the Surfy Sah

surfy_sah

this thread is inspired by two things: my love of sign language and also Vicky (Tiggerific)!

ooow wait three things soz! also signing to some deaf people at c6 and in London, soo cwl!!! :lol:

I always wanted to be able to sign :lol: and started to learn in college 2 years ago. Unfortunately I haven't been able to since Feb when I came to uni :(

anyways when I stayed with Vicky when we went to London to meet Gary last weekend, they have those like ticket barriers so she couldn't come on to the platform when she dropped me at the station. luckilly there was like a huge glass window so we waved! :D then instinct to sign took over!! though Vicky didn't know what on earth I was saying!!! :D

so I am creating this thread to post some signs and have some fun :lol:

don't worry - TIS relevant to SG!! honest!!! might prove to be quite useful on future missions when the radio breaks down or accross base like the c6 party venue!!! :lol:

ooow and it comes in handy when you have a bad throat! *although only if your mates can sign*!!! hehe! :lol:

so here we go, *starts with basics*:

ooow! one very important thing! *FACIAL EXPRESSION is EVERYTHING and adds meanings to words!!!*

hello - get hand shoulder height and wave!!! (smile helpful!)

drink - make c-shape with your hand and take to mouth (very helpful in pub type venues!!!)

please - fingertips touch chin and pull away a little bit (can end in closed fist)

th_please.gif

thankyou - same as please but more exaggerated (pull away further!)

ummm yess there's some great starters for you! if anyone wants me to post their name lemme know!!! :wub:

Luv sah xx :lol:

Hmm I not sure useful it would be but umm

Biscuit - pat your left elbow with your right hand

erm

Dance - clasp your hands in front of your chest and do a wavy arm kinda thing...i think

Just met cute guest - back of hand to forehead and swooning action. :lol:

See told you :wub: Thats all I remember from Brownies (yes I was sweet and innocent at one point) cause we had a girl that used sign language.

And another that can come in handy when teenie boppers get in your way *ahem*

I went into WHSMITHS to get a copy of TV Zone, looked through it and it was rubbish so put it back and then walked to Boots as I needed some spot creame and no I aint that bad with spots before you ask, I just have a few.

Anyway when I was waiting to ask somebody where the spot stuff where located I was asked to be searched as a lady accused me of stealing a knife from WHSmiths, so i first said no and then he made me step aside and empty my bag. I said, this is my books, this is my alien figure and that was it and they walked away.

Now thinking about it I should have asked for their name, if they were from WHsmiths and should have asked if they had ID.

:headscratch:

I went into WHSMITHS to get a copy of TV Zone, looked through it and it was rubbish so put it back and then walked to Boots as I needed some spot creame and no I aint that bad with spots before you ask, I just have a few.

Anyway when I was waiting to ask somebody where the spot stuff where located I was asked to be searched as a lady accused me of stealing a knife from WHSmiths, so i first said no and then he made me step aside and empty my bag. I said, this is my books, this is my alien figure and that was it and they walked away.

Now thinking about it I should have asked for their name, if they were from WHsmiths and should have asked if they had ID.

:P

Sorry to hear that. Dont want to be mean but how is this connected to sign language? of did you use the universal one finger sign at the person?!?!?!?

I don't suppose there is one goa'ulds on your six , head for the Stargate?

How about just Star Gate!?

BTW - this is very cool!

I am trying to find the signs for "star" and "gate" but couldn't when I posted this as Vicky did mention it and no luck :wub::wub:

however, I have got my sign bible out so wish me luck, I'll go through it laters :unsure:

otherwise I am meeting the cool Deaf People at LFACC2 as they said they would like to hang out and sign together so I can ask them then :wub:

thanks for the interest guys!

Luv sah xx