Best of Angel DVDs

rickyparty

Does anyone else hope for a batch of Best of Angel DVDs similar to the Buffy best ofs? I'm more of a Buffy fan than Angel but would like a few episodes that tie in with Buffy (like the Faith episodes in Season 4 that tie in with the final episodes of Buffy seeing as they show how Faith escapes jail and why Willow goes off to help Angel for a few eps of Buffy). I think that would be a big help for people who may not want to collect all of the Angel episodes or a select few.

I understand from my sources at Fox that they plan on bringing out some after Season 5 is released on DVD in March. They are releasing ones for Dawn, Giles, Cordy and Xander from the Buffy episodes. I understand there will be two initial blocks of releases about 3 months apart tentatively listed below..

May 2005 - Angel, Cordelia, Doyle and Wesley

August 2005 - Fred, Lorne, Connor and Gunn

There are also ones planned for Spike, Groo, Wolfram & Hart and many others.

Season Four of Angel has only just been released on DVD in America, seems like for once, the U.S.A is behind us on releases.

Watch out at some point as well for the Complete Angel on DVD in a box set, it is sure to follow at some point now Warner Bros have announced a Complete Buffy Box Set.

• Moderators
Season Four of Angel has only just been released on DVD in America, seems like for once, the U.S.A is behind us on releases.

Watch out at some point as well for the Complete Angel on DVD in a box set, it is sure to follow at some point now Warner Bros have announced a Complete Buffy Box Set.

Is that just all the normal Buffy ones in a box? Any idea what the packaging is like?

Is that just all the normal Buffy ones in a box? Any idea what the packaging is like?

Yep, Buffy in a Box - all Seven Seasons.

It is actually a Fox release. I don't believe there is any artwork for it yet, but you can pre-order it from Amazon.

Complete Buffy Collector's Edition Box Set (Series 1-7)

List Price: £199.99

Amazon Price: £139.99

Warner Bros only had the initial broadcats rights to Buffy Seasons 1 to 5 and Angel Seasons 1 to 5. Like anyone else wanting a piece of the series they had to purchase the right to show the episodes first up in the States. The last two seasons of Buffy ended up on UPN. Fox provided the initial financial backing to make the two series and then sold them as per contract with each network. If you check out your dvd's and videos you will see they are Fox DVD & Video releases.

Hence why I said my source at Fox.

I have asked my source at Fox for any cover artwork and will post when I have them.

Oh, and the USA Region 1 releases have always been behind the UK Region 2 releases.