SPACE???

steve

I was just woundering about where are they going to put all the guests as there is over 50 ppl coming unless they cut down on the amount of trade stands, Iknow alot of ppl think there is room but just remember that more guests = more fans = more over crowding so i was just thinking should SM try and find another venue so they can accomidate such big crowd of fans ??? :mellow:

• Moderators

Not all the guests are there on the same days. Some are doing all three, some are doing two, and some are only doing one.

In the past there has been areas near Next, near Costa, and down both sides of John Lewis.

Last time there was even a small section opposite John Lewis, and also a couple of guests near the information desk.

So there's a lot of possibilities. They won't need to cut down on dealers.

They'll never move from MK tho.

yes i have been to all of the collectormania`s but i and many others will have push chairs and disabled ppl all have trouble getting around i still think they need to find somewhere else to carry on with this show and if you read alot of post after some of these shows there are alot of moaning about space and when you are at the show all you can hear is "dont push! stand back!" i have been turned back from seeing one guest because there was no room for me to get a push chair down the queue, dont get me wrong i love this show but it needs more room to accomidate all the fans and guests because this event is getting more and more popular

• Moderators

A lot of the time, that's including shoppers etc which can't be controlled cuz it's a shopping centre and anyone can go to it. It's held here because Collectormania is unique in that there's no entrance fee, and that's probably its main selling point as such, so I can't see it ever changing. The crowds are controlled as much as possible but that's sadly just the way things go. We all have to kinda control it ourselves by not getting in the way, moving when we need to, stuff like that. As for not having room for getting a pushchair down there, that shouldn't be a problem and I'm not quite sure why it was but hopefully crew would help you in future, so I'm sorry to hear that.

i have only been to this show as i have found out its the best one to go to i have met alot a guests at the show and even walking around the shopping centre the days running up to it but if we all put our heads to gether we could find a place that will hold more ppl and it could still be free its like space its out there but you just have to find it lol

i have only been to this show as i have found out its the best one to go to i have met alot a guests at the show and even walking around the shopping centre the days running up to it but if we all put our heads to gether we could find a place that will hold more ppl and it could still be free its like space its out there but you just have to find it lol

Just to add my 2 cents ... to find another venue may be advantageous in terms of space - however having organised several events at places like the NEC / Earls Court etc.. the price of hiring a hall ( and other related costs ) would make your hair fall out ...... it would certainly make autos very expensive.

i know that every where you go there will always be a crowd and i know that finding a place will not make much difference with crowd levels but when you think about it that middleton hall can only hold around 2000 ppl and last year when then the lotr stars was there they estimated around 7000 ppl was there so think about this time over 50 guest i think there going to it hit 10.000 mark and that many ppl trying to get out in an emergency is a accident waiting to happen,

• Showmasters Admin

It can be a pain I know, but honestly it does happen at the busy times at all of these events. Even at the NEC show (which is in a huge hall) I got walked into loads of times. Ppl just get caught up in there own world at these events and seam to walk around looking sideways. One preson actually had the cheek to say he hadn't seen me when he walked straight into me when I was looking at a stall. I smiled and said "I'm sorry I'll be a bit bigger next time so you can see me!" He didn't seem to get it.

Yes space is out there, but it's finding free space with all facilitlies like toilets, food etc that CMK can offer.

• Showmasters Admin
i know that every where you go there will always be a crowd and i know that finding a place will not make much difference with crowd levels but when you think about it that middleton hall can only hold around 2000 ppl and last year when then the lotr stars was there they estimated around 7000 ppl was there so think about this time over 50 guest i think there going to it hit 10.000 mark and that many ppl trying to get out in an emergency is a accident waiting to happen,

I'd say that around 2000-3000 of those were because of the hobbits. That's not going to happen this time.

C5 was no where near as bad as that.

I'd say that around 2000-3000 of those were because of the hobbits. That's not going to happen this time.

No I agree, but at that time we didnt have LFCC and I think in future where possible SM will try and put the MAJOR guests at LFCC, the biggest problem with MK is you get all the gawpers that have come shopping and just nose around to see whats going on. I think it would make much more sense to get these bigger stars at LFCC where the only people going are the ones dedicated to meeting the stars and not people just coming to shop as the £10 entrance fee will keep them away.

I agree with Too Tall C5 was the best so far I think and also at C4 was pleasent on the days the hobbits wernt there.

:rolleyes:

i know that every where you go there will always be a crowd and i know that finding a place will not make much difference with crowd levels but when you think  about it  that middleton hall  can only hold around 2000 ppl and last year when then the lotr stars was there they estimated around 7000 ppl was there so think about this time over 50 guest i think there going to it hit 10.000 mark and that many ppl trying to get out in an emergency is a accident waiting to happen,

i agree, while i haven't been to any collectormanias before (c6 is the first time) i know ppl who were at c4. the hobbits were the main reason for the crowd, and while other guests going will no doubt be popular, there will probably be less of an overall mania - to me, at least, none of the guests this time hold such universal popularity as a gang of hobbits :D

No I agree, but at that time we didnt have LFCC and I think in future where possible SM will try and put the MAJOR guests at LFCC, the biggest problem with MK is you get all the gawpers that have come shopping and just nose around to see whats going on. I think it would make much more sense to get these bigger stars at LFCC where the only people going are the ones dedicated to meeting the stars and not people just coming to shop as the £10 entrance fee will keep them away.

I agree with Too Tall C5 was the best so far I think and also at C4 was pleasent on the days the hobbits wernt there.

:D

you hit the nail on the head mate lets get showmarsters to shut all the shops down over the weekend and only let there show be open and free parking lol

milton keynes is a really big place, SM can handle finding just tht bit more room. c5 wasnt to bad it was crowded as every event wud be. Every event has someone bumping into someone else, even when im shopping up there i get bumped into sometimes. i dont think SM will change where to hold collectormania otherwise it just wudnt be collectormania, if tht makes sense :D

none of the guests this time hold such universal popularity as a gang of hobbits :D

And remeber that they came at the height of LOTR , I wonder what sort of crowd they would bring now though?, obviously a big one, but I reckon not as big as C4, get them back in a couple of years time, I reckon it will be no way near as manic!

none of the guests this time hold such universal popularity as a gang of hobbits :lol:

And remeber that they came at the height of LOTR , I wonder what sort of crowd they would bring now though?, obviously a big one, but I reckon not as big as C4, get them back in a couple of years time, I reckon it will be no way near as manic!

possibly, though elijah's wouldn't be much smaller at any time i reckon.... i mean, i for one would be interested in meeting him even without having seen LOTR!! :P :P :P

• Showmasters Admin
none of the guests this time hold such universal popularity as a gang of hobbits :lol:

possibly, though elijah's wouldn't be much smaller at any time i reckon.... i mean, i for one would be interested in meeting him even without having seen LOTR!! :P :P :P

I put hobbits but it was Elijah that was the main draw at C4. The crowd around that area was insane. I don't remeber the other hobbit area being as bad.