Was this a disappointing Collectormania?

Ok somebody tell me why Nic Brendon who had an open que and nobody waiting behind me in line, waited about 30 seconds before acknowledging i was standing right in front of him, and then refuses a posed photo. Why refuse a photo, it's not as if he does not have the time to do so!

Best guess (as I'm actually NOT psychic)

If he poses for a photo, then the 2000 OTHER paying 'punters' who've been refused a posed photo for reasons of timing.. get very upset and fed up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont blame carrie fisher for complaining. if you are told you are going to a hotel and you get there and find its s*** with paint peeling rads falling off walls (not syaing hers was or anythignlike that) id complain. and so because im not famous i shoudlnt complain????

I doubt she'd have been put somewhere falling apart! If everyone else was happy it couldnt have been that bad!

To be honest, I'd be quite surprised if there was ANY hotel in MK THAT bad!

Ok somebody tell me why Nic Brendon who had an open que and nobody waiting behind me in line, waited about 30 seconds before acknowledging i was standing right in front of him, and then refuses a posed photo. Why refuse a photo, it's not as if he does not have the time to do so!

well i was there most of sturday and i didnt see an open queue. i presume that most of the time he was there he was extremely busy, and during them times he wouldnt have had time to do a posed photograph, and so even when not that busy he didnt do posed photographs or we would have people complaining that he posed for some and not for others.

i wasnt disappointed by it, basically because i only actually went to meet one of the buffy stars (tom lenk), instead lookign round the stalls. i was actually thoguh really disappointed by some of the staff. i dont know whether they were told to do so, but people standing in front of the queues for the stars were stopping to look. now i understand it can cause traffic problems, but there are other ways round that huge room, so anyone who didnt want to stand and look didnt have to. So when i got yelled at several times for pausing for about 5 seconds i got slightly annoyed. It wasnt even so much the yelling, it was the lack of politeness. Also the bodyguards or whoever they were, when the celebs came out they practically shoved me and my parents out of the way instead of asking us to politely move.

To guests though, i met tom lenk, he seemed nice, i dont know if he was tired or not but he didnt seem tha bothered about it, most of the geusts at least stand to have the picture taken with u, he just turned and he looks rerally miserable, but he did say it was nice to meet you etc so it wasnt altogethr bad.

i enjoyed the party i think that was a definite highlight, mingling with the guests is definitely a good idea, i really hope we can do that again sometime.

yeah true i dont think carrie would have been put into a s*** hotel but merely saying her being famous wouldnt negate her right to complain. if she wanted to go to london fair enough but its an hour 20 mins drive each way at best!!!

well i was there most of sturday and i didnt see an open queue. i presume that most of the time he was there he was extremely busy, and during them times he wouldnt have had time to do a posed photograph, and so even when not that busy he didnt do posed photographs or we would have people complaining that he posed for some and not for others.

From arounf 11:30 today he had an open que

I had a ok time of Friday and met all the people I wanted. Apart from the having lower autograph charges (which SM will not do) I do not think much more could be done.

Reading feedback about the Party it sounds as if this needs looking at if SM attend to do another.

umm.. no? I got his sig at around 2.50 and I was number 361!

I don't know how YOU got him in an open queue! :D

i really wish showmasters would lower prices for personal items, there was a good deal with sam jones autos. if you bought 2 autos then you were given a larger movie photo free of charge that he also signed free of charge. Which meens you were getting 3 signed pictures for £30, wish it were like that with all the guests :angry:

I have to admit my experiance of most guests this weekend was fairly negative, Billy Dee Williams was extremly charmless didnt smile and barely spoke to me. My attitude is if they don't enjoy these events don't attend them. No one is contractually obliged to do them because of film commitments or anything if an actor makes the decision to attend they should accept they are there being paid well to do a job and they should approach it in a professional manner.

