Project Hobbit

Nickwise Gamgee

for the most part?

soo... how long were you supposed to be banned for? :lol:

what kinda phone is it then? :(

nothin wrong with a sqiurrel fixation... but if you don't see them for long periods maybe you suffer from withdrawal symptoms? :P :P: P :P;)

*cough* lets put it this way, if I want to remain in the good books, I log off at ten pm. :huh:

My phone is ickle box which flips open (how cool! because I always wanted one of those old-style black flip-open with extendable aerial thingys) but it has no aerial. :( Dunno what make. Its not a brick. :( But is like, 5p a minute to any type of phone, any time, which means £3.50 an hour compared to £15 an hour which was what I used to be running up bills of. :P:lol::angry: Yes, I didn't make many phonecalls.

Squirrel fixation....no....no withdrawals because I don't have a squirrel fixation.... but when I see one I just have to run after it and try and pick it up...

:lol::D

thats bloody early!!!! how come its that?? :blink:

theres usually a little name on the phone, saying who made it... :P

and if theres no number on the outside, there should be several of them on the battery... :P :P :P

okay.... so i'm guessin its been, what? a week or two since you last saw possible pick-ups? :D

The squirrels are OUT IN FORCE in Bedford, they don't hibernate too early because they might get picked up...

:D:P

I'm not running upstairs to get my phone. :P:P

I might make it to half past ten....

This is because apparently the light from the computer (which is in the corner of the room, miles away from upstairs) keeps the parents awake. Which makes NO SENSE because they'd have to have Superman vision to see any light at all from where their bedroom is.

In short, they like controlling my life.

ah well. it could be worse, they might have decided to put you off at... err.... 9?

:P:(

but... here's a little possible idea...

maybe build a little box to fix on to the monitor so that your head is inside it and the light isn't getting out? that way they can't complain!! :(:D

can you remember the name on it?

i'm guessing you've lifted sleeping squirrels before now, then? :P:P:P:(:P

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fear is no object...

i think.... :lol::blink:

HOW close to reality is it going to be?!?!!

:angry::huh::lol:

another possibility - write them all, email the whole thing to one person, and see whether they can guess the viewpoints?

Ah, don't worry, no words have hit paper yet.

To be honest, it wasn't going to be close to reality at all, I mean, you are being over-ridden by a character with a different name, but has your writing style. Ok, I can't explain it. As it is, we are all writing this novel unintentionally. Sort of. I'm just channeling it!

*takes notes*

Hey, If anyone has any objections, just say 'I don't want to be a part of this' and you won't. No worries.

fear is no object...

i think.... :lol:  :blink:

HOW close to reality is it going to be?!?!!

:angry:  :huh:  :lol:

another possibility - write them all, email the whole thing to one person, and see whether they can guess the viewpoints?

Ah, don't worry, no words have hit paper yet.

To be honest, it wasn't going to be close to reality at all, I mean, you are being over-ridden by a character with a different name, but has your writing style. Ok, I can't explain it. As it is, we are all writing this novel unintentionally. Sort of. I'm just channeling it!

*takes notes*

Hey, If anyone has any objections, just say 'I don't want to be a part of this' and you won't. No worries.

no objections from me :P:lol::P

just... the discovery of project hobbit had me wondering 'is it going to be a history of the thread?' which would be dull reading i'm sure for everyone else!!! :D :D :D

ah well. it could be worse, they might have decided to put you off at... err.... 9?

:D :D

maybe build a little box to fix on to the monitor so that your head is inside it and the light isn't getting out? that way they can't complain!! :D :D

i'm guessing you've lifted sleeping squirrels before now, then? :P:lol::D:lol::P

I might take that idea further and build a little den roudn the computer, with a door and a fridge and running water and electricity. The I'm good to go and the rent won't be much. :lol::lol:

If I was off at nine.... :firedevil::frankie:

The name on the phone....hmmmm.... 'phone' I don't know! I am not into technology! (except computers. Preciouss) :blush:

I've had squirrels climb all over me in London. They stole my sandwiches. I'm getting my own back. :lol::lol:

ah well.  it could be worse, they might have decided to put you off at... err.... 9?

