Responses to Statements in Here Please

showmasters

And something I have noticed today..over on the eh eh ehhhh boards they are closing topics as soon as they start to criticise Wolf for this situation. To me this says "I don't want to take criticism for something I have screwed up!!!". At least this board has allowed conversations to continue with a dedicated thread...

Father Coop....on the case for rough justice!!! Ooops, my secret is out, a holy man with attitude!!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok what i posted last night was in the heat of the moment i was really angry now i have had time to calm down and read what every one had had to say

i was really dissapointed at chris for choosing to go to the comic con after making a fuss about not being invited to sg8 so bryan invited him yes he should have got him to sign a contract but he has worked with wolf for many years and trusted him to commit to sg8 i just hate it when the guests that commit to a event are then approched bye someone to come to a different event on the same weekend as sg8 both don, teryl and chris were but only chris decided to go to the signing that offered him more money i am still a fan of chris but i thought that he would keep his word and have attended sg8

i am sorry if i offended any of the fans that was not intended i have met so many friends from going to convensions and signings and i think sci fi fans are the nicest and frendlest ppl i have met what i said was directed at sm and not you i hope to get the chance to meet some of you at future events

but i still will not be attending any con/ sighning run buy showmasters :o

ok what i posted last night was in the heat of the moment i was really angry now i have had time to calm down and read what every one had had to say

i was really dissapointed at chris for choosing to go to the comic con after making a fuss about not being invited to sg8 so bryan invited him yes he should have got him to sign a contract but he has worked with wolf for many years and trusted him to commit to sg8 i just hate it when the guests that commit to a event are then approched bye someone to come to a different event on the same weekend as sg8 both don, teryl and chris were but only chris decided to go to the signing that offered him more money i am still a fan of chris but i thought that he would keep his word and have attended sg8

i am sorry if i offended any of the fans that was not intended i have met so many friends from going to convensions and signings and i think sci fi fans are the nicest and frendlest ppl i have met what i said was directed at sm and not you i hope to get the chance to meet some of you at future events

but i still will not be attending any con/ sighning run buy showmasters :o

Hey Majorkennedy...whilst I respect your comments and feel let down by what has happened, you seem to be blinkered to the whole situation. We do not know everything that has gone on. We do not know how this happened where Chris felt he could leave eh eh ehhhh to do an event by Showmasters.

The situation of money is irrelevant in my book. For someone who is in regular well paid work like Chris Judge, the sum paid for a convention or signing event is pocket change.

I feel that there is something that we will never know and must respect that privacy. Chris Judge, as many have said, has been a loyal servant for eh eh ehhhh. What has changed to make him change his mind???

Money is not the reason in my books....I think the problem lies elsewhere...

But I do respect the fact you have been humble enough to apologise for your comments, even though you didn't need to.

Father Coop...always willing to listen!!

• Moderators

Oh and, did anyone consider that Chris might be slightly p*ssed off with Wolf for advertising him when he hadn't signed a contract? I don't care about what he "said" ... at least other organisers don't ANNOUNCE ppl before they've signed because they know stuff like this can happen! Wolf have obtained money from fans without any SOLID contract between them and Chris. I don't think that's fair.

Oh and, did anyone consider that Chris might be slightly p*ssed off with Wolf for advertising him when he hadn't signed a contract? I don't care about what he "said" ... at least other organisers don't ANNOUNCE ppl before they've signed because they know stuff like this can happen! Wolf have obtained money from fans without any SOLID contract between them and Chris. I don't think that's fair.

A valid point David....

A convention organiser I am cutting ties with after Halloween advertised DB Woodside in their flyer given out with tickets for another of their events and he hadn't even signed. It is reported he had given a verbal agreement but had yet to sign the contract. When he arrived in Ireland and found out the organiser had already started to advertise him (I was in said organiser's chat room when he said DB was a lock!!!), he got a tad unhappy and refused to do the event.

Father Coop.....hacked off at missing a meet with DB Woodside!!

