The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe

king b

on one viewing? didnt think much of it TBH

I thought it was predictable

but alot of the things that annoyed me were amplified things that always annoy me, murray golds incessant need to blast ridicules star wars prequel style jolly bombastic silly incidental music over every scene, like the scene where the doc shows them the kids bedroom. his scores are wonderful but his incidental music is awful, and why does just about every scene have to have such loud music over it? im really curious to know if this is down to the moff and RTD before him or the other producers or if its murray himself?

is it too much to want bad guys/monsters? ppl dying? and why is it so many other races are able to time travel? even these bloody tree life forces can enter the grey cloud, sorry time vortex. time travel and regeneration really have been cheapened IMO over the last few years.

also i almost pulled my hair out at the scene just before the credits, the doc is flying through space like he has just jumped out of a plane chasing a parachute moonraker style and screaming as such, this total disregard to the physics of space really stuck in my claw. i can accept the doctor being able to survive in space without needing air for some time, hell we have seen it before (enlightenment was it?) and im sure elsewhere, but this was ridicules. there is fantasy and there is taking the p**s

the dad surviving you could see coming a mile off (also the visual suggests the bomber entered the time vortex with the tree lighthouse globe thing, hummm)

the aslan narnia door knob to the lighthouse, humm, still not sure what i thought of that, nice nod? or taking the mick?

why was it called the doctor the widow and the wardrobe? when the wardrobe (tardis) is hardly in it and only refereed once as the wardrobe and no one aside the doctor goes inside? I would of preferred a more blatant ripp off from narnia and have the present be a wrapped up wardrobe or something, or have someone refer to the large present as "big enough to be a wardrobe" or something like that

the bill bailey comedy trio of crap soldiers were so wasted and almost pointless,

the female countdown computer voice we get in almost every ep really starting to annoy me. "5 minutes until the world ends, world ending in 5 minutes" ect ect

HOWEVER

there was also brilliance,

the bond style previous mission pre credits scene was AWESOME (aside that moonraker bit mentioned above)

the tree ppl looked and sounded AMAZING!

the idea with the present and the tree planet was interesting.

the war scenes looked good.

all the cast did well.

the pond ending was nice, amy was so sweet "shes a good girl" lol

the happy tears scenes were really good esp the doctor at the end, that was touching.

i absolutely LOVED ppl calling the doctor caretaker, but then i loved ace calling him professor also which many hate lol

Edited by timelord81r

One point regarding the music, Moffatt would have final decisions as he is Boss.

you never know as its been this way since 2005, so might be more to it, but yer you would think he would. and RTD before him. be the ones who have final say

I could not see Murray having that much stroke. If the BBC received 1000's of complaints about the music then it would fall at the door of Moffatt as he is Boss.