GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR LFACC2

showmasters

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since you insist: I'm still not totally convinced that the L3 situation was all above board. Taken on it's own, everything looks fine now. But as part of a wider situation, I'm still not happy. So, I am waiting for further developements.

Now, I think most people on this board would prefer to take a rest from the arguments, at least until there's some new information to argue about, don't you?

Well you can see for yourself that I've been a member over a year. As for the new joiners, I think you'll find they've joined because they do have an interest in the issue. Otherwise why would they? I think you'll find they are people who are going to the other con, or in some cases folks who go to Showmasters, who want to let their feelings be known. As customers at conventions we do have a right to express our feelings about guest lists and business practices. Also if contracts have not yet been signed, then we have a real chance of influencing outcomes here...

Well, since you insist: I'm still not totally convinced that the L3 situation was all above board. Taken on it's own, everything looks fine now. But as part of a wider situation, I'm still not happy. So, I am waiting for further developements.

Now, I think most people on this board would prefer to take a rest from the arguments, at least until there's some new information to argue about, don't you?

You know what, i dont see the point in showmasters trying to give you more information or please you...

Coz you're never f***in happy!

We have statements on the L3 situation from both parties and you still dont believe it?

ffs, what are you sherlock holmes

Rowan, How on earth can you think the situation with Torri is not above board when both convention oranisers have taken time out to come here and set your fears at rest? At first I admired your loyalty to a con organiser (or maybe it's just a invested interest) but now I am beginning to wonder. You are being so out of order and you have no facts just a few choice words the other con organiser has made on his forums. I am actually attending SG8 but you just seem to be on a trouble making kick. I really hope every one there doesn't display the type of behaviour you have been or I am going to have so much fun. People originally started discussing your concerns rationally with you on here but you are just getting more and more antagonistic. Whether you like it or not you WERE wrong about Showmasters and Torri. There is just as much chance you will be wrong again, and to be honest with you you are displaying such bad judgement that I am getting seriously worried about attending sg8 whereas before I didn't have any concerns.

You are not going to change anything you are just annoying people who to be honest don't care what you think about Showmasters.

As I have said before and I will say again, Showmasters have said they will be making another statement soon. Lets wait for it. You rushing in with less than half the information again is no better than people in real life who take it upon themselves to go and act as vigilanties and attack what turns out to be innocent people when the full story comes through.

If you think you ARE right however, what is the harm in getting all your facts straight?

As for the new joiners, I think you'll find they've joined because they do have an interest in the issue. Otherwise why would they?

having an interest in the issue, however, could be better displayed by participating in the relevant sections of the forum - for example, i never enter the wrestling area, and as such never comment on wrestling announcements.

people who have just joined because there is an issue to have a war over are causing offence to the rest of us who have actually been here for a while. they come on here to cause ridicule and say 'be honest and professional' - even though showmasters have clearly said it would be unprofessional to release details early.

yes, there are also some on the forum who appear to have been here for a while, and also want to cause fights. but you at least appear to be able to realise that you may not be entirely correct, and appear patient enough to wait until showmasters can make a statement. however, to consider even now - with statements from both showmasters and L3 - that the situation is not above-board, to me that's foolish. perhaps you know of a way to contact the agent, and discuss their role directly with them, however unless you do there is no point in being reluctant to believe these official statements.

CharliesAngel, I've said repeatedly I'd prefer to leave the whole argument for now. It seems you and others would prefer to keep dragging it up when there's nothing new to argue about. So I'm going to repeat one part of what I said one more time...

The L3 situation ON IT'S OWN now looks to be fine. However as part of a wider situation I still have my doubts.

I don't see any point in going over the arguments of the last few days any further than that, until more information comes in.

Gandalf: read what I said again. I didn't say the L3 situation wasn't above board. I said I hadn't fully made my mind up yet. And the fact is I may never be certain. I'm just another fan who isn't privy to all the backstage wrangling.