I'm hoping to book a room at the Holiday Inn for myself and three friends for the weekend of C6. The thing is, we're all 16, which means that one of our parents would have to book a room for us on their credit card.

If anyone has ever stayed at the Holiday Inn before, or knows what their policy is on this, I'd really appreciate your help. Basically what I'm wondering is, does the cardholder need to be present at check-in and/or check-out? Or would it be possible for somebody to pay for the room via credit card, and then we could just come alone with the confirmation number and/or ID?

I'm really not sure how these things work, and I obviously want to be sure we can check in without the cardholder being present before I book the room.

• 3 weeks later...

i woz planning to book a room here, but on the internet it says click here to agree you are age 18 or over, however i am 16, but does this mean you have 2 b age 18 + 2 stay there or is the person booking 4 you having 2 b over 18? help im soo confused i need to book a room..... not long 2 go now!

i woz planning to book a room here, but on the internet it says click here to agree you are age 18 or over, however i am 16, but does this mean you have 2 b age 18 + 2 stay there or is the person booking 4 you having 2 b over 18? help im soo confused i need to book a room..... not long 2 go now!

You have to be 18 to book because you put in credit card details, and you can't have a credit card under 18 as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure about their policy on under 18's staying alone without adult supervision but you could probably get away with it. I'd email them just to check.

Fox

• Moderators
How far away from the Convention Centre is the Holiday Inn? According to the website, the Holiday Inn Express is over 2 miles away, by the Hangar Lane Gyratory. Is there a Holiday Inn that's closer?

There is a Holiday Inn in Central Milton Keynes which is just across the road from the shopping centre.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/925/en.../mlkbk?irs=null

That SHOULD be the link to it. It's more expensive than the Express but only a 2 minute walk from the centre ... u'll be at the end of the centre tho, u'll have to walk all the way down the centre to get to Middleton Hall where Collectormania is .. it's a very nice hotel tho :unsure:

Thanks for that, will help should we end up at C6! I've never been to Milton Keynes (been through it on the train, that's as close as I've been) so any info helps.

I actually was asking about the Holiday Inn for LFACC but posted in the wrong thread. Sorry bout that.

• Moderators

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/h...eDesc=&country=

I guess that's the one u mentioned, the 2 mile away one, that does seem to be the closest Holiday Inn to Wembley. There are a few hotels that are right round the corner from where the convention is held, u'd be better off in one of them although I'm not sure of the prices.

Thanks David; I've made reservations at the Milton Keynes Holiday Inn for Collectormania6, and at the Quality Hotel Wembley for LFACC. Wembley Plaza Hotel is apparently full, or so says the hilton.com website.

How big is the Centre? On the C6 website it says the Holiday Inn is a 5 minute walk. I can live with that.

• Moderators

The Holiday Inn at the centre is only literally over the road from the centre, but then u'll have to walk all the way through the centre to get to Middleton Hall which is basically the opposite end :D so it's really not too bad at all!

It's probably only a 10 min walk max from one end of the centre to the other I'd guess :(

Edited by DavidB6937

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed there last time, and I was asked for my credit card on check in and check out. First to confirm the booking I suppose, and then I had to sign the receipt on check out.

Because you can cancel your reservation at any time, even upto the week of your planned stay, the money is never usually taken from your card straight away, (well it wasn't from mine), they usually take it from your card on check out after you have signed the receipt.

I suppose it depends on who serves you at the desk.

Edited by Strider

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone wants to know for future ref, I didn't have any problem with the credit card thing. The guy asked for my card when I checked in, I explained that I wasn't paying by card, and that was fine, he just needed the cash in advance. Big relief there ;)