:D :D

maybe build a little box to fix on to the monitor so that your head is inside it and the light isn't getting out?  that way they can't complain!! :D :D

i'm guessing you've lifted sleeping squirrels before now, then?  :P  :lol:  :D  :lol:  :P

I might take that idea further and build a little den roudn the computer, with a door and a fridge and running water and electricity. The I'm good to go and the rent won't be much. :lol::lol:

If I was off at nine.... :firedevil::frankie:

The name on the phone....hmmmm.... 'phone' I don't know! I am not into technology! (except computers. Preciouss) :blush:

I've had squirrels climb all over me in London. They stole my sandwiches. I'm getting my own back. :lol::lol:

thats a better idea!! :P :P

with a little squirrel in a respectable cage... :(:D :D

no objections from me :lol::firedevil::lol:

just... the discovery of project hobbit had me wondering 'is it going to be a history of the thread?' which would be dull reading i'm sure for everyone else!!! :frankie::blush::lol:

Nah, it won't be a history of the thread, I'm taking you all into a world of adventure, or the likes. But not in a cheesy typical dark-lord versus secret agents kinda way. Just interesting. Hey, I'm still mucking about with the idea, I have another novel on the go, one being planned meticulously and then this one, at my favourite stage of the writing process 'just a new concept' :lol:

It won't be a long novel. It'll be...I won't know until I've read it. (and written it.)

:lol:

The words 'Project Hobbit' are unlikely to be mentioned. You all know who you are. You don't need me to remind you. :lol:

no objections from me :D:frankie::P

just... the discovery of project hobbit had me wondering 'is it going to be a history of the thread?'  which would be dull reading i'm sure for everyone else!!! :blush::lol: :lol:

Nah, it won't be a history of the thread, I'm taking you all into a world of adventure, or the likes. But not in a cheesy typical dark-lord versus secret agents kinda way. Just interesting. Hey, I'm still mucking about with the idea, I have another novel on the go, one being planned meticulously and then this one, at my favourite stage of the writing process 'just a new concept' :lol:

It won't be a long novel. It'll be...I won't know until I've read it. (and written it.)

:P

The words 'Project Hobbit' are unlikely to be mentioned. You all know who you are. You don't need me to remind you. :lol:

plus i'm sure by now SOMEone has copyright or trademark on 'hobbit' :lol::(:lol:

STOP mucking about and get some writing done, that might be a better stage in the process, it would mean that there'd be stuff ready to be viewed, and you'd be accomplishing something :D :D :D

of course we know who we are :D waht are our new names going to be though? and is there less of a physical distance than there is now? :firedevil:

no objections from me :P:D:P

just... the discovery of project hobbit had me wondering 'is it going to be a history of the thread?'  which would be dull reading i'm sure for everyone else!!! :D :D :D

Nah, it won't be a history of the thread, I'm taking you all into a world of adventure, or the likes. But not in a cheesy typical dark-lord versus secret agents kinda way. Just interesting. Hey, I'm still mucking about with the idea, I have another novel on the go, one being planned meticulously and then this one, at my favourite stage of the writing process 'just a new concept' :D

The words 'Project Hobbit' are unlikely to be mentioned. You all know who you are. You don't need me to remind you. :D

plus i'm sure by now SOMEone has copyright or trademark on 'hobbit' :D:P:D

STOP mucking about and get some writing done, that might be a better stage in the process, it would mean that there'd be stuff ready to be viewed, and you'd be accomplishing something :D :D :D

of course we know who we are :D waht are our new names going to be though? and is there less of a physical distance than there is now? :headscratch:

Ah, names, that's an interesting one. I thought of using anagrams of (no, not your forum or real names) but something that you're into, or someone you identify with. I warned Sarowyn that I'd be asking some random questions nearer the time, but I need a few more of you in here for that.

Yes, yes, I'll get writing. You just want to read it already don't you? Well I can e-mail you now so watch out for any files being dropped off. :lol: Titled 'help, needs proof reading!'

I have thought of distance, and its the one thing I've kinda established that at many points we need this element of distance to really reflect on the influence of the forum (yet again I stress, the forum won't be as we know it, it might only be a representation.) but there may be other types of reducing the distance, like *gets strange now.* telepathy....hehehehe ok, Its gotta have something interesting in it, possibly not that. :lol:

I don't want to KILL any squirrels, I just want to squish them....(not fatally of course.)

no objections from me :P:D:P

just... the discovery of project hobbit had me wondering 'is it going to be a history of the thread?'  which would be dull reading i'm sure for everyone else!!! :D :D :D

Nah, it won't be a history of the thread, I'm taking you all into a world of adventure, or the likes. But not in a cheesy typical dark-lord versus secret agents kinda way. Just interesting. Hey, I'm still mucking about with the idea, I have another novel on the go, one being planned meticulously and then this one, at my favourite stage of the writing process 'just a new concept' :D

The words 'Project Hobbit' are unlikely to be mentioned. You all know who you are. You don't need me to remind you. :D

plus i'm sure by now SOMEone has copyright or trademark on 'hobbit' :D:P:D

STOP mucking about and get some writing done, that might be a better stage in the process, it would mean that there'd be stuff ready to be viewed, and you'd be accomplishing something :D :D :P

of course we know who we are :P waht are our new names going to be though? and is there less of a physical distance than there is now? :headscratch:

Ah, names, that's an interesting one. I thought of using anagrams of (no, not your forum or real names) but something that you're into, or someone you identify with. I warned Sarowyn that I'd be asking some random questions nearer the time, but I need a few more of you in here for that.

