Was this a disappointing Collectormania?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I met several guests who were really friendly - clint howard, robert englund, penny johnson, leo rossi etc.

This year I met a few guests and was really dissapointed by how they acted - nic brendon and carrie fisher especially.

Some people have no respect for their fans, I should not have to respect carrie fisher, she should respect people like me for putting her in the position she is in!

I wouldn't want to find out if I were you. If you enjoyed it, thats all that is important ^_^

I don't think it will put me off. I enjoyed the day and the guests I met were nice. Even Nick who spoke to my friend about her uni dissertation (cos she did it on Buffy).

I will come again despite what people say. Just wanted some peoples opinions. Not sure if I'll go to the party again though. :D

I think the responsivness of the guests depends on how they're feeling on that day.

I've you're jet lagged/hung over, you're just not going to be as chirpy, everyone has their bad days!

I think it also makes a difference WHEN you see them. I met Nic this afternoon and I don't know if he was pleased it was nearly over, but he was perfectly pleasant and smiley to me!

i like the variety, it doesn`t just cater to the latest fad film or actor.

as for the guests, yes they should be expected to "act"--they are getting paid and we put them where they are. HOWEVER, let`s face it.............

they`re in a shopping centre in milton keynes (a slight comedown from hollywood)

they`re meeting people face to face, they`re not on a silver screen now

some of the attendees are actually quite scary in a "not here for the fun" type way.

there are ruddy loads of us over 3 days.

and finally, some have queue envy.....declining popularity! Bless

It's nothing to do with jetlag, just face it some of these people you idolise are actually total s***s which have no respect for their fans! Carrie Fisher is an example of one of these.

oh i think it *does* have to do with jetlag. anyone who has traveled transatlantic will tell you how hard it is to grunt, let alone sit there and smile and sign autographs all day, for fans, and for people who obviously do not appreciate it.

im not defending the guests alone, im saying *anyone* who flies transatlantic can barely function, and for anyone to function as well as the guests did is great. and btw if you can trash the guests, i *can* defend them.

why do some people have the need to defend all the guests no matter how rude or anythhing they are, IT IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DEFEND THESE PEOPLE!!

OR, perhaps it's just some of us DIDN'T have a bad experience with them?

If you look through the comments, you also spot that the guests who were the most fun and chatty, were the less busy ones.

If Carrie Fisher had posed for autographs and spent time chatting with everyone, would she have seen so many people? (Ok, cynically, she wouldn't have made so much money either!)

I heard that Carrie was not happy with the hotel she was staying in in MK and demanded to be given accomodation in London.

God who does she think she is! She has not been in a decent movie for over 20 years now, she aint Angelina Jolie or somebody!!!!

im not defending the guests alone, im saying *anyone* who flies transatlantic can barely function, and for anyone to function as well as the guests did is great. and btw if you can trash the guests, i *can* defend them.

Agreed. I think some people on here need to make a few more allowances and take a few more things into consideration...

i dont blame carrie fisher for complaining. if you are told you are going to a hotel and you get there and find its s*** with paint peeling rads falling off walls (not syaing hers was or anythignlike that) id complain. and so because im not famous i shoudlnt complain????

I heard that Carrie was not happy with the hotel she was staying in in MK and demanded to be given accomodation in London.

God who does she think she is! She has not been in a decent movie for over 20 years now, she aint Angelina Jolie or somebody!!!!

That's because she's no longer an actress.. she's a quite succesful screen writer!

You forget that these people have been surrounded half their life by 'Yes men (and women),' so they're used to getting their way.

If it gives you any sense of (perverse) satisfaction, a guest who's a pain in the proverbial, is unlikely to get invited to too many more events!

i dont blame carrie fisher for complaining. if you are told you are going to a hotel and you get there and find its s*** with paint peeling rads falling off walls (not syaing hers was or anythignlike that) id complain. and so because im not famous i shoudlnt complain????

umm.. I'd ask for a different room, not a different city! :D

That said, we don't know that this rumour is actually true!

Ok somebody tell me why Nic Brendon who had an open que and nobody waiting behind me in line, waited about 30 seconds before acknowledging i was standing right in front of him, and then refuses a posed photo. Why refuse a photo, it's not as if he does not have the time to do so!

I doubt she'd have been put somewhere falling apart! If everyone else was happy it couldnt have been that bad!