just out of curiosity...

There WAS one, around 9ish I think, before the band started. folks in costume were beckoned down towards the dancefloor. the MC gave shout outs for some (I'm reliably informed not all) of those who had heeded the call.

How the judging went and who won, I don't know because the whole thing was such a mess, and it meant perhaps shorter queues at the Bar (ever hopeful, I know)

The Fancy Dress competition at the party, placings were:

1. Hell Boy

2. Tron

3. Rimmer

Competiton took place on the dance floor at about 9.30 p.m.

Felt a bit sorry for the judge, as he couldn't see a lot of them.

Judged by how loud we all clapped and cheered I think.

Well done to all the people that did dress up though, you all looked great, and it must have taken you a lot of time.

Must admit I spent the whole of Saturday (including the party) dressed as Van Helsing (fri and sun in partial costume). At the party due to my love of the cars (sad I know) I didn't hear any call for the competition (I was outside). Now that didn't really bother me cos just going in costume was fun enough, but I'm curious if any one else missed out who did want to be judged?

I was very disappointed about the costume competition, at conventions it's the one thing that highlights the evening when you know people have spent ages making them.

We were at the bar end when it happened (not trying to get drinks thankfully :P ) You could barely hear anything at that end the acoustics were really poor ;)

Suddenly it was like "and the costumes are for those of you who can't see" .... we heard loads of names called out like Queen Amildala, Electra, Tron, Catwoman, Hellboy, Kitt car, etc etc

Apparently the people in costume were all shunted in shoulder to shoulder, hardly any of the audience could see (I'm guessing unless you were already down the front for the band :angry: ) and voting was just on the loudess audience shoutout.

With the poor lighting in the room, you couldn't even see anyone walking around much, never mind if they were in costume ;)

Must admit I spent the whole of Saturday (including the party) dressed as Van Helsing (fri and sun in partial costume). At the party due to my love of the cars (sad I know) I didn't hear any call for the competition (I was outside). Now that didn't really bother me cos just going in costume was fun enough, but I'm curious if any one else missed out who did want to be judged?

i think i saw you walking around on the saturday...i was dressed as the purple catwoman...i really wanted to get a pic of you but my mate had the camera and then i couldn't find you....you got any pics?

Disappointed is an understatement. Many people had put alot of effort in to those costumes and the competition did not do their work justice. If you wheren't at the front then you couldn't see or been seen. Very annoying for those in costume stood at the back. Total shambles!

However, it was nice to hear peoples comments before and after the competition though.

I thought the costume comp was pretty poorly organised but what're you going to do? The people who won did have good costumes

I nearly missed it and probably would have done if not for the random person who tappd me on the shoulder while I was at the bar and asked me why I wasn't up there with everyone else (thanks random person!) so I had to run up (sorry to anyone I knocked into on my way over!)

Must admit I spent the whole of Saturday (including the party) dressed as Van Helsing (fri and sun in partial costume).  At the party due to my love of the cars (sad I know) I didn't hear any call for the competition (I was outside).  Now that didn't really bother me cos just going in costume was fun enough, but I'm curious if any one else missed out who did want to be judged?

i think i saw you walking around on the saturday...i was dressed as the purple catwoman...i really wanted to get a pic of you but my mate had the camera and then i couldn't find you....you got any pics?

I remember you as well, yes I have pics, I will also be going to LFCC (same costume) are you going?

Disappointed is an understatement. Many people had put alot of effort in to those costumes and the competition did not do their work justice. If you wheren't at the front then you couldn't see or been seen. Very annoying for those in costume stood at the back. Total shambles!

However, it was nice to hear peoples comments before and after the competition though.

Well you did rock!!!!! That costume was amazing!!! :blush:

Ive said my piece on the other threads about the party and fancy dress. all ill say is i was severly dissapointed for myself and others who had put such effort into doing a costume for this party and so called competition.Nice to see the costumes were appreciated though via the comments ive read. thanks to all there.

And congratulations to those who won! ;)

but I'm curious if any one else missed out who did want to be judged?

I was missed out, Id spent 2 months putting my costme together (I was Pippin) i spent alot of time making all the leather belts,

scabard,wrist gaurds etc and I spent about a week hand stitching the outline of the tree onto the front, anyways.. Id spent a

hell of alot of time on that costume and although i wasn't expecting to win I would have at least liked to be mentioned but

unfortunatly dispite my jumping up and down and yelling pippin i wasnt even given a glance by the judge. This made me sad but then i found the bar so it was ok again ;)

Edited by cazamir