Yes, yes, I'll get writing. You just want to read it already don't you? Well I can e-mail you now so watch out for any files being dropped off. :lol: Titled 'help, needs proof reading!'

I have thought of distance, and its the one thing I've kinda established that at many points we need this element of distance to really reflect on the influence of the forum (yet again I stress, the forum won't be as we know it, it might only be a representation.) but there may be other types of reducing the distance, like *gets strange now.* telepathy....hehehehe ok, Its gotta have something interesting in it, possibly not that. :D

I don't want to KILL any squirrels, I just want to squish them....(not fatally of course.)

yup, i wanna read :P :P

use the new address, of course - you're the only person knows it right now anyway :D :D so there's noway for it to be prevented from arriving, i reckon :D

anagrams?:lol:

well, any random questions you want me to answer you now have 3 email addresses for me and one forum screen name (i'm actually contemplating another, but i'm not gonna do it just yet :D :D )

i'm not suggesting KILLING squirrels,.... just conquering a few.,... :P:D

Well, Ok. If I start to carry around another 3-and-a-half-inch-floppy-disk again, I can type a chapter at any computer that I come into contact with. :lol: I've done this. Its fun. They all try and reformat your disk, so when you get it home, you can't actually read it. :lol:

You won't get any chapters for a while, but yeah, i'll use your new address *cough* plagerism!

You're not changing 'Gandalf the Black' are you??????? :headscratch: or just inventing another personality?

You can't! I won't lets you.

Well, Ok. If I start to carry around another 3-and-a-half-inch-floppy-disk again, I can type a chapter at any computer that I come into contact with. :lol: I've done this. Its fun. They all try and reformat your disk, so when you get it home, you can't actually read it. :D

You won't get any chapters for a while, but yeah, i'll use your new address *cough* plagerism!

You're not changing 'Gandalf the Black' are you??????? :lol: or just inventing another personality?

You can't! I won't lets you.

i'm considering running both at the same time, same personality... just that most ppl wouldn't recognise the other one...

methinks i've offended a few ppl somewhere along the way :headscratch:

not too worried of course, they don't know where i live!! :D :D :D

3 and a half inch? thats the (relatively) new solid black ones?

i remember using an old 5 inch one time, on an old BBC micro!!! :D :D

i'm considering running both at the same time, same personality... just that most ppl wouldn't recognise the other one...

methinks i've offended a few ppl somewhere along the way :rolleyes:

not too worried of course, they don't know where i live!! :angry::huh::P

3 and a half inch? thats the (relatively) new solid black ones?

i remember using an old 5 inch one time, on an old BBC micro!!! :P :P

Its been known to do that. Have another personality.

Just don't say. And don't get rid of Gandalf-the-Black. Or I'll have to find another agent Gandalf. :P

I do my very best NOT to annoy anyone on here. Everyone knows I'm from the Shire, and they'd hunt me down on Bagshot row. :unsure::unsure:

You wizards can get away with it because you're always running off. I don't know why you didn't join the same pension plan as Saruman, gotten yourself your own little Isengard somewhere. tut tut. Noooo, you would do that, would you Gandalf? Just wander round in the woods glowing bright white and scaring rangers, elves and dwarves.

Have I got you saying the word 'methinks?' I know I say it alot... :angel::unsure:

methinks i've offended a few ppl somewhere along the way  :rolleyes:

not too worried of course, they don't know where i live!! :angry::huh::P

3 and a half inch?  thats the (relatively) new solid black ones?

i remember using an old 5 inch one time, on an old BBC micro!!! :P :P

Its been known to do that. Have another personality.

Just don't say. And don't get rid of Gandalf-the-Black. Or I'll have to find another agent Gandalf. :P

I do my very best NOT to annoy anyone on here. Everyone knows I'm from the Shire, and they'd hunt me down on Bagshot row. :unsure::unsure:

You wizards can get away with it because you're always running off. I don't know why you didn't join the same pension plan as Saruman, gotten yourself your own little Isengard somewhere. tut tut. Noooo, you would do that, would you Gandalf? Just wander round in the woods glowing bright white and scaring rangers, elves and dwarves.