As for jet lag some colleagues of mine went to the states recently, landed at 9pm US time and had to attend a confrence on financial services regulation at 7am the next morning. I am sure they would have been only to happy to spend the day signing pictures and smiling!!

i really wish showmasters would lower prices for personal items, there was a good deal with sam jones autos. if you bought 2 autos then you were given a larger movie photo free of charge that he also signed free of charge. Which meens you were getting 3 signed pictures for £30, wish it were like that with all the guests :angry:

Sounds like Sam got it right! Big up to him!

umm.. no? I got his sig at around 2.50 and I was number 361!

I don't know how YOU got him in an open queue!

Trust me it was an open que, i even went up and saw him twice today between 11.30 and 12.30, both times walked right up and did not need a virtual que ticket, sign even said "open que"

from 11:30 to ethe end of the day? cause when i got there, well he was on his lunch break, but i thought it said he had tickets going, but maybe i got the boards confused

I had a ok time of Friday and met all the people I wanted. Apart from the having lower autograph charges (which SM will not do) I do not think much more could be done.

Reading feedback about the Party it sounds as if this needs looking at if SM attend to do another.

really? i didnt think the party was that bad, excepting the fac that i didnt hav a clue what was happening. i really wish theyd said we could go upstairs earlier because i didnt realise we could. maybe next time they could ahve 3 sections, one for the chatting area, one for normal music, and then one for a band if there is one, because i had to leave at 12:15 and the music i enjoyed more started about 11, so was slightly disappointed by that

from 11:30 to ethe end of the day? cause when i got there, well he was on his lunch break, but i thought it said he had tickets going, but maybe i got the boards confused

Dont know if it was till end of the day, met him twice between 11.30 and 12.30 (rough time estimate) que was open both times , only a few people in que very empty.

This was by far the best Collectormania I have been to. The previous one I attended allowed me to meet several great guests, but I had personal issues with some of the people I went with. I also hate big crowds, even more so since I now have to use a walking stick periodically due to muscle fatigue. But this time I went with great people and met great guests. Stacey Kiebler and Test were there, albeit breifly with Stacey as she had to fly back for the RAW show tomorrow night, and both were really chatty evne though they said they were itred from the travelling. They posed for photos and were patient when the batteries went on my digi camera.

Nick Brendan was great and it was nice to see him in better health.

The Trio were superb and all 4 Buffy guests seemed to appreciate the fact we made sure the NO FLASH RULE was adhered to as they were having to make sure with some people.

Adam Busch was great and I picked up 4 new cd's!!! I also asked if I could have a shot with the band rather than just him, and Adam got the others to come round the table and pose for a great photo. Once again Adam Busch made my day as he did at a convention a few years back.

Dwight Schultz was great and had brilliant interaction with Dirk Benedict.

Verne Troyer was great and this was the third time I had tried to meet him!!! I guess THIRD TIME'S A CHARM is true!!!

Julie Caitlyn Brown was a lovely lady and I passed on how much I respected her dignified response to recent matters. She is a lovely lady and loves to have her photo taken. I never knew she was a singer until today either!!!

Also, many thanks to the CREW who made sure I was ok in the lines and that I wasn't standing too long (I walk with a stick now due to some idiot spiking my drink with ecstacy back in June!!!!!)

Met David B off of here who was really nice.

So, this was a cool event and I am looking forward to C7 with Mr Shanks announced!!!

Father Coop.....one happy holy man!!!

Dont know if it was till end of the day, met him twice between 11.30 and 12.30 (rough time estimate) que was open both times , only a few people in que very empty.

probs everyone decided to go get lunch early to try to beat the queues, only instead everyone went and so the place was empty. when i got there about 1ish the queue was massive, and the food places were empty :huh:

Edited by Cazzie15

yes nicolas breedon open que i got him about 11.30 ish , i wasnt even going to bother but saw absolutely no one in the que it did say open queue and got him,

so where will the stars of collectomania stay , will it be the hilton hotel in milton keynes ,

has anyone got the stars at a hotel in milton keynes before or after the show ,

sam jones told me he fllies out tommorow to los angeles from heathrow