Steve Kloves steps aside

nightprowler

This from Moviehole........

Kloves off Harry Potter

Posted on Thr, 11-Nov-2004

Akin to "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban", there's going to be a major change behind-the-scenes for Harry Potter's fifth adventure, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix".

Producer David Heyman tells ComingSoon.net that Steven Kloves, who wrote the first four "Potter" pics, will be stepping aside for number five. He'll be replaced by Michael Goldenberg, who penned P.J Hogan's so-so "Peter Pan" redo.

Heyman tells the site that Kloves has decided to swap his typewriter for a lens, and is returning to directing. He'll do a film version of Mark Haddon's best-selling novel "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time", which Heyman will also produce.

The aforesaid "Potter" sequel will be in cinemas Spring or Fall 2007.

Hmmm - on the one hand, to have kept the same screen writer might have given a sense of cohesion to the whole series, but then again, maybe the new guy will keep in some of the scenes people want to see *cough*Dursleys*cough*

Guess we'll just have to wait, cos of course, like GoF being one or two movies, we the viewing public (and fans!) will have no say whatsoever...

you know... im pretty sad that hes stepping aside but i really like the new choice. Michael Goldenberg is really good. i just loved peter pan. it has such a magical feel to it "i do believe in fairies. i do! i do!" *sob* so i have every confidence in him.

=x=