Have I got you saying the word 'methinks?' I know I say it alot... :angel::unsure:

i think you HAVE caused me saying it!!! :P :P :P

but believe me i would hold on to this one as well, if i changed completely i'd have to alter the sig on the new one to agent gandalf, and that would NOT do cuz too many ppl know who that is!! :P:o:P

and... i'm guessing you haven't seen the spoiler thread to the extended edition... and saruman's ultimate fate? if you want me to say, fair enuf, but if you don't... well, just in case you don't, ill just say now that its no wonder it was cut from the theatrical. i think there would be a complete boycott if it had been included... its bad. its really bad, and against tolkien entirely :P

i think you HAVE caused me saying it!!! :P :P :P

but believe me i would hold on to this one as well, if i changed completely i'd have to alter the sig on the new one to agent gandalf, and that would NOT do cuz too many ppl know who that is!! :unsure::angry::huh:

and... i'm guessing you haven't seen the spoiler thread to the extended edition... and saruman's ultimate fate? if you want me to say, fair enuf, but if you don't... well, just in case you don't, ill just say now that its no wonder it was cut from the theatrical. i think there would be a complete boycott if it had been included... its bad. its really bad, and against tolkien entirely :P

LOL! I'm sorry, soon you'll start saying 'Stairs' and 'Of Course' and anything with 'ar' in it with a gardner slur.

methinks.

Don't change completely, what we do in life echoes in eternity (said a lovely Russel Crowe), and therefore anything you've said as 'GtB' is all intertwined in yourself now. Lord, I'm BECOMING a complete Gamgee.

taters. :unsure:

If you want to tell me about the spoiler, e-mail me, so anyone else doesn't stumble on it and have it ruined, not that I care about 'spoilers' because I generally don't buy extended editions, heck, I don't even own a VHS of TTT or ROTK!!!

(ok, I am bad.) :rolleyes::unsure::angel:

I gave up magic a looong time ago. But that doesn't mean I don't have any books still.

If I click this link and disappear, it'll be cos the comp crashed. :rolleyes:

I've just sent you an annoying e-mail. :angry::huh:

cheeky sod!!! :P :P :P

you... have magic books?

i might ask to borrow some of them sometime, it would be interesting i'm sure... :D

btw, i'm not deleting the email - no real need to :D :D :P

Yerah, I'll guess they'll be another thing I'll be bringing to c7. :rolleyes:

I'm not being cheeky! My computer is just refusing links! Oh, but this one worked, and I don't like the idea of Sam discarding his pots and pans, and Saruman....hmm...how can they call that homage to Christopher Lee 'gee, sorry we cut all your scenes, but hye, we put in the lovely death scene.'

What colour would he come back as? You should know. I mean, fair play, he falls over and dies, but Gandalf has to fight a firey winged demon through the pits of the earth just to have a change of clothes. I think Saruman should come back Grey again. That'd teach him. :angry:

Yerah, I'll guess they'll be another thing I'll be bringing to c7. :rolleyes:

I'm not being cheeky! My computer is just refusing links! Oh, but this one worked, and I don't like the idea of Sam discarding his pots and pans, and Saruman....hmm...how can they call that homage to Christopher Lee 'gee, sorry we cut all your scenes, but hye, we put in the lovely death scene.'

What colour would he come back as? You should know. I mean, fair play, he falls over and dies, but Gandalf has to fight a firey winged demon through the pits of the earth just to have a change of clothes. I think Saruman should come back Grey again. That'd teach him. :P

i think...

saruman the many-coloured... :P;)

thats what he calls himself in the book at isengard when gandalf first visits... :D

i mean the email is cheeky :P:D

i discovered a link to a special signing (hint!!!) that C. Lee is doing in england in november... the only film for which he will NOT sign stuff is dracula, he's even signin for LOTR!!!! :o

i was surprised to read that, since he was really upset with the cutting of his last scene from the theatrical... but with the death scene in existence, i'm not bloody surprised at it being cut!!!!

and actually, in the book, sam DOES discard everything... :P :P

Ok, I can't really remember what I wrote in the e-mail. :D only a deceptive subject heading.

Saruman the multi-coloured. excellent.

Gandalf the pink-because-he-mixed-bright-red-socks-in-with-his-white-robes :P

oooooooooooooh......Christopher Leeeeeeeeee.........November.....hmmm...WHAT COULD THAT BE??? :rolleyes: cool!

Sam...does he discard EVERYTHING?? ok. Sorry. I WAS being cheeky there. :P:P

'can't go walking through mordor in nought but your skin, Mr Frodo....I've tried it, it's too cold.' :P I am bad. ;)

Ok, my time's up. :o

I'm at work tomorrow, boring boring, ah! No! Caz will be there! woohoo!!! :D:P I love my new apprentice. She's great.

I will disappear shortly. Sleep tight (if you ever do...) and don't let the fiery-demons-from-beneath-the-dwarven-mines bite.

*agent Sam hug*