Edited by Father Coop

You know what, people are so fickle. What's the betting you'll all be at a Showmaster event soon.

I dislike a few organisers for their silly attitudes and treatment of the fans, but I go where the guests I want to see are. I doubt any of you deep down are any different.

I pity poor Chris, who is going to make the effort to go and sign for his fans and have people being rude and b*tchy at him. He doesn't have to be there for the fans, he could be one of those celebs who shuts himself away from everyone.

So he hurt you and you feel betrayed, well either move on or learn some forgiveness. He's human, so are we all and he's not the possession of the fans. Probably a good thing as people seem intent on ripping him to shreds.

You know what, people are so fickle. What's the betting you'll all be at a Showmaster event soon.

I dislike a few organisers for their silly attitudes and treatment of the fans, but I go where the guests I want to see are. I doubt any of you deep down are any different.

I pity poor Chris, who is going to make the effort to go and sign for his fans and have people being rude and b*tchy at him. He doesn't have to be there for the fans, he could be one of those celebs who shuts himself away from everyone.

So he hurt you and you feel betrayed, well either move on or learn some forgiveness. He's human, so are we all and he's not the possession of the fans. Probably a good thing as people seem intent on ripping him to shreds.

Moves the sharp and throwable objects away from Lady E...

Father Coop..there to protect the people !!!!

Yes, Wolf had contractual problems with Corin Nemec, so why on earth did they think they could get away with no contract at all with Chris Judge? They are certainly to blame for that piece of poor decision-making.

The light has been seen....dudel I love your name....

Father Coop.....he likes imagination!!!

• Moderators

And on the other OTHER forum .. the London con one .. they've made comments about "other" malicious things going on between organisers, and yet they refused to elaborate! Surely if it were true, they'd give fans the truth!!

it is just a pity that both con organizations cant put all there cards on the table and be 100 present honest to the fans about what has happened at the end of the day it is us that are lossing out as many ppl are just going to sg8 for chris i am going to see all the guests and have a great time meeting new ppl and partying no body can say if we have the truth about what has happened wolf or sm could be keeping something from us we will never know the full story something might have happend between chris and wolf we prob will never know his personal live is just that personal whatever his dissisions in changing events are his i just thought that after he commited to a event he would have stayed commited to the event

Chris's statement should have been sent to Wolf as well so that the people who paid to see him could read it.

and how do we know it wasn't sent to Wolf? their statement (which i couldn't even find on their own boards, i had to read it on this thread as posted from showmasters) indicates that they would have a vested interest in HIDING chris' statement.

Chris also says in his statement that due to personal things he won't be doing a european tour - and his travel is restricted. is it possible that wolf, because they advertised him without a contract, are the reason for this? YES. he may not wish to publicly identify an untrustworthy organiser as the reason for his departure from their show, however it would be bersonal as only the spoken word between him and the organiser was binding him - regardless of what was said to fans. i could say now that i'm heading off to live on the moon - it means that i may be considering it, but if things change i won't.

personally i feel this thread has gone on long enough, and obviously a lot of ppl are annoyed by it, not just me. i don't know what's going on on the wolf threads, but if they're happy having fights, fine.

i took a look, and wolf's boards appear unwieldy and difficult to use, so i'm not going through to see everything being said by the ppl there, however, here things are easily located and grouped together. which - to every one of you - looks more professional?

for me, its this forum.

i would never rule out going to a wolf event - but i'd have to be financially able and damn well interested in almost all the guests offered. otherwise, the cost is slightly too high. don't say you'll never go back to showmasters, because you don't know what guest they may get to change your mind.

• Moderators

Oh, and one thought ... while I firmly believe that Chris' decision was NOT based on money, but a few OTHER problems (those which we're not aware of!) ... I've noticed that people think Chris is deserting the fans ...

Guests usually have a "work committment" clause in their contracts, right? So, they choose WORK over FANS ... and yet I've not seen anyone EVER complain that a guest has had to pull out because of work? They don't see THAT as deserting the fans ... and yet this guy is going to A SHOW! Where fans are! So how's that deserting them? .. as for the money thing, WORK = MONEY, so if u wanna be really picky, u can say that it's ALWAYS about the money. There's so many different ways of interpreting things and NONE are right when NONE of us know about the full situation.

Bizarre doesn't come close if u like Ron lol

You cheeky sod! :D How dare you be so disparaging towards Ron Perlman, you young whippersnapper! :P I don't know. Going to have to put you across my knee and spank you, I think...

:rolleyes::D^_^ Seriously, sure - he's not classically handsome, but he's got that certain something that many bland hearthrobs would kill for. :D

Edited by yeltz-lass

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, I've just sat and tried to read the other board and frankly I give up, its a mess of gossip, rumours and nothing on there makes any sense. My head hurts.

even their quoting facility seems, for want of a better description, s***. and i tried Expo's message board... have to register just to read it. something i'm not willing to do at the moment. at least here ppl are free to read without registration (though also true for wolf.) :rolleyes::P

Good luck replying to ANYTHING over there as they keep closing the relevant threads.

It is quite sad that as someone who is actually attending their convention I am having to come over here to discuss it ...not that coming over here is a hardship in the slightest *g*

And just to add I went over there to ask WHY they advertised a guest they didn't have a contract with to find it had already been asked several times. Wolf had every time completely avoided the issue replying the final time 'let's just move on'. I find this so rude. The least they could do is explain what happened and apologise rather than skirting around the issue. And I can't even go over there and discuss it as people just keep saying move on or will accuse me of stirring up trouble again.

If Wolf actually explained anything then maybe we could all move on!

You cheeky sod! :D How dare you be so disparaging towards Ron Perlman, you young whippersnapper! :P I don't know. Going to have to put you across my knee and spank you, I think...

:rolleyes::D^_^ Seriously, sure - he's not classically handsome, but he's got that certain something that many bland hearthrobs would kill for. :D

YAY see! He does, there's just something there that I'd crawl over hot coals to get to him for.

• Moderators

You cheeky sod! :D How dare you be so disparaging towards Ron Perlman, you young whippersnapper! :D I don't know. Going to have to put you across my knee and spank you, I think...

:rolleyes:^_^:D Seriously, sure - he's not classically handsome, but he's got that certain something that many bland hearthrobs would kill for. B)

:D I do apologise :P

Edited by DavidB6937

Good luck replying to ANYTHING over there as they keep closing the relevant threads.

It is quite sad that as someone who is actually attending their convention I am having to come over here to discuss it ...not that coming over here is a hardship in the slightest *g*

And just to add I went over there to ask WHY they advertised a guest they didn't have a contract with to find it had already been asked several times. Wolf had every time completely avoided the issue replying the final time 'let's just move on'. I find this so rude. The least they could do is explain what happened and apologise rather than skirting around the issue. And I can't even go over there and discuss it as people just keep saying move on or will accuse me of stirring up trouble again.

Yeah I noticed every third comment was wait until admin make a statement.

Well feel free to come and discuss here, we're not a bad bunch, apart from random smut and stuff that certain people keep introducing.

don't say you'll never go back to showmasters, because you don't know what guest they may get to change your mind.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that. I said that I enjoyed the last event and was considering going to the next. It would be helpful if you didn't quote me and reply to someone else in the same post without any distinction between the two, as it implies I said something when in fact, I said the exact reverse.

I, and a number of other posters, have said we are disappointed in Wolf and Chris Judge but do not blame LFCC. The reason I am saying it here is simply because this is where Chris chose to post his statement, so I consider this the appropriate place to respond.

Well feel free to come and discuss here, we're not a bad bunch, apart from random smut and stuff that certain people keep introducing.

noticed more than i did - i could barely concentrate on the text cuz the whole colour scheme just blends so well together - grey, grey, and more grey!!! :P;):angel::D

noticed more than i did - i could barely concentrate on the text cuz the whole colour scheme just blends so well together - grey, grey, and more grey!!! :P;):angel::D

And the smileys sucked :P:D