give Benoit the damn US Title, I don't care if that match has had no build up, at least we'll get some quality matches in the future.

Fair point about Benoit, I can't believe he didn't win the belt at the Bash especially as OJ doesn't seem to be doing anything at all right now.

Problem is, who is Benoit going to defend the title against because there are only so many matches he can have against Christian and we all know how much WWE likes him at the moment.

• Moderators

Benoit could have a good feud with Regal now he's a proper heel. It'd actually be nice to have some WRESTLING on Smackdown! I know, I know ... a crazy idea!!

I wouldn't mind Christian getting a decent push in a US Title feud actually, it'd be at least what he deserves right now and he's not gonna get anywhere near the World Title cuz he's been totally buried there!

Maybe Eddie after the Rey feud has finished? (Whenever the hell that'll be!)

The only other person I can think of that is mid-card and would actually put on some good matches is Juvi .. but he's more a comedy act right now with the Mexicools.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well it needs to last for a while seeing as there's not many face women right now ... if Trish goes heel then it's overcrowded with Lita, Victoria, Torrie etc ... and it'll be pointless.

I'm bored of the Masterlock crap, I hope Shawn moves on to something better after this Sunday.

They better use the 3 hour show to start building something REALLY good.

Flair/HHH has the potential to be good.

iv been getting bored with the masterlock for a while now i think that he could b really good if he was used better but no chance of that really is there when he has THE MASTER LOCK lol

My hubby jumped out of his seat when he saw trish come out the smile said it all lol

I would love to see trips and flair feud it would be good

i just think she is better suited as a heel.

866603[/snapback]

Trish is way better as a heel, she actually has a character for a start but due to the fact that Victoria and Lita are the only other women who can actually wrestle and are both heels I suppose there was no other option but for Trish to return as a face.

Either way it's great to see "The Dish" back on Raw :unsure: