Was you one of the young girls.........

That was a nightmare showing, the woman in front of us was text messaging and the father didn't seem interested in keeping a lid on the kids, who were really far too young to be in there. They couldn't have been more than 5 or 6. I think they were bored rigid. We ended up going again after it came out on general release as we were so exasperated we didn't enjoy it all. I lost track of the last twenty minutes as I was seething so much. :(

It's a shame really as we want to go and see Pirates of the Caribbean tomorrow morning, and my hubby stays up from his night shift so we can see stuff before Bargain Day and it gets ruined like that. :D Puts us off going.

Oh well *thinks positive thoughts*

:D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of rotting everyone's teeth and making you regurgitate food at a rate of knots... :blink:

Could I just say that there's been some very interesting stuff on this thread? ;) It seems to me that in general, the feeling is that we hope S/M can get some whup-ass security in place so that everyone gets what they want with the minimum of fuss and the maximum of satisfaction all round. We all want to have our time with the guests to be for us and not have other people muscling in on the act - and really, considering the distances some people will have travelled and the costs incurred, I don't think that's a lot to ask. :blush:

And Katchoo and Arwen - your story is amazing! :o Freaky in a good way! :lol:

I now want Katchoo cloned and copies placed in every single movie theatre around the country... :D:wub:

well it looks like some people have got really annoyed with the people hanging around billy on the saturday. i must admit *ducks to avoid the many punches* that i was sat quite close to billy for a little while on the saturday!!! im sorry!!! but i wasnt really close, i wasnt screaming, i didnt trample the plants and i definately didnt have a video camera!! i hope i wasnt a disturbance to anyone... i dont thnk i was because i was really quiet... honest.

i had someone stick their fingers up behing billys head!!!! can u believe that.... i was sooo annoyed! but i didnt hear any screaming... when did that happen?? i must take a stand and say "screaming is NOT good!" if u want to really annoy people and scare the guests off so they never come back thinking 'those freaks at collectormania...' then go ahead... but be prepared to meet the wrath of many people... i dont think we should have to tolerate it and the guests certainly shouldnt either!

Yes!! :D *high-fives* At the risk of sounding patronising, can I just say "wise by user-name and wise by nature"?! :blush:

Edited by yeltz-lass

Hi Poppy!

Could the people have accidentally got into your photos (apart from that one where someone were sticking there hands above their hands - thats nasty)?

Good point! :blush: Fair enough!! :wub:

Screaming brats- that was very very very evil and they should have been killed but maybe they didn't realise what an effect they were having on everyone else?

You have to hope they didn't to be honest - but even so... :blink:

However everyone is usually lovely on this forum - so to get everyone so angry they must have been awful.

Bless you! :lol: I think that's the whole crux of it really, Poppy - a whole bunch of people who probably wouldn't normally get so aggrieved but were pushed to the limit on this occasion.

Obviously there are people behind you in queues but they should respect that everyone wants to meet the person that they are waiting to see.  Obviously everyone is excited but everyone should also have consideration shouldn't they?

Exactly! Treat the people behind and ahead of you in the queues as you'd like to be treated. ;)

Here endeth my sermon! :D

Edited by yeltz-lass

I now want Katchoo cloned and copies placed in every single movie theatre around the country...  

LOL !! :blink::D

I'm also quite proficient at getting up and opening a can of whup-ass on the staff if they show the film in the wrong format/halfway up the screem or with a knackered soundtrack. :lol:

Ecstatic to report a highly enjoyable and trouble free screening of Pirates of the Caribbean today, woo and yay !! It was touch and go for about 2 minutes as some girls were jabbering but about four people all went "sssshhhh" at the same time and they shut up.

I agree with the comments about having a screen at the end or higher ones, or at least preventing the bottlenecking that happened by Billy's table. I was lucky I got my pic with him in front of his table, so there's not 30 people behind us, but most people didn't. Would have been a major improvement on the photo if I hadn't been in it though. Alas, I am small but not so perfectly formed... :blush:

Edited by Katchoo

so pleeeease SHOWMASTERS pleeease put the stars in a room or rooms that only ppl with nombers can get into. ..i think it's alsow much safer for the stars themselves and will be a lot more plesent to everey one.

thanks in advance ;)

Yes yes yes please showmasters a private room would be a great idea.

you have to pay for your autography go in meet them and have your 2 minutes and then leave :lol: please i beg you a private room please ^_^

so pleeeease SHOWMASTERS pleeease  put the stars in a room or rooms that only ppl with nombers can get into. ..i think it's alsow much safer for the stars themselves and will be a lot more plesent to everey one.

thanks in advance  ;)

Yes yes yes please showmasters a private room would be a great idea.

you have to pay for your autography go in meet them and have your 2 minutes and then leave :lol: please i beg you a private room please ^_^

There are no private rooms available at MK shopping centre I know this cause my friend works there and it just isnt possible. Also how would you feel if you failed to get a ticket to meet the guys and nerver even got to see them in the flesh. Im not going soft but if the security is better around the guys then everything shouold be okay. Please one thing though SM please dont put them where JRD was cause then we have no chance of getting a decent pic with them because of the tables. Or if that is the only was round it then can you make sure each table has a gap so that the guys can get through so we dont have to lean right in plus we wont get decent hugs if there is a dirty great table in the way.

LilElfGirlxx

Ecstatic to report a highly enjoyable and trouble free screening of Pirates of the Caribbean today, woo and yay !! It was touch and go for about 2 minutes as some girls were jabbering but about four people all went "sssshhhh" at the same time and they shut up.

Did you go for the 11am screening on Saturday...? :lol: LOL...

Did you go for the 11am screening on Saturday...? :headscratch: LOL...

Don't tell me you were in that as well???? Lol ! :rolleyes:

Mmm private rooms, I have to admit it has an appeal but the main selling point of Collectormania (imo) is it's accessibility, at least if you can't afford to get everyone's monikers you could still gawp for a bit. I know I won't be able to afford all the ones I want to get...

I did wonder, with there being 7 LotR guests whether they would all be in the section facing outwards, but that only works if they're there all three days. IMVHO I think where Billy Boyd and Andy Serkis were last time was a good place...

Did you go for the 11am screening on Saturday...?  :headscratch:  LOL...

Don't tell me you were in that as well???? Lol ! :rolleyes:

Oh dear... that is really strange! I take it you *were* there then...?

See I thought I saw you... and considering I ended up a few rows behind you I did think 'this is so odd'!

Next time I see you I'll have to say something as it's unfair I know what you look like, but you don't know what I look like! I was tempted to say something... but it would have been *very* weird had it not been you!! :huh:

Hey, I new =) and I dont know that this will work, but here is a pic of me: http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?mpp=42...R64jYx5lc$

If that does work and I am one of these girls, (I was wearing a black top on the Sunday which is when I was with Billy) I would like to apologise to anyone and everyone I may have annoyed.

However in my defense I would like to point out that anytime I conversed with Billy (that wasnt when I'd qued to meet him) it was Billy that initiated the conversation. But I still apologise, and I am actually upset that I may have been one of these girls. I was not involved in the screaming on the Saturday but I was there on the Sunday, and can only say that I was incredibly excited, as were many people, and that I am genuinely sorry.

(Oh and, sorry about the lateness of my reply, a friend of mine told me about this thread whilst my comp was down and I only got my new one today)

Hey, I new =) and I dont know that this will work, but here is a pic of me: http://members.msn.com/default.msnw?mpp=42...R64jYx5lc$

If that does work and I am one of these girls, (I was wearing a black top on the Sunday which is when I was with Billy) I would like to apologise to anyone and everyone I may have annoyed.

However in my defense I would like to point out that anytime I conversed with Billy (that wasnt when I'd qued to meet him) it was Billy that initiated the conversation. But I still apologise, and I am actually upset that I may have been one of these girls. I was not involved in the screaming on the Saturday but I was there on the Sunday, and can only say that I was incredibly excited, as were many people, and that I am genuinely sorry.

(Oh and, sorry about the lateness of my reply, a friend of mine told me about this thread whilst my comp was down and I only got my new one today)

Nice of you to appologise it does mean a lot but in our defence we were all excited to meet Billy and Andy but I didnt stand there screaming and spoiling everybody elses time. I dunno what you were like as I was there on the Saturday and it was BAD it better not happen this time or Im gonna kick some Brat Ass

LilElfGirlxx

Got to admit that your post bothered me a bit after reading it. :P I'm sorry if you feel upset to think that you may have been one of the girls who annoyed other attendees here - I think it's easy to forget that while we' re feeling aggrieved about what happened, most of those involved genuinely didn't realise the effect they were having and, like you, actually wouldn't've wanted to upset anyone for the world. Of course you were excited - would be surprised if you weren't! ;) - and I can well imagine that everything goes clean out of your head in that situation. ;) I think if you weren't actually actively screaming and yelling and spoiling the time other people were having with Billy and Andy, then you really shouldn't be beating yourself up about it. :P And if you were? Well, you've apologised and FWIW, IMHO that means a lot! :D

Ooh, I am so in this thing. When I was meeting Billy and Tom Felton the fan girls were getting all rowdy so I hardly got to speak to them at all... In my photo with Billy Boyd there's a bunch of girls leaping up and down in the background. :blink:

Sorry to be grouchy but I was the one paying the money here :angry:

And I agree with the talking in the cinema thing, I went to see Pirates of the Carribean the other day (really good film btw) and there were a load of people going 'ooooooooooh woooooooo' at the beginning and then all these girls kept going 'oooh orlando bloom' which was kind of annoying. (yeah i know he's beyond hot but i was trying to watch the film here)

Ok, rant over :lol: